Beta version v6.0.85 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ammar11, Dec 28, 2020.

1. wally

wally New Member

@mirror

For me, the bug with .srt files is different.
    First, this is with external .srt subtitles, which are correct, I'm sure. I never use internal subtitles, cos the player can't handle correctly tag like italiks and all.
    So, and I have this bug for many years, now, X8 had the same problem, sometimes subtitles are "jumping", making it to appear twice (to early of sync, or to late as a result), or sometimes the sync is a little bit off because the display is late.
    Anyway, this is not very stable.

2. maglione

maglione Member

Exact. Wow old old bug, zidoo please fix this.

People of Zidoo see some movie or serie with external .srt and you find the bug.

3. Magyar Péter

Magyar Péter New Member

Yes, i agree with you. I have experienced this annoying subtitle bug with all firmware and it exists still. Playing any mkv file with external srt file the actual subtitle text in random moments flashing. During 2 hours playtime this flashing effect happens 30-40 times. It's very miserable. Mkv file with internal subtitle there isn't this problem, just with external subtitle. I also have Dune Base 3.0 beside the Z9X and Dune player hasn't such a problem. So dear Developer, please fix this bug. I think this problem solving is basic and essential.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    SandorM likes this.
  4. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

It turns out that it is not repeatable.
    The moment that I managed to track several times in the same place after moving forward or backward several times no longer causes flickering in this place ...
    It flashes in another ...
    I do not know what causes the subtitles to flash As I said - maybe I put it wrong but I don't know angelic one and google tanslate helps me :)
    It is a fraction of a millisecond wink before or after the time it is to be displayed

Here is the time that I had the most blink in this movie:

00:03:35,465 --> 00:03:38,010
    Widziałem, jak ginie twoja planeta.

5. Genadi

Genadi Member

@mirror Hello! Can you finally tell me, the reason, why does Zidoo show information about Dolby Vision "4k" file - (1080p 8bit HDR) and on the other hand the information on the TV says - (Dolby Vision 1080p bt2020) The TV is LG55uh8500. And is it possible to fix this in the future.

6. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Please fix bug on HDR online stream.
    Slow tearing.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Eleonor, tape your phone to the chair if you don’t have bracket or tripod. Set the video camera for slow motion and watch the movie with subtitles. If you see the issue stop recording and check last few seconds. If you capture couple of good examples post video to YouTube and give us the link.

I don’t use subtitles a lot but haven’t seen this flash issue. Disable TV motion processing just to be sure it’s not generated there. Use cinematic mode on the TV 23.976fps original film cadence when making video.

8. Magyar Péter

Magyar Péter New Member

I've attached a rar file. It contains 2 short video about flashing effect and the srt file.

"Azt ajánlom, fogja be a száját ez itt nem a labor"

This part in .srt file:

00:01:51,066 --> 00:01:52,396
    Mi folyik itt? Kik ezek?

00:01:52,484 --> 00:01:55,074
    Azt ajánlom, fogja be a száját,
    ez itt nem a labor.

00:02:12,838 --> 00:02:14,338
    Ion ágyúval talált el minket.

"Már találkoztunk. A gyermek életben van?"

This part in .srt file:
    00:02:54,505 --> 00:02:57,295
    Nagy hibát követsz el, ő itt Dr. Pershing.

00:02:57,925 --> 00:03:00,085
    Már találkoztunk.
    A gyermek életben van?

00:03:00,594 --> 00:03:03,184
    Igen, a parancsnoki hajón van.

Attached Files:

9. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I have exactly the same effect
    Such a wink ...
    But for me it is unique - it does not repeat itself ...
    I am trying to record it and so far to no avail .....

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

quick rundown on movies tested

Alita DV/DA no issues to 10 mins Z9X info shows 12 bit HDR10+ Pana Z1000 info shows DV DA
    HDR10+/DA No issues to 20 min Z9X info shows 10 bit HDR10+ Pana Z1000 info shows HDR10+ DA HUGE improvement over .80 for both on this file DVHE 07.06

Aquaman DV/DA no issues to 15 mins " " 12 bit DV " "" '" DV DA TS file i had for texting( will make an ?MKV DVHE 04.06

Fifth Element DV/DA no issues to 10 mins " "" ' " " " DVHE 07.06 Played full movie tonight got 3 very minor pauses towards end ,thou movie was stop started for dinner and didnt lose synch etc ,but first ful movie watched so far

LOTR 1 DV/DA no issues to 15 mins " '" '' "" "" (needs full test i think cos of file creation } " '"

LOTR 3 DV/DA lost synch before 30 mins think these double disc ones will all have issues\

Tremors DV no issues to 10 mins "" "" '' "" " ''

Flash Gordon DV/5.1 no issues to 15 mins "" 12 bit DV 5.1 "" DV " "

Matrix DV/DA no issues to 1hr 17min "" 12 bit DV "" DV DA " ''

Mel random movie Tomb Raider ,ran thru Makemkv
    as above no issues

also tested DV HDR10+ and HLG tv epis and all still working fine

now we just need a decent one click Fel to Mel system, thou i was wondering. can anyone remeber which program (DVDFAB ?) made the original 2 track DV rips ie a 2160p and a 1080p containing the DV info

now that Makemkv can mux those 2 files back to a single one ,maybe that would be the quick solid way to do Fel files

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    SandorM likes this.
  11. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Does this one seem like a good update, i sat out the last one and stayed on - 66
    If it wasn't for the roll back procedure, i wouldn't hesitate.

Thanks for your time

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

definitly a good update specially if you have a bunch of Mel DV movies waiting for this fix to go watch :)

13. maglione

maglione Member

Good job, men, thats exactly the same problem to my.

14. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Subtitle problems not fixed, additional I face stutters when streaming over SMB from NAS (never faced them before, bandwith 600MBit/s tested), buffer problem?????

Subtitles work flawless in ZDMC, still a shame for Zidoo Native Player, when are you going to fix this, I use subtitles in 80% of times.........

15. So tried this new version out. But still have stuttering issues over wired SMB gog network..

With this firmware and previous beta, I can't play any 1080p/atmos or 4k atmos titles without stuttering thru out movie.. At random times..

I have even tested with jellyfish demon files..
    Barely get 140mMbs to play smooth, and anything over that no go without stuttering..

with my same wires and network, on my z9s, and same files I can play right upto 400Mbs jellyfish files perfect over SMB.

These new players are barley able to handle Blu-ray backups.. WTH.

Something is a bottle neck in these players.. I hope it's just firmware.. I purchased 3 of these players for house and am very frustrated as I can't okay any file without stutter random times..

Again same network, cables etc z9s okayed all files with ease

16. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Ooooh that’s very bad. Thanks for sharing. My playback is all through SMB/gigaLAN. I am skipping this FW....

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

mines streaming everything via smb
    now that Mel DVDA files stuttering is fixed i have no issues

honestly dont know whats wrong with your Z9x ? box but it is definitly not normal , otherwise this forum would be full of that issue ( again ignoring the issue we had b4 .85 with DV DA movies stuttering)
    if you look a page or so earlier i listed all the movies ive tested and times ,so far ,for the .85 patch
    also watched full 2160p epis of The Madalorean in DV , The expanse in HDR10+ and another His Dark Materials ? in HLG ALL with zero stuttering or lag

have you tried swapping to the wifi and testing
    also run speed test from chrome to speedtest sites and see what the speeds are
    go to browser on z9x search adsl speed test run one from browser

mine did 78m down 20m up 78m down is lil slower than my pc gets but wasnt using my normal speed test site just first one i came to normally test very close to my 100M down max

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Got it.

But like most people here, we can't reproduce it. I think it has about with your video files. The player got the wrong time information at some time point

19. Maybe I'll try a factory reset...

can you try these jelly fish files..
    and see how high you can go once you get a stutter over SMB.. wired..

thanks..

https://jell.yfish.us/

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

started to but 10 hrs to dl the 400mps one ,i gave up :p

howd speedtest go for you did you try that ?
    giga lan should hit 110 120M a sec at max,thereabouts