New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. monsak.zidoo.x9s

monsak.zidoo.x9s New Member

No one know status next fireware. No plan. How long bug will fixed. Not Good Communitation for information next release.

javarix likes this.
  2. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

I agree. Very disappointed with Zidoo support.
    I've raised several times the problem of the USB audio forced switch when using Airmouse equipped with voice. NO RESPONSE from Ziddo although this affects many users.
    This bug sexists for a few F/Ws.

javarix likes this.
  3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You must be new here, when it comes to TV boxes. zidoo has one of the best supports ( yes, that's sounds crazy , but its true ), DON'T expect updates every week, it takes time, usually we get a update every 2-3 months, depends on how old the box is. Spamming the forum with " box is shit, no support, no updates" every 3 days will not change that. Do they still have old bugs ? yes... And the info they post on forum about fixes they are working on is nonexistent. But that's the situation, and you have to adapt, if you can't, than android TV box is not for you. Buy a intel NUC/build a intel HTPC and be done with it :)

nikos_a and cyber7 like this.
  4. javarix

javarix Member

@HaoSs In some postings here you mention that you do not direct work for zidoo. You are the only one to answer here. At the moment this is your one man show for weeks ago. For this you do not work here but you are almost too much engaged. Also you are the only one who is here to speak. Did you get your x9s for free? And how did you become moderator here? Would really interest me now. I feel like you are a here to protect the inner circle. Where is the zidoo support that i have paid with the device? Actually we all want to finally get an answers from a zidoo coworker and not from a moderator of the constantly says here does not work for zidoo. I hope you understand. Is not now personally against you.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Sure I understand. I have 2 zidoo boxes. One i bought. One i got as review sample directly from china for witch i paid import taxes.

I probably got mod because there was a need for one, i also have some IT experience ( run a hosting company for around 4 years, mostly as a hobby because money was shit ), got my first PC 17 yers ago.
    I'm not protecting anyone, most of my answers are from direct experience with linux/android/network setup, i also pirate the shit out of everything, i run a GB network :)) i have thousands of TV shows and movies watched. And i also use the x9s allot,as a nas 24/7 and as a kodi platform every day. O do read allot when it comes to kodi tho, most info i post here related to the box is from zidoo's facebook/kodi forum and i also talk with freeroc from time to time. I don't post newsinfo that is not from a official source. I can't make them talk here, but if i find something that is related to user experience, i post it.

P.S. long story short, i try to find solutions to user problems from a user perspective, most of them are workarounds, i don't try to bail zidoo out or fix there bugs for them, i'm trying to help the user do what they planed to.

polakis and nikos_a like this.
  6. zidology

zidology New Member

That zidoo has one of the best supports is untrue! You can see this best here in the forum.
    And that will not be more and more true , by repeating constant "bla, bla,bla zidoo...best support"
    Just because at the beginning permanently new firmware updates are available, does not mean that it is a good support!
    HaoSs and Zidoo, do not make the mistake of thinking that we are stupid !!

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

That statement is true because 80% of Chinese tv box manufacturers provide 0 ( zero ) support, and 0 (zero) updates, most don't even have a forum. Zidoo still have allot to learn, and sometimes a new update fucks more thing than fixes, but it's hard to lose vs zero support. That's why you will find x9s most of the time in the top 3 recommendations on kodi forum ( depends on the users ), and if they don't know what they talking about.... no one knows.

Also, never quote me with pieces of text, putting them out of context.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  8. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

There are 3 android boxes that use RTK1295DD chipset on the market right now. They are Xtreamer, Zidoo and Zappiti 4K HDR. Doesn't matter which one you buy, you still have to wait for the fixes that they all share. The other two apart from Zidoo are quiet as well. They are probably all waiting for some advices from Realtek. The best bet is that you have to wait for another month or so for new firmware. Waiting for few months for a firmware fix is pretty common for andriod/tv boxes, like HaoSs said.

9. gacama

gacama New Member

I know the RTK1295 is a new soc, I know when a brand lauch a new mediacenter, it can have some bugs, it´s a fact, zidoo, zapitti, or dune or pch are buggy at the beggining, but here are two mayor problems.

1º the X9S is really buggy, for me, was unsuble as daily mediacenter, several bugs, important for me (maybe not for others) like blank screen on 4k, stuttering with several files, bookmarks not good (only save 1 bookmark) zdmc marks as watched files with only a few minutes of reproduction, and a few more

2º the most importan for me, there are absolutamente no guaranties that zidoo solve all this bugs, if you read theads of older models, the owners of this models, not very happy.

A brand, have to win his reputation, zidoo, at this moment, for me (totally subjetive) is not a confiable brand, time tells if I am wrong, but there is a loooooooooooot of work to make the X9S a solid rock mediaplayer

10. zidology

zidology New Member

This ist no evidence for a alleged good Zidoo support.
    Honestly, the X9s Fishcan is full of small, but nasty bugs.
    And what makes me particularly angry at the moment is, that no one from Zidoo communicates with us, for weeks! And tell me no one,
    that they from Zidoo do not have time for it!
    Who collects money from the customer for advertisment promises but can not keep it, should at least communicate with the people!

javarix likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Depends what you want your box to do, but Xtreamer eXpress does many things remarkably well despite having less features than Zidoo.
    So at least a reasonable number of flaws can't be blamed on the SDK of Realtek.

My experience is that media player makers expect the SOC supplier to iron-out flaws for them rather than fixing things themselves by own coding based on internal know-how.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  12. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

stop trolling please
    who is not pleased sell it and buy another

i tried a lot of android mp and no one is at zidoo level, nvidia shield tv probably
    all mp have a lot of bug... try zappiti brrrrr....

so on
    i haven't blank screen on 4k file, or shutter, delay.... a lot of my friends are happy with x9s
    for guaranties to solve bug no brand can guarantee to solve all bug
    oppo uhd bd player 900Euro, a lot of bug... they are working
    jvc vpr Z1 35000 euro, a lot of bug.. they are working
    popcornhour? 5 year to have a stable firmware for pchA400

x9s is a good compromise quality/price and support is working

13. zidology

zidology New Member

Yes, stop it please!
    I am not interested if your friends or you are happy or not. But still: Congratulation! Go here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...of-2017-win-one-of-zidoo-x10-x9s-and-x8.4449/
    I want that Zidoo give to me a bug free firmware for the X9s which I bought.
    And no, I do not try zappiti. Did you buy this box and were not satisfied? Hope you haven´t lost money!

javarix likes this.
  14. javarix

javarix Member

its a joke or? what you say ? the best thing about this line "who is not pleased sell it and buy another"
    Are you from zidoo? Why do you write such a thing. No real customer would write such a sentence.

If I had previously known the lot had not or only partially worked I would not have bought the x9s device.

:eek:
    and the only was trolling is youo_O @kayama728

So back to the actual. the fact is. The x9s device was advertised with functions and sold with functions which it has not or only unsatisfactory. It is now time after many weeks or months once the zidoo announces and says what is with the future from the x9s and not hiding the complete zidoo team behind a only one moderator.

:)proposal: zidoo refund the purchase price with transport for all the people that have trouble with the x9s. so it looks. I think, very many users would accept the proposal.

we all as a paying customers have right, you know there is a word:cool: for something to sell it does not or partial not have.

We are all here because the x9s does not work as it should.A support forum, no social network. Please do not misunderstand and therefore treat each other with the necessary respect and remain factual and not take everything personally @kayama728

;)very interesting link:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-x10-the-ultimate-mediaplayer-new-flagship.4521/

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Cosmi likes this.
  15. atony

atony Member

OK people wait for the update iam sure it will come ?? my x9s is also falling to pieces and I cant just even begin to say what is wrong with it because their are to many (problems) issues but I don't bark about it, if Zidoo fix these problems that will be fine and great, if not, well to bad I will just buy another box and I will tell all about Zidoo.
    so for now we all should chillout and wait for the update, whenever it shows up.
    so sit back with a cup coffee and some moonshine maybe with a gorgeous blondie chic and don't watch a movie ,make a movie. god a love my moonshine.

16. Hello I bought a Zidoo X9S new. I have some problems. I have external HD 2T usb 3.0, when I connect in usb 3.0 X9S does not identify the HD the same one works in 2.0. Another Problem when I go to see 3d iso movie, just hang and stop. Transmitting through network or hd connected in USB 2.0. And how do I make it easier for me to recognize my external HD? Help

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Make sure its only 1 partition, also try to format it GPT, i also use a 2tb hdd and works good on usb 3.0

18. zidology

zidology New Member

How long do you have to wait to get a paid device that works in fact without bugs?

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

forever. you will not find something without bugs. even windows has bugs...

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

"who is not pleased sell it and buy another" this is what I am doing for some time now, but eats up a lot of time. Which I don't care too much as it is also nice to communicate with fellow enthusiasts and help each other out.

Sold my Himedia Q10 Pro and replaced it with an Egreat A10; sold my Zidoo X9S and replaced it with a Zidoo X10; added to my Xtreamer Prodigy first a Xtreamer Prodigy 4K and next replaced that one with Xtreamer eXpress again. Since very short I am bundling Xtreamer eXpress (as central unit being also my NAS for SMB/FTP) with Egreat A10 and Zidoo X10 in a gigabit networked setup including my PC and mobile devices via W-Fi.

The good news (almost) all the things I expect a media player to do for me can now be done by this trio. The bad news each has individual flaws and/or unimplemented features so for some specific things I need to use a particular one. Most common things including KODI (in multiple flavors) and extra APP's are complimentary till a certain extend.
    Together they can finally now also do everything (better than) my good old Eminent EM7385 / Xtreamer Prodigy players used to do for me during many years. Those have been fully retired with my new setup finally. Specifically good DVD, BD-3D support and title selection where missing under Android. Also no juggling around with HDD's anymore for me as I needed to do a lot.

Regarding PQ including auto frame-rate adaption the differences are marginal on these 3 quality units, this using still standard HD TV's (1080P) for viewing. I am waiting with UHD till the price of projectors/beamers comes down as on a relative small 55 inch TV the difference is not worth the extra money to upgrade in my perception. Also high quality UHD media are not general available yet.

Bottom line Media Players are very complicated things and everybody expects different things from them, which makes it virtually impossible to make everybody happy with a particular player. But with the improved quality of today's Android based players most should be able to find a unit matching his/her expectations quite well.
    If anybody wants help with making up his mind he may P.M. me.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    jinfu and Andydigital like this.