New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Steftyx

Steftyx New Member

I`ve burned CD images as usual (twice FLAC and WAV) one on the SSD and one in the local storage scanned both drives =0 result
    Did the reset twice one`s hard and a second after the re-install of the A6 firmware
    Never had any problems before
    I wish I had an image(ISO) or backup
    If anyone has it please let me use it
    Because now it`s not longer a $1K streamer but a broken (cheap) phone

2. Steftyx

Steftyx New Member

Ok After a couple of hard and soft resets and data wipes, I`ve managed to re-install the 1.1.60I had on the USB (YES!)
    I`ve asked for a replacement through Amazon anyway
    What a day!

Peter Wallop likes this.
  3. octavius

octavius Member

And what are they waiting for? Now I don't understand whether he is waiting for Qobuz or someone else is waiting for their API? I still don't find it in my head why it takes forever?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Maybe it is not a priority. Don't get me wrong, I mean, maybe there are other things to be fixed / made to work properly, that are more important than a Qobuz-connect.
    Or maybe Qobuz have not yet released the API to Eversolo. You see, it's weird and annoying when you have to depend on others to get your job done... I personally hate it.

octavius likes this.
  5. Gil Fuhrer

Gil Fuhrer Member

I've been checking forums and am I mistaken to believe that Qobuz Connect isn't slated for release by Qobuz until 2nd Quarter 2024?

6. Is 1.06 and/or 1.80 typos?
    As far as I know, latest version (perhaps a beta) for the A6 is 1.2.64. I just loaded that a few days ago via usb.

As to seeing added files, did you "rescan" the library? Or, have you set it to auto "rescan"?

If your A6 powers on and you can get into the menu system, have you tried reloading the proper firmware via USB? I think this may be possible based on your post above.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

TBH I have no idea; I just got enough of these complaints and tried to think of some possible causes.

Gil Fuhrer likes this.
  8. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

Well, the usefulness of this device is currently zero for me... I bought a working device that was broken. After some update, uPnP problems occurred and have not been fixed yet. The device sees the resources or not. Sometimes he sees everything, sometimes only up to one letter. The installed 4TB M.2 drive is also sometimes not detected. Then all that remains is to restart the device. Tragedy...

9. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I am not sure if I understand your post correctly. But in case of random problems I would first uninstall that 4TB SSD. There have been reports that certain SSDs do not work correctly in the A6's slot. The simpler, slower and cheaper SSDs seem to work better. If the SSD draws too much power, that can lead to a lot of random problems.

Stopeter44 and Nutul like this.
  10. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

The disk worked fine at first... uPnP also worked... Everything happened after update.

11. surr3a1

surr3a1 New Member

What did you update to? Did you try to reset and do the update again if that is even possible?

BTW, did we understand what is the deal with these new FW versions available for download w/o any change log and what they are potentially fixing/breaking...?

12. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

uPnP stopped working after one of the official alpha updates... The disk too. So this is not a problem that occurred after installing an untested beta. I still hope that someone will finally fix what he broke.

13. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Hi @sk-victor What brand and model of SSD have you got installed in your DMP-A6?

14. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

Transcend MTE245S 4TB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4

15. Kenny46

Kenny46 New Member

New beta?
    music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.2.66/DMP-A6_R_v1.2.66_202404232005_ota-package.zip

uncola, Matild and fofocho like this.
  16. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

This is a 4th Generation device. I personally haven't tried this particular SSD card but as you read through a lot of posts on this forum regarding Gen 4 SSDs, in general these seem to be the most problematic when used inside the DMP-A6 and DMP-A6ME units. :(
    From personal experience Gen 3 SSDs seem to be the most compatible with the DMP-A6. I currently have a Gen 3 Crucial P3 4TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 2280 installed in my DMP-A6 and I haven't encountered any issues with that card yet in terms of hardware compatibility. My only current issue is the library search function on my DMP-A6 doesn't find all the albums of a select few artists when searched since my library has increased to over 33,000 tracks. I don't think this is related to the SSD, but more a possible track number issue with the operating system coding. But that's another issue which doesn't seem to be related to the multiple issues you having. :confused:

I fully appreciate that the 4TB SSD you've purchased is a reputable brand and I suspect it wasn't inexpensive either. If exchanging it for a Gen 3 unit isn't an option can I suggest purchasing an external USB3 to M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD adapter case and installing your Transcend MTE245S 4TB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 in that? Connect it to your DMP-A6 via the OTG USB port and give that a try. That way your SSD won't be directly interacting with the data buss inside the DMP-A6 which might very well be the source of your grief considering all the issues many other users have had with Gen 4 SSDs.

Monkey3017 and Robert Crawford like this.
  17. Matild

Matild New Member

Has anyone tried installing to report what's new?
    Is there maybe a LOG somewhere about that...

18. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

But before the update there was no problem... I have an M.2 NVMe to USB 3.1 adapter. I used it to copy my files from my PC to my hard drive. But after mounting the disk in DMP, it worked without any problems... until one of the updates. uPnP also worked well...

19. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

Where do you download them from?

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Isn't that the address itself?!?!?

fofocho and Robert Crawford like this.