Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Looks like your Zidoo has not enough free space to save the DB of scanned media... How many drives do you have? How many free space there is on each drive? How your Poster Wall app is configured to where to store the DBs, posters and so on? Or maybe even Zidoo has no write permission at the connected drives (not sure if this can happen).

2. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

I turn mine off at night because leaving it on was leading to black screen issues when starting a video, it would never start, even in third party apps like youtube the decoder just stopped initialising until I rebooted. nightly reboots and now it doesn't happen and I can switch apps freely. I guess I could automate a nightly reboot at 3am or something via ADB , that could work and be less intrusive.

However, I think that might have just been because I am using a mix of apps rather than just the default player, perhaps some minor process locking bug or something that the default player gets around but third party apps can trigger (they don't sell these boxes to play youtube, so I assume that it isn't going to be a priority)

As for disk scanning delay when turning on the device, I use ZDMC with the database stored on my NAS, but I do have an internal disk which holds recent content, though again that is mapped in ZDMC not HT4 so it likely behaves differently on launch as I havent had any delays "waiting for the disk" after turning it on. I dont like HT4 or the way it handles libraries and limits customisability so ZDMC is perfect for me even if it rarely gets an update because I know how to work with Kodi skins and customisation.

3. KJC

KJC Member

This might be because you're using the Aerial view app with Z9X and not with Z9X pro, right?

Reinstalling the app wont fix this issue.

Factory resetting the Z9X pro would help?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  4. KJC

KJC Member

Done factory reset and I lost all the settings and apps still Aerial App wont work.

5. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

You know, it scares me how little I know, the older I get. Well, I should have plenty of space on my HDD's. There are 3 of them. The smallest still has 465GB of space, the other two are both 14TB, one has about 1.8TB space left, the other is new and still has about 12TB of space.
    I have no idea about configuring the Poster Wall app. I just left the settings at default.

6. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I don't even know what ZDMC is. I'm starting to see that the Zidoo is not your standard plug and play device. There's a lot of configuring to do. Luckily I enjoy stuff like this, but I've got to find a how-to source of info. This forum is too much "what to do" without explaining how. Thanks for the response. I'm getting there.

7. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

On a separate note, I noticed that between 12:00 and 12:59, the display shows 00 instead of 12. Is that normal? It shows 11:xx and it shows 01:xx, but 12 displays as 00:xx.

Also, when I exit a movie, it goes back to the title screen (that's what I call it, anyway) then goes black for about 2-3 seconds, then the title screen comes back. Is that normal? If not, is there a setting to get rid of the black screen?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    gymnos likes this.
  8. Faceman2k24

That black screen is likely a HDMI handshake interruption due to the HDMI format or framerate changing from 23/24 to 60 or the bit depth changing, or chroma chaning, or HDR mode switching etc., I used to get it all the time with an Nvidia shield too and some TVs and receivers and other parts in the signal chain make it worse than others, some swtich very quick, some very slow, some almost seamless, but it's always there.

You might be able to get rid of it in most cases if your TV supports LLDV but that forces you to convert everything to DV via VS10, meaning fewer format changes and HDMI handshake delays. you might not want to do if you like having different TV picture settings for each format like I do.

ZDMC is a Zidoo optimised fork of the popular and infinitely customisable Kodi player, it handles library management and metadata much better than the built in player and has customisable skins, plugins, scripts, an API etc etc. it takes some tweaking and knowledge to get set up just the way you like it.

12xx displaying as 00xx is common for a clock at midnight, perhaps there is a bug that makes it show 00 when it shouldn't (common programming bug when converting 24hr and 12hour time!) or maybe you have a time zone offset and it thinks mid-day is midnight? I cant see my screen as its in a rack but I'll have a look tonight if I can.

9. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Thanks for the response, Faceman. Much appreciated. Ok, I have the "Z" set to 3840x2160 60fps (Auto), so since just about everything I watch is 23/24 fps, that will cause the black screen? Should I change it to 23fps?
    My tv does not support DV so I have it set to Player. I have used Auto and just switched to DV S10 or whatever it's called, should I switch it to HDR10? I really like to have everything working, including audio, without constantly changing settings. So I guess I'll experiment with 3840x2160 23fps, and set color at HDR10 and see what happens.
    Yeah I think I'll stay away from ZDMC, for now anyway, I'm not big on skins and customization, I just want to see the movie. Thanks again. I'll report back tomorrow.

10. Faceman2k24

If you don't mind the menus being a bit sluggish when running the OS at 24 rather than 60 that will eliminate one of the reasons for a screen blackout. when you finish a film or drop out of it the Zidoo switches from 23.976 (most common media framerate, 24.00 is actually rare) to 60 and your TV will blank out to re-sync that change, so you can eliminate that. but if you watch a 25, 29 or 30fps file like an older TV show it will still have to do a switch for those, but most "prestige" TV shows these days are all 23.976 anyway.

It will always still do it for the various HDR formats though, so you'll have to experiment to find the best option there. setting it to force HDR10 for everything (menus will look a bit weird) will minimise switching further, rather than using Auto which will always result in switches between the SDR menus and HDR video content.

One day it will be possible for HDMI to do seamless frame rate transitions, it technically already does (VRR/Freesync) but it isn't used in this way.. yet.

11. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

OK, thanks for explaining it so simply, bro. Too many times guys here will try to help and throw acronyms and phrases at me that I have no idea what they're talking about (VRR/Freesync for example, hehehheh)...

btw, the few times that I have tried setting it to 23fps, I lose the ability to set it back to 60fps, the option is no longer on the list. I don't know what I do to bring it back but it eventually comes back.

12. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Pretty sure I have it set to 12hours, and time zone is correct at EST. Oh well, it's not a deal breaker, just wanted to make sure this thing isn't gonna freak out on me eventually.

13. KJC

KJC Member

Noticed sound stutter in many of the E-AC3 audio files. Is there any fix to this?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Again, not had any issue with E-AC3.

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

eac3s play fine for me too

16. KJC

KJC Member

The same files play fine with ZDMC.
    What might be causing this with the Zidoo player?

Its not with all the E-AC3 files...Need to fix this....Where can I report this sound stutter issue?

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

maybe chop out a 5 10 min piece of the video file and post it here on mega link so others can test make sure its a file thats playing up ..ie no point posting a working part :)

usualy when certain files only are playing up,its cos something went/was done ,wrong in the file creation

18. KJC

KJC Member

Can anyone please try "Aerial View" app with Z9X Pro with local storage?
    (storing the .mov files in HDD)
    Its works fine if I stream online but locally saved files aren't working.
    Some users suggested that its working on their older Z9X device. I'm wondering why its not working with pro model.

"Badly need this app to work with my Z9X pro."

19. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

So... Another 3 months are passing since releasing the beta v1.0.75. With this enormous speed rate of "avalanche" of firmware releases... we will all first retire before Z9X Pro will be bug free as the old Z9X... :-(

20. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

I have 3 Zidoo units a Z9X a Z10pro and the Turkey that's the Z20pro it's still a machine that should have not been released to the general public. So much time has gone by and nothing not a word just it will be soon ?? It's not fit for purpose I am now going to get rid of all 3 of them.Yes I have the Dune 8k is it better ? For me god yes it does all I want I have no issues of any kind but nothing is 100% perfect but picture wise it's better for Me.
    Zidoo seem to have lost its way and I don't see a future for the new range Some people will love Zidoo no matter what and have faith for me 9 months to have a product work as sold it's just plain wrong. I have had all most every media player you can think of but this is by far the worst product support Ever.I will sick to the Dune for now Good Luck waiting for the Firmware that sorts all your problems!!!