New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Thanks for the tips. I wish there was a separate place for TV settings for certain models of TV.

I had the same problem with my LG OLED. I had to change the HDMI range from auto to limited. The range on your device should match the black level setting on the TV (which is defaulted as Low).

2. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

This is correct, although I would add that the TV is defaulted to Low (limited range) with video sources, but if you connect a PC with an Nvidia or AMD GPU (not always with Intel GPUs, it depends on the settings) the TV should recognize it and automatically switch to full range (0-255 for 8 bit or 0-1023 for 10 bit)-

Happy I could help. It is always very important to know how things really work to get the best of our products!

3. Harold Sarmiento

Harold Sarmiento New Member

I Have problems with the firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S i have four units, all of them chrash the voice text to speech after some reproductions, the TTS services work well in earlier firmware.

4. @mirror please look into the Dolby TrueHD Downmix. Guys please vote for this problem.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I see this complain about low center channel volume popping up every so often. It's common on surround down-mix to stereo to have dialogues at low volume and explosions at really high. It's to the point that you constantly adjust volume up and down while watching to hear dialogues and not to wake up the neighbourhood ;)

The solution has been invented for a long time. I have it on Kodi in Raspberry Pi. It used to be in Settings > Audio > Center Channel Boost but now it's in OSD > Audio Settings > Downmix: Center Mix Level

Cheers :)

Boost Center Channel.jpg

6. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

That's for Kodi player, but 99.9% of all uses zidoo player.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I’m with you brother, I have Zidoo. It’s just a suggestion how to make it better.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i guess i'm in the 0.01% category,. hmm.. the option is missing in ZDMC .

edit. yah. its on lea build. ZDMC is still on 17.6

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Won’t do any good for us even after ZDMC goes up a notch. It needs to be implemented into Zidoo player. Kodi player is useless with this chipset. Skipping frames never stop.

10. Stephane

Stephane New Member

Hi,

There is a bug with HDMI Range. My setting is AUTO. (ok)

In "video information" visible with menu in Zidoo player :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Item "Color range" = Limited or Full. For many video is limited and work well.

BUG :
    Video content is coded ->
    Color range : limited -> HDMI Range limited (OK)
    Color range : full -> HDMI Range is not full (bug !!). The video is too bright and not contrast.

TEST with Games of throne S07 4K. (https://uptobox.com/9i1trql0d5j9)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  11. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

In order for full HDMI range to work you need to set the “black level” on your TV to High. Movies are not encoded for HDMI Full. HDMI full is used when connecting your TV to a computer.

12. Stephane

Stephane New Member

Ok HDMI Range is setting "limited" for TV. I agree with you, this is another subject. (for me, my setting is AUTO)

But i have a problem only with Game Of Throne S07 UHD, because content is encoded with Color range = full (Information video). The others video is ok.
    I think "color range" in information video is important for decoding. It's not optional because VLC v3.x PC Windows played this correctly.

13. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, I don't know where you got that GoT content, but whoever did the encoding did things wrong. My first suggestion would be to get (or even better buy) an official release of GoT, which I'm sure won't have this kind of issue.
    Now, if you really want to watch that content (which I repeat has wrong encoding, so who knows what else isn't correct in that content), you should set both your TV and Zidoo on HDMI Full. There's no other solution and there's nothing wrong going on with the Zidoo.

I'm sure you will be saying that HDMI Auto doesn't work properly, but actually it is, because when you switch on the TV the Zidoo recognizes that the HDMI EDID coming from the TV is "limited" and sets correctly. Once it's set it doesn't change till next time...that's normal. If you need to change, you have to force manually (on both source and TV)...and remember to set back both to "limited" when you need to play proper video content.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo HDMI range Auto sets full range for my LG OLED TV. I have to keep it in manual Limited. Not a deal braker.

15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Yes, that can happen, depending on how the HDMI EDID gets "translated"....that's why I also keep the HDMI setting always on "limited"....it's the only way to be sure the video content will be played as it should (apart from the random case described above by Stephane)

16. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I just bought myself a new receiver (Anthem MRX720, 4K HDR, ATMOS ,DTS-X support). I tried to play ATMOS movies or test clips. It doesn't show "Dolby Atmos" on the receiver's display. It shows only TrueHD 3/4 (3/4 means 7 channels). Anyone else experience this with other receivers (other make and model)?

P.S. Anthem should displays "Dolby Atmos" while playing ATMOS tracks. I already asked Anthem support. He said the unit will display whatever sound it receive. That means the receiver doesn't get a PROPER ATMOS signal that might caused by Zidoo.

17. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Do you have an ATMOS speaker set connected to your Anthem? Or is it a 7.1 system? Because if the Anthem recognized a 7.1 speaker system connected during the ARC calibration, I think it won't enable the "object-based" decoding flag.
    I have a Yamaha Aventage processor and I can assure you that the Zidoo has no problem with the Atmos or DTS:X pass-through (HDMI RAW) with my 7.1.2 speaker system....but if I had a 7.1 configuration it would act just like your Anthem.

P.S. On Yamaha you can force the "Object-based" flag also if you don't have a proper speaker configuration connected and you will see "ATMOS or DTS:X" on the display....maybe it's the same with Anthem? (sorry but I don't remember, you should read the manual). Let me say that if you don't have an Atmos /DTS:X speaker system, I would just leave it this way, to avoid any possibile dowmix failure during the decoding.

18. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

No ATMOS speakers whatsoever. I have just 5.1 setup. I used ARC calibration as well. Anthem support guy said that it's up to the source to determine what signal is being sent. If the source sends the PROPER ATMOS signal, the receiver should display "Dolby Atmos" no matter what kind of system I have. It will eventually get decode to suit my system. He wants me to borrow a blu-ray player and ATMOS disc and try if it works.

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I'm actually not so sure of that...but I could be wrong. But I really don't see the problem, since you have a 5.1 speaker system. Who cares to see "ATMOS or DTS;X" on the display if you don't have an "object-based" system... It's even better this way so you're sure your Anthem is decoding just the 5.1 core of the tracks without any possibile downmix processing.

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

@Theeraphon
    There's something else you could try: you should disable the HDMI CEC function in the Advanced Settings of the Zidoo. I recall having problems with older FWs when I wanted to play lossless tracks with CEC controls enabled. Maybe it has already been fixed with the newest FWs... but it's worth trying ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.