Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

I'll check it out later when I get home, it maybe have been the ABL kicking in on the C1. Will see if it still happens with A95L. But then again the same flicker didnt happen on other players. But will check it out.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Had to load recovery on my player just now
    Was in a weird state when i started it today (was fine when i shut it all down last night )
    it was like the EDID loss issue ,but i just couldnt go in to settings / display and change it ...would throw me out to home page or just show a broken /Display page ( stuff split all over the place)
    Trying resolution button to change from 1080 50 it was setting itself on to a 2160p 23 24 type didnt help

Lol worse part was when i did the reset button power on part ,nothing was coming up on tv ...turns out i saw a 1 took it as hdmi1 but was actually usb1 i was in hdmi 3 :p

all recovered and back working on 75 ..i was on .80 which had been working same as 75 till today

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

And there's a salutary lesson why not to use internal alpha firmwares!

Glad you got it sorted.

xskip likes this.
  4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

When you're anxious and can't wait the release of a new beta firmware, you may lose your mind and install an alpha at this unstable stage. Be cautious!!

blenky likes this.
  5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

it had been perfectly stable for like 2 weeks

6. KJC

KJC Member

Please guide me to get rid of this micro-stutter. Its getting in my nerve....really annoyed by it.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You'll have to be more descriptive. These boxes definitely do not suffer from Micro-Stutter.

Micro-stutter is widely accepted to mean a regular skipping of one frame caused by the playback framerate being wrong.

The Zidoo boxes have not suffered from micro-stutter since the old Realtek 1295 days (2017 ish) and in fact they were the only company to correct it at the time (it was me that mithered them into the ground to get an HDFury device to check it!).

Since then, all Realtek SOCs have been frame correct out of the box (as long as you have match frame rate on - I assume you have).

JackMikkers and xskip like this.
  8. KJC

KJC Member

I'm seeing occasional stuttering like skipping of frames several times while watching movies....something I had never noticed with my oppo player.

9. Markswift2003

And you have match framerate on?

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If you have match framerate on and still have a 'stutter' it may help if you provide the following

1. Provide MediaInfo output for an offending video?
    2. Provide a small sample (one to five minutes) and upload to somewhere like mega, and provide the link so other Zidoo users can download and see if get same issue?
    3. Maybe capture the issue on film and upload to YouTube?

The issue is that if other people or Zidoo can't replicate your issue it's impossible to do anything about it

11. Edworld

Edworld Member

Why not use their omega version beta 2?

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Lots of us never have the issue also

13. Markswift2003

14. KJC

KJC Member

15. Waiting for the fix since november. I hope they can fix it.

KJC likes this.
  16. newp

newp New Member

Z9X Pro
    Do I have a firmware 1.052 to update to .75 or .80? Even AFR in the ZdMC Plugin Stream Cinema does not work. I have to turn off the AFR in ZDMC. I’m quite disappointed.

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

look at page 1 of the .75 firware thread you posted this on

18. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

agree with you .Picture quality is not good . video playback has never been smooth. Something must be wrong. I am not happy spending £539 . My nvidia shield pro 2019 does a better job.