Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Eventually the Eversolo hype will calm down, specially since they already have A8 released. There are only so many music products people can buy. Hopefully the company will refocus on the media players, fix bugs etc. I would like them to support FTP playback like Infuse does as it's more stable across various OS's and a lot faster.

It would be nice to have a Dune 4K Duo like model but with 4 HDD bays so people with network issues don't need to worry about slow speeds messing up their playback.

cbnbmore likes this.
  2. Use nfs ist much faster and whit my nas synology rs3617xsplus I can run 4 zidoo ad the same time never had a problem. I don't have problems whit me uhd5000 it runs perfectly

Racer X likes this.
  3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You’re lucky. Keep on that setting.

4. Azrael

Azrael Member

So today i tried something new today, if i turn the projector on first and really let it boot, after turning on the processor and the Zidoo it retains the locked 4K23hz.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Which firmware are you using?

6. Azrael

Azrael Member

7. Markswift2003

Ok - so the custom EDID retaining settings was fixed in .60 but it reverted in .75 and then was fixed again in .80 (internal beta).

Hopefully it won't revert again in the next public release...

But whether you use a custom EDID or the EDID from your sinks (amp and display), it needs to be active before the source boots or the source won't know how to behave.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i had .80 for a few weeks mark ,and the edid loss was still happening on it

9. Markswift2003

Really?

Thanks - will test..

dr4go likes this.
  10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Ok so what is the correct boot cycle for Zidoo, TV and AVR?

11. Markswift2003

If you don't use any kind of EDID management (custom EDID in the Zidoo or an HDFury for example) then:

TV first (establishes display EDID)

then amp (TV EDID is combined with amp EDID and amp audio modes are added)

and finally the source (so combined display and audio modes are available and the source knows what it can do)

gymnos and blenky like this.
  12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

my z9x pro is always on
    i just tell echo to turn on living room ..that turns on tv which turns on amp and all the lighting .still get the edid loss , its happens usually after watching one thing then moving to next one

Thou i have also seen it if zidoo was off and turned on and it will lose edid ,totally random

ive just changed from forced 24hz to the 23hz to see how it effects my no stutter or pauses playback ie no forced hdmi handshake for each item

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Same issue here. it freezes, then crashes so badly the whole box shuts down. this happens if I press buttons while it's frozen.

14. Nicholas Hewitt

yeah especially seeing as there are 20-30 different releases of Blu-rays every week! do you not look at bluray.com? for movies, 1 out of 10 new movies won't see a Blu-ray release. and you're saying it's dying?

KJC likes this.
  15. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

Just looking at the numbers. Think what you want and I said declining not dead. Blu-ray and DVD sales declined from 4.7 billion in 2017 to 1.5 billion in 2022. 4k sales have actually increased but still a small piece of the total blu-ray and DVD sales. Let’s look at streaming…..43 billion 2023. Hmmm I’d say streaming is doing a little better. ;)

16. xskip

xskip Active Member

o, hi, you are still here? so you did not trash your free zidoo player? OK.
    welcome back.
    few days ago: "Their company will go out of business cause they ripped off all their loyal customers and left them with a useless overpriced pathetic excuse for a media box Farewell Zidoo! you will not be missed."
    :rolleyes:

geebolt likes this.
  17. Nicholas Hewitt

I didn't compare it to streaming... in fact, I didn't say anything about streaming. comparing it to streaming makes no sense. Blurays are for people who want quality. Also could be said the same about the eversolo that you think is doing better. There are many music streaming apps yet people who want quality will buy the Eversolo which is a tiny fraction of the size of the Bluray market so your argument is just hot air for the sake of arguing.

18. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

No arguments here, just trying to have conversation. I’m totally for physical media. I was just trying to show how physical media sales are shrinking and being replaced by streaming in a similar way as to what happened in the audio market. Sure you can still buy cds and even lps today just as you can buy blu-rays.
    I never said anything about Eversolo compared to blu-rays. I mentioned Eversolo as a product also made by Zidoo that is focused on music streaming that is taking a lot of Zidoo’s resources as they are growing in sales. What I’d like to see is a physical media streamer that also had a really good video streaming capability not just a throw in add on app that’s not even designed to run with that player. Perhaps an audio/video version of the Eversolo that was focused on both audio and video.

misichavichus and vddan like this.
  19. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

does your tv have an eco mode that might be on ( slow start)

20. Kalamoony

Kalamoony Member

Any news about new Firmware release for Z2000 Pro ?

gymnos likes this.