Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:
    Turn on tv and avr, after they're fully booted, turn on the zidoo
    Go to settings>display>custom EDID
    Make sure the switch at the top is turned OFF
    Click "Save EDID" and save it to whatever folder on the ziddo you want. Most use storage>DCIM
    Then click "Load EDID". It will now show up in your list of EDID's. Select it.
    Set the switch at the top back on.

misichavichus likes this.
  2. manulover

manulover New Member

Hello friends I need help.

I have a zidoo z1000 pro and I am thinking of changing it for a zidoo z20 pro or for a zidoo z2600 with a new chip.

The z1000 pro has 2 GB of ram and the new models have 4 GB of ram.

Will I notice improvement and speed in the covers and menus?

Which of the two models, the z20 pro and the z2600, has better sound and audio for watching movies?

Thank you

3. larry47591

larry47591 New Member

I wouldn’t. Wait till firmware fixes the bugs. I bought a z9x pro and sold my old z9x. Ended up buying a z9x on eBay. The pro now sets under the older z9x not plugged in.

gymnos, Bill-Z9X and manulover like this.
  4. The only issue I have is the box wil turn on automatically wen turning off my TV and denon 8500ha mut the cec is turned off on the zidoo it's freaking me out

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

What about CEC in your AVR and TV, are they also off?

6. No they are on but my z9x wil stay off till I tel it to go on only me uhd5000 is doing this

7. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Looks like a lot of people are not happy with the Z9X pro performance....and it could be only question of time as they could definitively fix those bug issues...

What is not tolerated I think from most customers is the silence, if they will come out and say, "We are working on new FW release and we will roll it out in the xx month" customers will be happy as will know what to expect.

One thing is for sure, if they keep this customer support and silence they will lose market, the support and FW release to address issues is essential to be seen as professional caring and trustworthy brand, customer would trust spending their money on their product.

Funny that people were comparing devices such as OPPO to this one...I remember the amount of listening that their developers had the amount of FW release to address bugs even after they announced going out of business... that was exemplary and will never be forgotten.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Simple answer, no.

Longer answer - the EDID provides the capabilities of the display to the source and is not affected by any settings you make on the display.

9. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

The only thing in my Edid that is modified is multichannel LPCM support, which the TV reports as 2ch only but actually does seem to support, but that was just for when I was connected directly to the TV and was mostly just part of me tinkering with the Edid for no real reason, now I'm using the secondary HDMI to my receiver for audio and I don't know if the EDID matters when running Raw audio (theoretically it should bypass it?)

Anyway, it's all working pretty smoothly at the moment for Movies, TV shows and most music files from within ZDMC.

Still wont touch HT4. it's practically unusable.

10. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

ok, thanks. So I've saved 3 versions of edid but they're all the same? I can delete 2 of them? Also, how can one edit an EDID? When I open it in notepad I get all weird characters.

11. Markswift2003

Yes, you can delete by pressing the menu button.

An EDID is a 256byte hex file not a text file - To edit you need an EDID editing program - I use this:

https://www.deltacast.tv/products/free-software/e-edid-editor

cbnbmore likes this.
  12. theory

theory New Member

Went through Game of Thrones again and finished up over this last weekend. I ripped UHD to mkv using only MakeMKV and for the most part I didn't have any issues playing them on my Z20 Pro. Then I reached episode 3 of season 8 and if I play it with HT it causes the whole device to crash. I have to power it off and back on for the input to work again. It works fine with ZDMC, however. This is easily repeatable with this episode. Why would HT crash and ZDMC work fine?

13. Markswift2003

You must be using ZDMC's (internal) player rather than the Zidoo (external) player - different players have different tolerances for faults in files.

14. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

15. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I went to the site, gave my email info. Got emailed the link to download the software. The link didn't work, it didn't link to anything.

16. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

After reading your post, I subscribed to receive a download link, and it works. The link downloads a zipped installation file.

17. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

I think the Kramer EDID Designer is still free, it was good when I used it last.

Not sure on its HDR block support though, havent tested it.

18. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

When I mouse over the link in my email, there's no url at the bottom of the window. All the other links in the email have it.

19. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

imeDB likes this.
  20. supermood

supermood Active Member

I've written many post some month ago about zidoo and their crm (not the z9x pro and the a6 I both have here) and all I got was hate from zidoo fans. kids (best guess) surely also thinking boing is a great company because they say in every press conference' safety is the middle of everything we do and our highest priority ....' but OK at least they say something.. ;)

I have only one thing that really helps, hey it's just a movie box. family, the mountains and forest here, clean water, the sun... all much more important :)

what I still don't understand and never will is this endless mess here in the forum. this is unbelievable, to read one trillion pages maybe making own notes, still not able to get the info so ask again the 100th times something

very simple, there should be 4 fixed posts on top, content only by zidoo

1. announcements
    2. confirmed / reproduced bugs with zidoo comments only, also if it will be adresses in next update
    3. Feature requests with possibility to vote for it, only updated with new content
    4. support (maybe with also end user support posts but) cleared ones with solution one top sorted by topics, maybe hw, Picture, audio, mt4, apps...

that's really no rocket science...

I will in the meantime / sometime try to find my one post on page xx, was it 40, and read again 5 pages maybe there's an answer maybe not... maybe a solution maybe not, maybe a question maybe not, maybe I found a bug, or a missing functionality.. who knows..

Nicholas Hewitt, gymnos and imeDB like this.