Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. newp

newp New Member

A lot of users are traveling on this version of FW

status42 likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Member

yhea no problems for now (except resolution locking not working for gui, and VS10 option always defaulting to Auto everytime i turn it on).

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

set up player as you require
    next in settings / display save EDID then turn on forced edid and choose your prefered setup save .bin file (i saved this internally on zidoo)

This will fix most of the EDID loss issues (but not all ..it will still happen occassionally but lot better than it was in earlier f/w ) ie a known bug still not quite fixed

4. KJC

KJC Member

Tried resetting my Zidoo device but still the choppy playback's not fixed. Thought it must be TVs motion setting but I was wrong. Zidoo team definitely have shifted their focus to the some other devices. Its disappointing to see the team unable to fix the issue for so long.

5. KJC

KJC Member

Indeed! The older Z9X is a lot more better and stable.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

weird
    picture quality on my z9x pro is a step up on the already excellent z9x i have ,and zero issues with stutter or choppy playback
    I play all 720 1080 2160p tv epis via smb and all movies are usb3 HDD direct to zidoo on 4 TB hdds

ie just finished Complete iso rip for Leviathan 4k ,played perfectly start to finish
    again thou i use 24 fps not recommended 23fps

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Where do we turn off subtitles
    ive tried it in settings / display /forced subtitles off but every tv epi or movie i have to re enter menu subtitles and turn them off

8. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

@KJC I understand what you are saying. I think the media servers are a much smaller percentage of Zidoo’s sales now with the audio streamers bringing in more money to the company. It’s understandable to focus more resources as far as development on the division that’s makes them the most money. Where Zidoo used to be one of the first companies I’d recommend that no longer holds. I think it wise now to consider both R_volition and Dune as possible alternatives but video media servers are a shrinking market as fewer people are buying physical media.

KJC likes this.
  9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

In settings - 'Playback > Default language' - set 'Default subtitles' to 'off'

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

11. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That wouldn't really make heuristic sense because that icon is just to edit the widgets (of which it is of course a part).

Settings at the top are global.

Acne and AngryVirginian like this.
  13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

That is because you don't watch proper anime encodes. All the top anime releases have ass so when you look at say a sign on a street, it would normally be written in Japanese, but using ass makes it English and look like it was made that way instead of reading the translation for the sign in the bottom which looks ugly. Also, it allows better fonts to be used.

14. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

Is there any possibility now that the Chinese New Year has finished that we might see a new official firmware??

andyt1000 and blenky like this.
  15. domi80

domi80 Member

Hi i have the firmware on my zidoo z9x pro..but the bluray menu wont open if i click on it. Equalizer 3 movie. Will this be fixed? If i click on it. I get blue screen.

Attached Files:

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Zidoo players are not great with full blurays. Some work some don't. Play the film direct

17. domi80

domi80 Member

firmware before i dont have problems mate! all menu`s works great. and its nice to seen the menu`s. with making off on it etc etc. Hope this will be fixed!

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

So Equalizer 3 worked for you on last firmware?

Since the days of the Z9X I have seen zero improvement in full bluray handling. The ones that did work for me on my previous Z9X don't work on my Z9X Pro. I check a few non working ones every firmware with zero change.

It will never be fixed.

19. domi80

domi80 Member

equalizer 2 works great for me on firmware before on my zidoo z9x pro. but after firmware 1.0.75 it`s shit. frustrated!

20. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

For me menu's in blu-ray work randomly (70% work). But I rarely use them..because playing the movie directy is way faster.
    I just keep them because I like the have the blu-ray complete.

Have even the feeling that ..on the same firmware..they soemtimes play and other days not.