New firmware v2.0.34 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Answer to your last question is no.

Movd is right.

Pls read this article and look for the realtek 1295 chip.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Android_hardware#cite_note-Open-source_violator-1

Stop talking about Original kodi for your box, it wil not work properly.

Lets all go back to stuttering video, frame drops, wrong output ect with zidoo player.
    We all need to keep on banging to the heads of those zodoo`s programmers to fix our problems.:)

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Valid point, however as the article stated software/ CPU decoding depends on file type and CPU processing power. Those are HD resolution only, h.264, 24fps, medium bandwidth streams and quad core CPU should be able decode without skipped frames.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Skipped frames.

Gentlemen, while we are all patiently waiting for the new firmware I'l like to pick up on the skipped frames topic again since nobody answered the question if the generic Kodi is working OK with Zidoo box.

I know I'm going to get blasted by @Ekul ;) but what a heck, lets get to the bottom of if if anybody is interested.

I made a short video of Web-Dl movie. I should have pick something brighter, too late now. It's not easy to see single skipped frame from processed Youtube video even at slow motion on computer screen. Skipped frame happens about a second in advance of counter increasing and about 2 seconds in advance in slow motion. Those processor info screens are pulled up by "O" key on the keyboard ZDMC (Kodi) player only and Shift+CTRL+O for advanced and skip counter. You can see on the processor info screens it is working in software mode. This eliminates all hardware video compatibility issues pointed out in the Kodi article from above post by @Ekul.

Zidoo X9S has Realtek RTD1295 chip that is based on quad core Cortex A53 processor operating @ 600 MHz to 1.4 GHz.
    This happens to be identical to my latest Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with Broadcom BCM2837B0 with identical CPU quad core Cortex A53 processor operating @ 1.4 GHz. I can disable all hardware acceleration on Raspberry Pi and play the same move without a glitch or skip counter advancing. CPU load during the same movie is similar 40 to 80% on both systems.

What is the problem with Zidoo? Mirror, can you comment on the skipped frames issue? ZDMC was developed with 2 hardware acceleration options:
    1. MediaCodec (Surface)
    2. MediaCodec
    Any hardware acceleration option selected or both disabled results skipped frames.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying or asking to focus on ZDMC player development. Zidoo player has to have first priority. It just would be nice to have a back up player in case we run into issues with some odd videos or audio files like right now stutter issue with Web-Dl and Zidoo player.
    As it stands right now with those skipped frames ZDMC player is totally useless and you can't play Web-Dl files without issues on Zidoo X9S box at all with latest firmware v2.0.34 :(

Can anybody with generic Kodi on Zidoo box perform this test and report back? Do you see skipped frames counter advancing on 1080p HD video 23.978fps using software or hardware decoding with plain Android version of Kodi?

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Correct if im wrong but is that slow motion part of the movie or thats what your experiencing ?
    As if so thats bad .

Im still on 2.0.25 and playback is fine
    All my movies are 1080p / 24 and stored using internal Samsung Ssd drive .
    Movie size ranging from 3gb - 10gb
    Most apps are removed of my X10 so bare minimum just to run
    and Google Play is next to be removed from unit .
    I so call defrag o/s and shut down and unplug from mains now and then .

Using professional Plasma Monitor and viewing using H.T.v2 via Yamaha Receiver
    And Pearl Hdmi 2.0 high bandwith cable .

Just my two cents thrown in if it helps .

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The issue shown in video is only related to ZDMC (Kodi) player.
    If you use regular play button from HT or ZDMC you will be in Zidoo player not related to described issue.

The video was captured using 120fps phone camera. Playback speed was adjusted in video editing software to half the speed somewhere in the middle of it. It is 60fps as YouTube video with half speed 12fps over 60Hz (60fps) video. Movie runs at normal speed on the TV without any speed related issues. The issue is only with skipping frames. Slow motion is done to expose skipped frames in video recording.

Based on your TV type and motion processing you may not see skipped frames unless you really pay attention to it. This is only using ZDMC (Kodi) player accessible from item menu “Play using...”.

@DELUCAS do you see “Skip:” counter advancing with your cleanned up and optimized system?

6. DELUCAS

Hi not near my system but i dont use Kodi or Zdmc !
    Even though i find Kodi a more clearer and brighter picture compared to H.T.v2
    But Kodi has always been hassle audio is never 5.1 etc [ Zdmc may work better ]
    and the moment you fast forward the movie all hell breaks loose .....
    Stuttering and freezing ( 2.0.25 )

So i just stick with using H.T.v2

Sorry not much help for you :(

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

That's OK, thanks for replaying.

You are not going to see any issues unless you upgrade the firmware to 2.0.34. With this you most likely run into stutter issue explained in post #328 with files 3 to 6 GB in size.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...or-zidoo-x9s-release.10134/page-17#post-44803

Looking for alternative player to deal with the stutter you get into skipped frames in ZDMC player explained above ;)

Stick to v2.0.25 and be happy ;)

8. DELUCAS

One X10 is on v2.0.25
    And my other X10 is on v2.0.34

Fingers crossed they will release a new update soon for you .
    We are due one but Music player 3.0 is coming first id imagine ?

9. @3DBuff why you calling Kodi as Plain Kodi?

10. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

ZDMC uses Kodi as a front end only. When you play a file it is passed to a external player (zidoo player). Plain Kodi refers to Kodi without any extra external player abilities. A virgin Kodi.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Correct, Kodi installed from Google Play store or from Kodi.tv web site version for Android devices.
    ZDMC has some customization with links to external player and some other possible enhancements to properly implement Zidoo hardware like audio and video acceleration.

The question is in process of doing so creating customized version of Kodi as fork named ZDMC did they effect video player in some way introducing the skipped frames issue? As I explained before I can't find a way to play good quality video files without skipped frames on ZDMC (Kodi) player no matter what options I choose. For comparison my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with identical CPU (different chipset) has absolutely no issues to play the same videos in CPU / software mode without skipped frames.

@Vageesan Sivananthan you mentioned in the past that you don't use ZDMC but Kodi instead and you don't have any issues. Can you do this quick test explained above in post #383? Use Ctrl+Shift+O to pull up decoder info. It will show skip counter on the second line. As long as you are in true 24fps over 24Hz display it will advance on skipped frames. Do you see counter advancing using Kodi like my video above?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018

12. I guess this is what you asked for @3DBuff
    It's only skipped whn the movie starts or if i disturb the movie when it's running, other thn that it's a stable play.

This video will be deleted in 24 hours..

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    3DBuff likes this.
  13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Vageesan Sivananthan tanks for taking the time to do this experiment.

Couple of things. Skipped or dropped frames will always happen if you disrupt the playback in some way like pulling up decoder info or subtitles. This is normal. During continuous playback the counters should not advance at all just like it is in your video.

I noticed that your CPU load is a lot lower compared to mine, you are running hardware surface decoder and video is only 720p resolution.
    Can you do the same test with 1080p video? Don't even have to make a video. Just let us know if the skip counter is advancing with 1080p files 4 to 6 GB 1080p?

What hardware options do you have selected under Stetting > Player?
    What Kodi version do you use?

Very interesting if this works with generic Kodi but kips on skipping on ZDMC.

IMG_0416 (640x480).jpg

14. movd

movd New Member

@3DBuff - I'm not sure if you realize, but you can install Kodi and ZDMC side by side. Why not install Kodi too so you can test?

15. Will update you..

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried to instal SDMC and Kodi on the same Zidoo box?
    There are some complications since both installations will share the same directories unless they are installed on different partitions.
    I did this on my PC. Care must be taken when upgrading or removing any parts.

17. movd

movd New Member

On my Nvidia Shield, I have Kodi, SPMC, and MrMC all installed and they don't mess with each other. I'm new to the Zidoo, but I do have ZDMC and Kodi both installed. I do not have any libraries set up on either since I've mainly been using HT2.0.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

HT 2.0 is number 1.
    ZDMC is preferred choice right behind HT since it runs Zidoo player for 4k HDR and 3D frame packing with top audio formats . Firmware 2.0.34 introduced stutter issue to Zidoo player and that's why I'm looking for alternative options. Don't want to mess up my ZDMC installation. If anybody tells me Kodi works without skipped frames I'm definitely loading Kodi even night build if this is going to help. You are correct @movd. Don't need to set up libraries. The odd video could be played from Kodi file explorer when needed.

19. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Come on, just make a back-up of your .kodi file.
    Install:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...a-18-with-zidooplayer.5511/page-10#post-45087

Its the latest beta version.

Write the .kodi backup to this one.
    Now tick or untick external player and test yourself.

If you want hdmi audio Pass-Through and smooth playback just forget it!!

Its the same if i keep crying about the fact my Prius wont go as fast as Hamilton in his F1 Mercedes, because somebody told me it could.

Just wait for the next firmware.
    For now go back to zidoo player and help to improve those bugs.

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I did slow motion video of the stutter issue in latest version of Zidoo player. How are you helping with those bugs?
    Complaining is not helping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.