New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

There is a lot to fix, so it takes a long time for the new firmware update. I think/hope Zidoo Team fixes a lot of the probs this time.
    Every week a little update isn't working.

javarix likes this.
  2. zidology

zidology New Member

Let´s hope so, by goodness!

javarix likes this.
  3. voopiller

voopiller New Member

updated yesterday, look like it solves the halt, hanged and loading issue in Kodi (ZDMC) while opening a video files from HDD. No more hang....yuppie

4. Bolderash

Bolderash New Member

When to expect official update, not beta?

5. olisun

olisun Member

Trying to fix a lot of bugs in one release is not the correct approach as it requires a lot of testing with the possibility of introducing more bugs.

In the meantime users lose patience and bad mouth the product (Can't blame them for that).

The most sensible approach is to fix a few bugs and release frequently. That way you have less to test and get feedback very quickly.

javarix likes this.
  6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

That was my thought also. Thing is. It cost allot more than you think to release a firmware. As in hosting and bandwidth. That's why we don't see more small fixes.

7. olisun

olisun Member

It shouldn't cost more in hosting and bandwidth as the prices have dropped considerably in the last few years and the firmwares here are very small.

Also the faster the bugs are fixed the requirement to release new firmwares regularly will also reduce.

8. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

At least I am not adding cost to your bandwidth by staying with FW 1.2.9 until I see my fix is in the new release.

If bandwidth cost is the driving factor in how often you release FW with a few fixes, may I suggest that you upload the frequent beta releases to filehosts and keep the official releases in your server. Some filehosts charges $100 - $200 for lifetime membership.

My 2 cents if thats worth anything nowadays.........

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can't add cost to my bandwidth, i don't work for zidoo man. i'm just a user like you .
    i even suggested to them torrent, but... change is hard :) and i'm small

10. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Very Disappointed.
    I have MINIX A2 and was waiting for a fix to finally be able to use it with my X9S ... the USB audio switch bug is not fixed for the last few F/Ws !!!

Everyone that has an airmouse with audio (mic) will not be able to use it with this box... as the sound is being forced to the USB port instead to the HDMI

11. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

how to change region code?
    i can't find....

12. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I hope a user can awnser your question. Any member of the Zidoo Team won't response here on questions! They never do. :(

javarix likes this.
  13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

region code for what ?

14. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

BD menu
    after update to 1.3 some users press ok too fast and they set the region code to A, how to change it to B?
    downgrade and upgrade doesn't work

15. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

You can't change region code, i'm sure it is something that Zidoo are working on.

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Most copied BD's are made region free too, but sporadically some are not. You may try the free "Blu-Ray Region Code Remover" which does a good job in most cases.
    There are other (more complex) programs that do the same combined with other features.

The need for region code setting is hence not really big, but yes a nice feature to be added.

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

from kodi forum " mirror88 Wrote:We are working with change Region code and support 3D blueray,About download subtitles we have some interesting ideas and are trying to achieve it "

" http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291943 "

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  18. gaki

gaki Member

Sad to read interesting information on Kodi forum and not on the Zidoo one ...

javarix likes this.
  19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, thinked the same thing.

javarix likes this.
  20. javarix

javarix Member

sorry but my fears are apparently true, I guess x9s can be thrown into the garbage, there is nothing more.Since weeks also nothing news.We all should change into the kodi forum. Here there is no help and nothing news for the x9s. 300 USD for 2 devices in the garbage.

monsak.zidoo.x9s likes this.