Beta version v6.0.85 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ammar11, Dec 28, 2020.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

I think it's about video files. It's time to stop discussing this in this thread

ammar11 likes this.
  2. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Maybe the moderator would create a separate thread about subtitle flashing and move everything there?

3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

My line of work is in software myself. Any issues our developers can't do anything if it's not reproducible. If they can't reproduce logically there's no cause to find.

4. Magyar Péter

Magyar Péter New Member

My opinion Me, Eleonor and some other user here is advanced in this media player topic. I've used several media players since 2007. My first player was Popcorn Hour NMT-100A, I used 3 years without any issues, then I bought a HDI Dune Base 3.0, I used between 2010 and 2020 with satisfaction and now I've changed to Zidoo Z9X because of the 4K and HDR10+/DV. This player shows from the beginning the subtitle bug. I tried every fw from 6.0.45 and blinking subtitles occured with every fw. I tried every subtitle settings in the main menu and subtitle menu during the movie, nothing changed. Now then I can't think other I've got a faulty device!?

This is another movie with this bug:
    The.Mandalorian.S02E08.Chapter.16.The.Rescue.1080p.WEBRip.DDP5.1.Atmos.x264-MZABI.mkv
    You can download the concrete subtitle file that I used in the recorded video.

5. mirror

I think it's these mkv files that cause the timeline error. So providing SRT subtitles alone doesn't make any sense!

6. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

If the subtitles are not the problem, but the mkv file, do you think all mkvs are broken?
    So why doesn't this happen on other players?

I process a lot of movies myself to .mkv and there is no possibility that there are any errors in the video file.
    Something is wrong .. I don't know with my memory? with buffering?
    I don't know anything about creating firmware but it gives food for thought

The weird thing is that it's not repetitive - it is in different places and different times of the movie = yesterday as I was pushing back and forth
    I couldn't get it I often do the captions myself - I take them out of blueray, I transform them into SubtitleEdit and there is no error or any time overlaps in them - they are like on the internet when you download quickly and people can't do it
    I pay attention to the inscriptions and they must match perfectly ..
    And here on the Z9X I have such a flashing error

@Magyar Péter
    Is there repeatability for you? i.e. if you go back a dozen times to this place, do you have the subtitles blink?
    I don't - it blinks once and not

7. papirus

papirus Member

Hi mirror ,

I see short flashing in subtitles and it's true.

But when I get the image back, it doesn't make the same error in the same place.

So this problem is not related to mkv files or subtitle files.

It is caused by firmware, it is certain ...

8. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

In my case behavior is different: srt no flashing but not all content is displayed, same for .sub files (in ZDMC all is working perfect, I also face the same on X9S HW)......SO FOR SURE THE FILES ARE OK, I checked some of them with subtitle edit to be sure......

9. mirror

Maybe I should spend 30 hours reproducing it. Anyway, Please stop discussing this topic in this thread

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  10. ammar11

Been testing many of my DV movies today, all played flawlessly. Only tested up to 20 minutes each due to time constrain, but it’s looking good.

The new bookmark option is also very thoughtful, now my movies always starts over if they’re stopped at the first or the last few minutes. What’s even better you can specify your own time.

Z9X is almost perfect for me now, all other minor issues are bonus to have it fixed.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I think @mirror has a point asking to not continue discussing the flashing srt issue here.

For a more structural approach and debate, starting a dedicated thread about these problems would seem a more proper first step. I think it would provide for the forums to have more oversight and easier browsing & reading. I notice subjects are quite scattered all over the place and sometimes leave me searching my *ss off, TBH.
    Maybe some of you wants to take the initiative?

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just tried 140, 200 and 400Mbps files and all played flawlessly over SMB, even the 400Mbps which I have to say surprised me.

What colour is the network light on the back of your Zidoo?

13. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Is there a moderator on this forum who would move and possibly start a thread about the problem with subtitles?

14. Markswift2003

You don't need to be a moderator to start a new thread...

15. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Yes, I know - setting up a topic is not a problem
    Just clean up here and transfer everything to a new topic --- problem .. :(

16. ammar11

Gather all the info and put them all together. Many people been doing that, you see prople creating thread for list of bugs, or list of features, or recommended settings, etc. They all worked on it. Just a little work.

17. Markswift2003

Don't worry about that, just start a new topic.

18. Gilles

Gilles New Member

Hi, does this firmware resolved this issue : using VS10 input 1080p mkv to outpout HDR bt2020, the picture seems to be washout, certainly because the black level is too low or gamma to high (firmware 6.0.66).
    Thank you for response.

19. afss

afss Active Member

This is absolute torture with the Z10 Pro owners.... I have a pile of MEL MKV DV titles waiting to be watched :(

20. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Hmm... good to know SMB/GigaLAN playback works well. Maybe I should give 85G a try...