Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 31, 2021.

1. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

it is also evidence that it does effect folks. But the solution to tell folks not to respond to someone making a political statement because this is not the place for it seems to ignore the source.

leonkoum and loremo4492 like this.
  2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Well I'm happy with my Avatar Mr Cat aka Timothy, a loving super cat of the 1970's. Not that he would wear the accoutrements. I had no idea who the politicians was/is and in fine Australian tradition we are not proud of any of our politicians ever!!! I suspect there is a bit of Vulcan in our makeup!

muha, DELUCAS and sojer2005 like this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

My ref was the ones with the other funny comments / remarks i dont even know who the political leader is or stands for .

so lets just move on.

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I am sorry to have brought this up but a right national leader .....as an avatar, there are SOOOOOOO MANY MUCH MUCH better hungarian role models. And now it is clear that the avatar is in fact a political statement ;-) at least for me. Thank you and that's the end for me here, as some said they are here for technical discussions so am I, but there tolerance is also a two way door....when it comes to politicians......my respect for most of them is VERY limited.

I use the joker because he brings chaos into the system

TifKag and leonkoum like this.
  5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

rozel, TifKag and leonkoum like this.
  6. Armin Moesslacher

It was quite clear after the statement of the user that this political persona is his "hero" and that's why he has choosen this persona as the avatar he uses.....The "Nice monkey" is quite understandable :) a right nationalist politician is not (at least for me).

I consider it respectless so please don't ask for my "respect" for right nationalists at all, you will never get it! I am of the country of the worst of all for now at least A.H. and I just want to tell you what he did to the world and the a whole religios community despite their nationalites has to be remembered and shall never be forgotten so someone like that will never ever happen in history again! And right nationalists of all countries over the world should never gain anyones respect (at least in my understanding) and that's why I asked the user to change the avatar, he would/could have if his avatar would NOT have been a political statement........

It all started in the 30ies that one big hero (sarcasm) became the leader of many, we all know what the world looked like for quite some time.

I am also proud of my country but my heroes are poeple like Berta von Suttner, Mozart, etc etc people who really did something for their country...........sometimes in a political way yes but never by suppressing or killing others.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    Djdragon and TifKag like this.
  7. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Guys, can we go on or maybe we can rename the toppik?

8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Says the guy who started this mess :(

9. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

“Only those who go their own way cannot be overtaken by anyone!

10. Armin Moesslacher

wow the avatar can change again to right nationalists but the rest gets deleted by admin, nice, so long Zidoo!!! I also have a tolerance level which ends now, I have respect for Zidoo and their products! I even worked for a chinese company (Huawei), so political views (expressed in avatars are allowed here........). but to point them out is not...

Pls delete my profile

Since now the persona is now recited in his own words.....which were Marlon Brando ones I guess

darkeyes909 and Mabon like this.
  11. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I totally agree with you. This forum is now being used to glorify fascist dictators! @mirror - is that acceptable to the Zidoo brand?
    Let's keep ALL politics off this board, in any format, and no appeasement for invividuals please!

Acadia44, JS_racer, TifKag and 5 others like this.
  12. Acadia44

Acadia44 New Member

I agree. A number of people clearly find the Avatar used by Djdragon offensive due to it's political nature. This is not the place to be making political statements, including sneaking them in through the back door.

13. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I agree ... changing avater is the only solution

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello markswift2003,

What is Zidoo's position on the problem with avatars?

Wouldn't it be nice if it was fixed once and for all?

I personally don't care what the forum members choose

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm yet to find out.

16. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I chose the Dassault Rafale, because I like the videos of the French Aeronaval ''Chillout'' on youtube

but I hope it will not hurt the company Zidoo because the Dassault Rafale is used by India to protect its borders with China and Pakistan.

I hope I don't offend anyone :cool:

17. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I object most strongly the image of nasty neo-nazi every time I use this site, so I have left the forum!

Thanks you to all of the decent people who I have been in contact with since I've been using this site - your comments have been appreciated. Goodbye and best wishes.

18. Acadia44

Acadia44 New Member

I'm sorry, but you are totally missing the point. It may be that you are unaware, but Orbán Viktor is a deeply divisive politician in Europe who openly advocates suppression of basic human rights. Using his image as an avatar anywhere on this forum is damaging to Zidoo brand akin to using an image of Quisling/Mussolini/Mosley (take your pick). I have absolutley no objection to anyone expressing their political beliefs on forums set up for such purposes, but I strongly object to this happening on an official public forum of a brand that I respect, support and invest in. You may think this 'nonsense' and petty, but the same was once said about BLM and #MeToo. Would Zidoo tolerate avatar images on it's official forum implicitly supporting racism and misogyny?

I kindly and respectfully request that Djdragon remove this image from this forum to avoid offense and ultimately damage to the Zidoo brand.

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

upload_2022-1-4_18-9-34.png

20. Acadia44

Acadia44 New Member