All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

New section for the 1619BPD players will be put up next week.

xskip likes this.
  3. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I wish the Z9X Pro's WLAN Antennas were detachable not fixed......

4. Markswift2003

Agreed - first thing I do is open the box and whip 'em out!

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Getting a different FW version and independent releasing it for sure needs that. Being Android 11 based I expect it to be.

6. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

This may be a dumb questions but would home theater 4.0 be any different on the zidoo z9x pro? Would it be the exact same version? Is home theater made by zidoo? I actually have no idea.

7. Markswift2003

It's a different version but operationally the same if that makes sense. Yes, HT is written by Zidoo.

8. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

9. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I have never bought from Futeko. Do they ship out from the UK? I am in the US and got my Z10PRO from Amazon.

10. Markswift2003

They're about 30 miles away from me - And yes, they ship worldwide - the service is second to none.

blenky, xskip, vddan and 1 other person like this.
  11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

So will this New Chipset bring anything new or tweaked for playing back of 4K Movies on my 1080p /60 Monitor
    As no matter what settings 4K always looks washed out and dull / no Detail compared to a 1080p movie .
    Or just get a 4K Screen …..

12. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

i ordered z9x pro on taobao yesterday. It's on promotion for 200 yuan off. the equivalent of $180. I'll compare it to see if it's a worthy replacement for the version of z9x I'm using

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

wish wed start getting info on the next years new chipset ,players
    looking to get a newer model 65 oled move the 55 to the bedroom (lol) , so i will need another zidoo ,since my original z9s will then be redundant in the bedroom ( thou i could just usb drives to the pana z1000 ,then since its just tv epis i watch there

lol decisions :p
    meaning ,no point getting this minor change model since i never use HT which i think would be only place needing the extra ram etc

and yes stop dickin round with a 1080p tv to watch 4k stuff :p

14. Markswift2003

Firstly there's no reason I can think of why 4K always looks washed out or dull on a 1080p SDR display if you use VS10.

4K is generally Rec.2020 HDR and that will look washed out and grey if simply input as is to an SDR display so the display just uses SDR gamma and Rec.709 colour decoding.

If you use VS10 and don't mess with the EDID the output from the Zidoo will be Rec.709 and match the TV. We've probably talked about this before but I can't remember what the result was ;)

As for the new models, see this post:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-z9x-pro-and-z20-pro.95570/page-7#post-192064

DELUCAS likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Erm its Professional High End Monitor not a TV
    If i could find a OLED Monitor 4K at a reasonable price i would of had one years ago.
    Besides it simply wont Break down in all the Years ive had it .
    They dont Build them like they use to.

Letmein likes this.
  16. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I can't see a potential difference (in terms of sound and image quality) in getting a Z20 Pro vs Z10 Pro which I currently own. :)

17. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

I moved to the ZIDOO because my NVIDIA SHIELD'S move to Android 11 turned a perfectly functioning media player into a stuttering mess...

Needless to say, that as much as I'm experiencing upgradeitus, I will not be pre-ordering these new boxes...

18. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

yes they do, click on US flag in right upper part of the webpage.
    Not sure how your import tax part is working..

I ( netherlands) buy always my zidoo from them..

19. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

For me it was less that the Shield was getting buggy, and more that it can't do dolby vision profile 7 correctly, and the plex app on Android is by far the worst app I've ever used in my entire life.

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Updated the differences with the new models. Next to Android 11 and the additional memory and faster CPU there is reported to be an improvement in PQ when using the VS10 engine for above all downscaling HDR for SDR output. Also using the VS10 engine is easier now as it looks at the EDID for what it needs to do with the different HDR modes automatically based on the EDID capabilities for those HDR modes.

Having as setup supporting all HDR modes directly it won't make a difference but relying on the VS10 engine for (some) missing capabilities it can make a difference. This above all for downscaling HDR => SDR. I am still using an old Egreat with my 1080P 3D bedroom TV which still does a very nice job at that.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    Miguel Ramos, vddan and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.