Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I suspect the interaction between Screen Scale and 95% Zoom is confusing you.

2. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

No, my confusion is around the 95% Zoom option, which you say it's Off by default and I can clearly see it as On and it was On by default. As mentioned prior, even if I set it manually back to Off, after a while it switches back to On, at least the toggle, as the image does not change in any way. So, I suspect that the option is actually Off, but for some reason the toggle shows On, as manually switching it back to Off does nothing. Hope I was clear.

3. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Again. Switched it Off a couple of minutes ago and now it's back to On. Scaling is untouched at 100%

As my initial issue is fixed now, this is more of a curiosity as in the end even if it shows as On, it's actually not, as the image is displayed correctly in full.

Attached Files:

4. Markswift2003

Just try adjusting Screen Scale, even though it's 100% - the interaction between the two settings is a bit odd.

5. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Seems I can make this behavior reproduce if I adjust scaling in any way also. I switched off the 95% Zoom toggle, went to Scaling, dropped to 99% and then set it back to 100%, and now the 95% zoom shows as active, although it's actually not.

6. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

Feature Request: When using 2.35 and GUI compression the Zidoo also compresses PNG picture files. Request there is no compressing of PNG files when in this mode of operation. I used 2.35 and GUI compression on the Zappiti Neo and it did not compress the PNG picture like the Zidoo does.

I have a 2.35 scope front projection screen and use the zoom method for scope content (2.35, 2.39, 2.40, etc.). To assist in framing I created a 3840 x 2160 with framing references.

Thumbnail version of my picture:

[​IMG]

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mmm. I changed screen scale to 99% and found that 95% Zoom Mode automatically set itself to On. I turned 95% Zoom Mode to off and saw a change to screen. I went back to screen scale and it had reset to 100%!

8. Markswift2003

Yep - that's what I mean about interactions between the two settings.

Idle hands and all that...

9. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

I did the same test and mine stayed at 99% even though I could see the image scale actually reset to full screen after turning 95% Zoom Mode off. Non-issue in the end, as with Just Scan On I should not see any issues now so I won't need to bother with them, but still bugged these two, don't seem to communicate efficiently, lol.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  10. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

I am a new user from The Netherlands and just did a firmware upgrade to firmware stated on first page. For now it’s working a lot better than firmware that was originally installed when first started the UHD5000.

Still a lot to discover…. Any tips for a first time Zidoo user (I was used to Dune HD and Zappiti, Zidoo works different and is very sensitive for the right setup choices. Also HDD discovery is not flawless, some times it’s USB drives it showed and sometimes I can only access them bij SMB as a Samba Share Folder.

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Take a close look to this thread
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...r-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/

RoyV67 likes this.
  12. NoBiluS

NoBiluS New Member

It's worrying these differences between each user for an identical FW beta...
    I hope I won't regret the sale of my z1000 pro (left today) and the arrival of the Z2600 tomorrow...
    Can you give me some idea of the benefits of installing a G version of the fw? What applications could be useful?

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

not a lot ,now these boxes are using Android TV OS

ie paid for apps like USB Audioplayer Pro dont work any more :(

Most of the issues seem to be just HT scanning or subtitle ones
    A couple ppl have more serious issues with playback ( but tbh they seem a very small minority ...most of us have no or very little issues with playback )

14. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Anyone else have random system freezes? Once in a while I hit play on a movie and the z2000 just freezes up. I have to power cycle it. Then I try the same movie again and it works fine.

It’s not super frequent but frequent enough that it is irritating.

I can’t say it is readily reproducible because it seems to happen randomly.

I already have things optimized to avoid frame rate and SDR/HDR switches as much as possible.

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I think its the EDID loss issue that zidoos been working on
    If it is ,you can usually hit Resolution button on remote wait say 5 secs repeat , wait and cycle throu til your back on a legit resolution

16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Amazon, newegg and bestbuy are the best places to get external drives I'm North America. I can usually find a 18TB for $250 Canadian. Look for the Seagate expansion drives.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I get that. I will try changing resolution as @cucnz suggests.

18. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

I also get this, sometimes it looks like resolution related and have to switch resolution but sometimes it looks like audio (Atmos/Dolby Thrue HD/ DTS X) related and have to switch HDMI Audio from auto to raw. Sometimes reboot for changes to have right effect. UHD5000 and firmware are still buggy unfortunately

19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Actually any usb hub that has its own power supply should do, just don't get a $20 or less one. I got 2 of mine off Amazon and they are made by orico

20. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

The other thing I notice is sometimes it hangs up on boot. I see “boot” followed by “hello” on the front display and then it just sits there on hello and I have to power cycle