Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. I use the audio offset from the receiver or tv

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's a bug. Not sure if it's a reversion or not, but I've reported it.

burton likes this.
  3. theory

theory New Member

Not sure why I didn't do this earlier, but I finally installed the apk for the Aerial Views screensaver app. It allows you to play the high-res Apple TV screensavers among other things. It's very customizable in that you can either stream the screensavers from their source or you can put them on an SMB share. Of course, you can also put images and other videos in that share if you want to. You can also customize overlays and it will shuffle them unlike the very simple default screensaver provided by Zidoo.

Here is a link to the apk -- githubDOTcom/theothernt/AerialViews/releases
    Here are the default videos -- aerial-videosDOTnetlifyDOTapp/

4. zozo510

zozo510 New Member

Hello, I would like to know please if the next Z9Xpro firmware will have an operating improvement for 3D, because with certain video projectors, there is no activation possible, unlike the Z9X where 3D works 100% with all media, THANKS

5. Nate Mac

Nate Mac New Member

I’m new at this but I had to launch a 3D movie, then go into the on-screen menu -> Advanced -> Force 3D TV (ON). After I did that, all my 3D movies worked, otherwise it just played 2D. I’m use all mkv disc rips for my 3D

6. zozo510

zozo510 New Member

This solution with 3D ISO does not work with my projector, no activation.

7. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I think I've discovered the source of my nightmare experience with the Zidoo Z9X. Three of my HDD's are ancient, still working but apparently on their last legs. After transferring all of my movies to my new 14TB HDD's, and keeping the ones on my 2TB SSD, almost all of my problems have stopped. I no longer lose the audio signal to my L/R mains and subs, for example, and all movies except a few play flawlessly.

The ones causing problems are 2 of The Expendables, where the sound cuts off and the screen goes black at exactly the same point about 2 minutes into the movie, the other one about 5 minutes in, so I'm guessing it's the actual file that's defective. I'm gonna re-rip the problem ones and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: I went back to test more movies, and now NOTHING plays!!! No sound, freezing, this is friggin' unbelievable. Even movies that never gave me any problems won't even play for 5 seconds before the sound goes out or it pauses or freezes completely. Dune, here I comez.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Staff49 likes this.
  8. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I used to have Zidoo freezing on me every so often. Now I shut it down after I play the movie. When it reboots, I never had a freeze now.

I usually only watch one whole movie a day so it's not a problem. The only time it would freeze is if I had partial movie watched and then came back the next day to play it. But now with a reboot, it starts from fresh.

9. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I don't think there's anything anybody can suggest that I haven't already tried. Right now the audio cuts out literally seconds after I start a movie. I can pause til the cows come home and the audio immediately drops out again. I mean, the Shield has been a major pain in the ass for me but even that doesn't even come close to the headaches the zidoo has caused me. The Dune comes Friday. If I STILL have the same problems I'll let you all know so you can mock me unto death.

EDIT: Oh, wait...tc2007? It's YOU!!! YOU who sent me down this hellhole of grief!!! I rue the day you first uttered the word zidoo to me over on AV Forum!!!! :mad::confused::(;);)

tc2007 likes this.
  10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

As long as they don't forget the posterwall refresh issue... :D

11. Markswift2003

Don't get your hopes up...

Staff49 likes this.
  12. KJC

KJC Member

What's wrong with Zidoo team?
    Why aren't they able to fix the posterwall refresh issue?
    Just a few months back they acknowledged and agreed to fixed the issue.

13. Markswift2003

I really have no idea at the moment - there were a lot of fixes promised at the end of last year that haven't come to fruition.

cbnbmore likes this.
  14. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

My guess is there is no motivation for Zidoo to put a lot of effort or money into fixing things for a fading demand. Most likely the media player focus has been shifted to the Eversolo lineup. Time to face the facts. Physical media is dying and the main purposes of media players is to organize and play your content that you have acquired. Streaming has taken over and media players make lousy servers for streaming. I don’t like it but the buying public speaks with $. Why do you think there are no more physical media players coming out other than cheap replacement players. OPPO is gone and Sony and Panasonic haven’t brought out anything new for a while. Redbox has just about disappeared. Streaming services have movies available weeks before they release them on physical media if they do so at all. The writing is on the wall…..

KJC likes this.
  15. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Looks like the hardware problems. Get the replacement.

16. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Vinyl LP's were dead too....for a while. People are getting sick and tired of streaming services constantly raising prices while deleting favorite shows and movies. The worm shall turn.

17. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Will do!

18. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Here's another interesting development. I moved "The Expendables" to my SSD drive, and now it plays perfectly. I still have 473GB's of space left. Most of the movies on my 2 14TB drives are playing ok, as I come across a bum file I'll move it to the SSD. Hopefully all of my constant updates will help others with the same problems I've had.

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It’s a common issue that NAS doesn’t run so fast as expected!!

20. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

I still have my Betamax!!!

Markswift2003 likes this.