Advice please! Amazon Music play back in 192K.

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by kyama, Nov 3, 2023.

1. kyama

kyama New Member

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm new to Eversolo DMP-A6.

How do I set up Amazon Music to play at 192K? (DMP-A6 V1.2.10, Builtin Music Service)
    Even a 192K FLAC sound source will output in 48K, and the display will show OPUS 48K.
    Also, strangely,it seems that all 44.1K sound sources are output by OPUS(not FLAC) 48K.

I have checked DMP-A6 output sample rate on my MUTEC-MC3+USB, and Bluesound Node will output correctly in 192K at the same source.
    Library audio sources on the SSD will play back correctly at 44.1K/192k by DMP-A6. SO, I'm confused.

(My DMP-A6 Setting)
    Fixed sampling rate output : Original sampling rate
    Eversolo Original sampling rate audio engine : ON
    IMG_8741.JPG

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

I’m seeing this as well. Only 48K Opus with the native app, but if I downloaded the Amazon app from the lower section of the streaming options I can get Ultra HD but only the album art shows onscreen

3. kyama

kyama New Member

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Does it mean that Built in Amazon Music Service on DMP-A6 can only output in OPUS 48K/16bit unless original source is 192K/24bit?

If so, this is too bad for me and I should return this product.

Uwe likes this.
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What it should actually do is:
    play the format of the original file. No upsample, no downsample.

5. kyama

kyama New Member

OPUS 48K is a lossy CODEC called SD class in Amazon Music and this SD class is for Amazon Music Free.
    As you see, the sound quality is Ultra HD > HD > SD in general.

I there any possibilities that Built-in Amazon Music Service (not apk) on DMP-A6 supports Ultra HD in the near future?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  6. Uwe

Uwe Member

I have the same problem with Amazon Music. Since 3 days streaming with Opus Codec. Also Gapless Playback doesn’t work. A second is missing at the beginning of a song.

What is the process for creating a service request at Eversolo?

7. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

I have both Apple Music and Amazon music UHD and I find Amazon really buggy on the DMP-A6.

The quality of the Amazon audio streaming at 192 is bewilderingly bad.

Apple Music through the app is stunning, full and detailed. Amazon is dreadful on both the app and the direct service link.

Amazon has been very slow in its performance from the start, hoped the direct service would help, but nope.

When I stream direct From phone to AirPods or in my studio they both sound fine so I have no idea why the quality is suffering so much here. It seems to be an A6 issue.

8. kyama

kyama New Member

Could you show me how you set up your DMP-A6 to play Amazon Music in 192K by Built-in Amazon Music Service?

9. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

The option just appeared after a firmware update. The streaming link takes you to the app on your device and you log in as normal. It looks better than the cast internal version, but until the audio quality is corrected it’s of little use to me.

See screenshot under streaming.

Attached Files:

10. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

Attached Files:

11. kyama

kyama New Member

Thanks a lot for your two screen shots!

However, my problem is Amazon Music play back, not Apple Music.

I have checked V1.2.05 update information, so decided to purchase DMP-A6 in order to listen Amazon Music mainly.
    And now firmware is updated to V1.2.12, but this Bulit-in Amazon Music Service on DMP-A6 is not able to play back FLAC 96K/192K UltraHD music source. All music sources are forced to OPUS 48K (Lossy SD Class).

12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Native Amazon music integration has a parsing policy issue during playback, which will be fixed in the next version. Should be within a few days.

NealeH4n likes this.
  13. kyama

kyama New Member

Oh, thank you very much!

Is this a known issue, or not? And where is the information? I could not find any official information for my issue.
    Even a Support Team member has replied to me that V1.2.12 will work fine. That's all. Of course, it does not work. So, I made this post.

Anyway, thank you again. I will contact Support Team once more.

14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Amazon provides many streams of the same track with different qualities, and wrong parsing strategies lead to selecting an unexpected stream in some cases.
    Will resolve it in next version.

Rex and Nutul like this.
  15. kyama

kyama New Member

I have confirmed that the issue reported here has been completely resolved with firmware V1.2.15.

Many thanks indeed!

16. Rex

Rex Member

Hello everyone.

First post. I received and set up my new A6 today. I experienced this issue while streaming Amazon UHD today as well.

Thankfully, I found this thread and updated my firmware again. All fixed!

What an awesome piece of kit too! Thank you!

17. mr. shr

mr. shr New Member

Hi,
    My A6 ME is running V1.2.12
    When I ask to upgrade it tells me the latest version is already installed.

How did you get to V1.2.15 please?

18. kyama

kyama New Member

19. mr. shr

mr. shr New Member

Hi thanks for the link.
    I've only had my A6 for a few days so trying to get to grips with it.

Why are the later updates not automatically available via the streamer?

I assume I need to install the update via USB flash drive?
    Does this not invalid warranty?

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Because they are BETAs

Correct

Why should it?