DMP-A8: Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by ammar11, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Nope, it doesn't display any album info :)

Actually the original isn't in there:

First is the 2011 remaster
    Second is live at Wembley 1974
    Third is the 50th anniversary remaster

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This I meant.
    Nothing of my interest, then... Thank you anyway. ;)

3. Jerry Bokko

Jerry Bokko New Member

Thought this was feature request not complain.
    I have fiber between switches in my home.
    At every stereo location network cables run from switch to devices. This is to prevent grounding problems at one location to affect another which can happen with copper. Figured out that grounding problem in my case was antenna problem once I bought humbuckers for cables connected to tv’s hum was gone.

please please let me copy and paste my wifi password into wifi network app. Its really really long.

yes now I did have some noise early with Roon. Had POE switch at stereo 1. One device was noisy. So dropped a standard switch fed by fiber SFP. Same time as humbucker was bought for antenna input to all TV’s.

Make sure there are no cables connected at one end and open at other. I mean, ethernet, hdmi, coaxial spdif. Optical would be fine. Have visited two people with this problem. Rega turntables too sorry love the sound but put a ground cable on the ffing thing. ;-)

Last edited: May 5, 2024
  4. Are eversolo actually looking at these feature requests and accepting/rejecting them?

There hasn't been a software update in 4 months and I haven't seen (unless I missed it) any feedback from eversolo recently.

Would really like to see additional album in the library but it all seems to be falling on deaf ears at the mo.

Miki222 likes this.
  5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

1. There are some bugs that require fixing, so the priority is there, obviously
    2. Have you made yourself an idea about how many, and how disparate, the requests are? I believe not less than a year in development would be required to implement them all. moreover many of them are just for commodity, coming from users accustomed to other device's behavior, so... you cannot make it all in, you agree, right? The A6/A8 is a streamer with its own character, and cannot become something else at a fingersnap...

6. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

I also had the same problem, also because of the TV antenna, apart from the hum, I also felt small tingling sensations when I brought the back of my hand to the housing of the devices. I then replaced the old router (not for this reason) with a much better performing and much more expensive one and the problem disappeared.
    I have an A8 and a Rega RP8 turntable and I don't have any problems, most likely because both have the number 8 in the model name :)
    What is a humbucker? English is not my native language, I searched on google and it showed me some electric guitars, so I'm not clear at all. Thank you

7. Ecki

Ecki New Member

New request: HDCD decoding

HDCD isn't a big thing anymore, but the encoding is still present even in rips of HDCD material.
    Hardware/chip sets for "original" decoding becomes more and more rare.
    AFAIK Microsoft is owner of the technique's patents and they implemented decoding (more or less) in versions of Windows Media Player.
    Which was a source of "inspiration" for other audio playing software (e.g. foobar2000 plugin) => cheap knowledge, hopefully legal.

So, yes, maybe not a big thing, but there is no up to date device that can do it!

8. Jerry Bokko

Jerry Bokko New Member

https://ancable.com/products/ground...oop Isolator is,video and cable modem signals

Am an old catv lineman, so a ground lifter might be a better term. I bought that from Amazon Canada. Company will sell direct to you also. Mine was solid and well made but bought in 2022. When you lift the ground you have to be careful you don't add RF or other noise.
    Not something you use next to a AM radio tower. Mine is in my basement and solved my Problem.
    Now have an A8 but only as a streamer. My TT is a Project Evolution 9, with Cardas cables on tone arm and from DIN connector underneath. Feeding a GoldNote PH10 XLR. Just about to hang a Hanna ML cart from it.
    Good Luck

bogdanozaurus likes this.
  9. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

Thank you. Nice TT setup :)

Jerry Bokko likes this.
  10. M0USER

M0USER New Member

Hi, brand new proud owner of DMP-A8! I love it!

But (I didn't read through the previous 11 pages for this), I would love to see a lower power state that would allow the unit to be turned on via Bluetooth rather than Wake-On-LAN.

Or is there a low power state already implemented? If so I have yet to find it anywhere in the options and documentation.

For reference, I am using this with a McIntosh Amplifier, the MA252 to be exact, with a pair of KEF R3 META speakers. And after making my first FIR file, it sounds amazing to these old ears.

Thanks kindly for your help.

11. Jerry Bokko

Jerry Bokko New Member

With feature requests the OS (Android would have to support them).
    Now for people with volume control problems are you paying attention to switches on amps for XLR to UnBalanced?

12. mikeypas

mikeypas New Member

(Realized I posted this on DMP-A6 so thought I'd post it here as I have DMP-A8)

My wish list: (iOS app version)

1) remove autocorrect in the search field. I know it’s system wide usually but there are other apps out there that seem to be able to remove the autocorrect in search field.

2) make search include matches close to what’s entered in the search field. Ie. “great gates of Kiev” returned no matches because the title is actually “great gate of Kiev”. Other apps search feature includes close matches.

3) quick way to return to main screen. Currently have to press back arrow 4 or 5 times to get back to main screen in app. (Search for a song and play it then go back to main screen)

4) import playlists! I have a bunch of playlists in Audirvāna macOS that I would love to import. Apparently the eversolo doesn’t read the .m3u files

5) ability to edit ARTIST name

6) The library UPDATE function doesn't always seem to work. Sometimes have to do rebuild which takes a lot longer.

7) having eversolo controls on the lock screen (such as pause, play , etc..)

all of these are very minor of course but I hope easily updatable in future revisions

Last edited: Today at 4:04 PM

Last edited: May 16, 2024 at 10:43 PM
  13. Jerry Bokko

Jerry Bokko New Member

Would seem that when I reset to factory defaults the A8 stayed logged into Tidal. I bought my A8, so have the store demo unit until new A8 arrives.
    Anyway you might want to log out of streaming services, then reset to factory defaults before selling.

I noticed you need to go into Apple Music settings at unit and turn up quality of music to highest setting (lossless). I did it for all listed options. Apple Music on my phone and tablet are all set to highest already so seems device specific.
    Don’t remember if I already did for Qobuz. There is a setting you would want to put on Master or confirm. Assuming you have unlimited data plan's.

We should start a FAQ here for new users

i would like to see Apple Music as app on my phone.
    The Squeeze Connect option as well, until Roon Certified.

Yes I can use Cast...find it odd some apps are there and some are not. EUL

Last edited: May 17, 2024 at 1:35 PM
  14. Are you aware of how "change requests" or as per the thread *feature requests" are handled normally? Eversolo seem to be ignorant or ambivalent to the whole thing.

Look at Innuos, they provide a portal where they disclose it from start to finish with a response to why something is rejected/declined.

https://feedback.innuos.com/b/feature-requests/

There has been no feedback and no updates in 4 months so screams abandonware :(

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it abandon-ware yet. Just be patient. Feature requests are not mandatory to be satisfied.
    You may have a point, though, about the fact that there is neither a clear YES, nor a clear NO...