EDID thread (RTD1619BPD players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Couple of ways to tackle it - assuming your TV doesn't have the ability to set HDR manually (most don't) then an HDFury device can be used to trick any HDR10 display into playing Dolby Vision natively.

Or. if you use VS10 for everything then the Dolby Vision RPU is used in the conversion to HDR10.

The easiest is to leave on Auto and let the box play everything natively.

Standard Mode is TV Led Dolby Vision, so irrelevant to you.

joey_corleone likes this.
  2. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

Les étuis Fury sont vraiment chers ! Je trouve dommage que mes films Dolby Vision ne soient lus qu'en HDR 10, Si je force le VS10 l'image sera plus vibrante qu'un simple HDR10, non ? et est-ce que ce sera plus proche du Dolby Vision original ?

3. Bosse

Bosse New Member

Hi

My problem is that i got black screen with audio when i play dv 4k files, my setup is Zidoo z9x pro to jblbar 1000 to Samsung 65" Q77C 4K QLED, the problem started when the tv updated itself the other day

4. VladNec

VladNec New Member

Hi everyone.
    I have Samsung S95C TV without DV support. Zidoo is connected via NAD T778 AVR. By default it doesn't passthrough HDR 10+ via AVR. Every time I play HDR 10+ content I see HDR10 on my TV. So I changed EDID to one that is preinstalled in Zidoo - SAMSUNG QA55Q50RA... and everything works like magic. My TV gets HDR10+ from Zidoo via NAD.

Im just curios. Is it the best EDID for my TV? Or should I download on of the EDIDs from the first post for S95C?

Thanks.

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Try to work around with several EDIDs to find the most you like it.

vddan likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Because the AVR has its own audio formats and the TV has its own video formats, it's better to use your own EDID - if you post it here I can add HDR10+ to it.

A word of warning though - if your NAD doesn't pass HDR10+ then simply adding HDR10+ to the EDID will just allow the Zidoo to provide HDR10+ but it still could be blocked by the amp - you'll see HDR10+ coming out from the Zidoo but are you sure the Samsung is receiving HDR10+?

One way to check is with this test file to see if the HDR10+ metadata is being read by the TV:

https://mega.nz/file/Yb51DRyT#RTJFmIewHaN0Mw8X565ZiMNd2w5Ic8id_AwsWf_D5WE

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

vddan likes this.
  7. VladNec

VladNec New Member

Hi
    Thanks for reply. Im pretty sure that NAD can passthrough HDR10+ because with custom EDID I can see HDR10+ logo on TV instead of HDR. And btw NAD can handle DV without problem.
    Here is my EDID, Not sure if I made it right.

Attached Files:

8. Markswift2003

That's great if it does that - it's unusual.

So here's your EDID with HDR10+ added:

https://mega.nz/file/QD4zSIDY#baVb4lPQXiwEYQwKDh6su8yQeGixFGri5l0h9Yhties

VladNec likes this.
  9. VladNec

VladNec New Member

Thank you very very much.
    Works great. Both Zidoo and TV show HDR10+

Really appreciate your help.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Awesome :)

11. Fatalius

Fatalius New Member

Tried the hdr10+ test file on my Samsung S90c and although the TV shows hdr10+ , there is almost no difference when the metadata change. When I play the same file on my Samsung phone there is a huge difference. Is there something wrong?

Edit: My bad: I had modified picture settings that made the changes almost non-existent. In the default movie or filmmaker mode there is a definite difference.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  12. salvador acedo

salvador acedo New Member

Hola me podrian ayudar con este edid lg c2 conectado a barra de sonido samsumsug 990b no sale 1080p 23,24,25 muchas gracias

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  13. Markswift2003

14. salvador acedo

salvador acedo New Member

15. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

16. Markswift2003

Yes, you can play Dolby Vision natively on a non Dolby Vision display by using a BT.2020 LLDV EDID and setting the display into its BT.2020 HDR10 mode.

Ideally you match the maximum nits for the Dolby Vision block in the EDID to the display's capabilities - since most HDR displays hit around 1000nits, the 1000nit BT.2020 EDID is a good place to start.

See PDFs attached to the first post here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...r-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/

17. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

Hello everyone, Mark I have a lot of problems with the dv on my z2000 pro with my Panasonic oleds, can you please check my edid
    I thank you in advance

18. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  19. Markswift2003

20. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

I don't understand lol
    I have a lot of problems however with HDR10, HDR10+ and especially DV.
    If for example I set the dv parameters to auto it changes by itself and it goes to lldv, or to dv vs10 etc...
    for hdr10+ if for example I watch HDR10+ content, the box remains in hdr10+ even if I then launch a 1080p file, I keep restarting my zidoo lol
    I am in version 1.0.75G.
    I have no problem with the sheild tv pro 2019, ugoos am6b plus, apple tv 4k 2022 with infuse, fire tv cube etc.
    I should have kept my dune hd pro vision 4k solo because it didn't have any problems.
    zidoo support is really non-existent fortunately there is this forum