Beta version v6.1.03 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Is the problem of different languages used in GUI and HT4.0 solved? The language setting for the GUI changes the language setting in HT4.0 with the previous firmware when you restart the zidoo.

2. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@OlivierQC
    I have a question for you
    Do when you are in viewing files and you have folders with movies.

If you start a movie and press the Info button once and then a second time to exit - here you can see the description and parameters with the cover --- this description opens with the cover several times but I do not press anything with the remote control
    Something like self-blinking description

Nothing like that happens when I'm at Home Theater

I don't know if you understood what I mean - google translate :(

3. afss

afss Active Member

Hi Mark, what does this mean ?

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

are you from homecinema-fr?

send me a mp in french, i'm not good in english either.

See you

5. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

I see it in the Zidoo Output Info, and the AVR Input Info.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Some displays allow LLDV to be displayed in 10-bit 444 and 12-bit 444 as well as 12-bit 422. It's also something you can force with an HDFury device when using LLDV on an HDR10(+) display.

Screenshot_20210203-180727.png

This is defined in the Dolby Block in the EDID and in prior firmware the Zidoo was interpreting this incorrectly.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 Thanks for the explanation. So will I see an improvement when watching in LLDV via my Vertex2?

8. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Great work overall! I really like the HDR10 and DV Logo in the corner when playback starts. However, the logo or the resolution and frame rate needs to be moved.

Maybe you could use the new Dolby Vision Logo like this one?

Attached Files:

9. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I like the logo as well. I would love it to be moved down so it appears on my scope screen!

10. Markswift2003

And the little "Play" text:

upload_2021-2-3_18-23-24.png

Sledgehamma likes this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Will my Zidoo still show Dolby Vision if outputting in LLDV?

12. Markswift2003

Yeah, I hate stuff like that in the masks..

13. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I also noticed this - the logo is superimposed on the resolution and frames

14. Markswift2003

It now shows VS10 Dolby Vision for converted content (ie upconverted HDR10 etc to DV/LLDV by VS10) and Dolby Vision for native DV content in both LLDV and DV.

So yes ;)

15. Markswift2003

It also incorrectly displays HDR10+ on both the new logo and the info screen if you play a Dolby Vision file with an HDR10+ base layer and have a display/EDID capable of HDR10+ and Dolby Vision:

upload_2021-2-3_18-31-28.png

upload_2021-2-3_18-32-5.png

16. Markswift2003

Still don't like change ;):p

17. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

You'll get used to it ;)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. afss

afss Active Member

Thanks Mark !

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

ok, I've got 23hz, frame-rate and resolution works for me

20. Markswift2003

If you have an EDID with a Dolby Block that supports 10-bit 444 and 12-bit 444 then you can choose those modes in the HDR settings.

Whether they make any difference to image quality is another question. The answer to which I dare say is no!

If you want to have a play drop me a PM...