New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Hey my tablet finally works in landscape mode after firmware and ap update. Look good so far, no issues noted. Wish they would have added Chromecast..maybe someday.

2. George’s

George’s New Member

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I thought it can deal with the replay gain tags, not that it could scan your library and rp-tag the files accordingly...

4. The Moog

The Moog Member

I don't know if this is a new bug or has always been there, but I just tried setting the XLR/RCA start-up volume at -45dB (or any setting) and it doesn't seem to work.

When the A6 boots up I can see that it has set the correct volume in the top information bar, but then at the end of the boot sequence (without touching anything) the volume graphic appears over the start screen and immediately sets the volume to -35.5dB. Any idea why my start-up setting is being overridden?

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Does it restore to -35.5 no matter what volume you specify to startup with? Or is there a correlation, say, always a (according to these values) +9.5dB relative to the volume you specify...?
    Or better, once it gets set to -35.5, and you change it, say, to -42, and switch off - on, what volume does get restored?

6. Tonny Hooijer

Tonny Hooijer New Member

Amazing update , love the new features ...
    Landscape display support for Android tablets an EQ !
    Thanx!

Eric777 likes this.
  7. The Moog

The Moog Member

Nope, it seems somewhat random! I have watched it a bit more closely on start-up, and the volume display in the top status bar always seems to start at -30dB, then switches to whatever the start-up setting I have put in, but is then overridden by the appearance of the large volume graphic to something different again.

I set the start-up volume to -45 and the volume to -45 and rebooted; started at -30, then went to -45, then the large volume graphic appeared and set the volume to -31.
    I set the start-up volume to -45 and the volume to -80 and rebooted; started at -30, then went to -45, then the large volume graphic appeared and set the volume to -62.
    I set the start-up volume to -45 and the volume to -62 and rebooted; started at -30, then went to -45, then the large volume graphic appeared and set the volume to -62.
    I set the start-up volume to -55 and the volume to -50 and rebooted; started at -30, then went to -55, then the large volume graphic appeared and set the volume to -35.5.
    I set the start-up volume to -55 and the volume to -30 and rebooted; started at -30, then went to -55, then the large volume graphic appeared and set the volume to -21.5.

Something odd going on here. I am only using Squeeze Connect, so thought that there might be some setting in LMS that is causing the volume to change when the A6 connects to the server, but I don't think that there are any start-up volume settings in LMS. Anyone else seeing this issue?

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will Sync volume from LMS

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Couldn't think of it... nice.

10. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

Unfortunately, in software 1.2.50 I still have a problem with UPnP. I don't have access to all files. As if there was some quantity limit that didn't exist before. Please give me some advice

Spizz likes this.
  11. mirror

This also happened in previous version, Occurs when there are too many directories. we reproduced it yesterday but need to fix it in the next firmware.

TheGovnah likes this.
  12. The Moog

The Moog Member

Thanks for the reply @mirror

Yes, just like other LMS players when the A6 is running it does sync volume with LMS (I can change the volume in LMS and it changes on the A6, and I can change the volume on the A6 and it changes in LMS) as expected. This still doesn't explain this odd behaviour.

For clarity, the behaviour I reported above is with me just turning the A6 on and off 5 times, one after the other, with no other LMS players turned on, and not touching any other volume controls either in LMS or on the A6. I can see during its start-up process that the A6 does set the right start-up volume, but it then this gets immediately overridden by a seemingly random other volume that isn't the start-up setting, the last used setting, or consistently some other setting.

As you would expect, the behaviour for LMS players is that the last volume change (either on the player itself or through LMS) is the one that is synced. So the A6 should turn on, set its start-up volume, and then when connecting to LMS the A6 should then set this start-up volume in LMS so that this is synced. It doesn't seem to be doing this, and keeps starting up at random and inconsistent volume levels.

13. mirror

When A6 starts, it will try to connect to LMS and synchronize the volume of LMS. We can modify the policy to not synchronize the volume when A6 first starts in the next version

14. mirror

There is no such problem when using Control APP in IOS, we will upgrade Congtrol APP in Android

TheGovnah likes this.
  15. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

I'm looking forward to it because at this point the device is no longer useful to me

16. The Moog

The Moog Member

Hi @mirror

I don't think it is doing this properly anyway, as my brief testing shows that this doesn't seem to be syncing to LMS volume consistently as this was untouched throughout (unless the A6 is changing the volume in LMS in some way when it shuts down, and this is the volume it syncs to when it starts back up?). Turning off the start-up volume setting also seems to give inconsistent results, with the A6 not starting up at the volume it was set to when turned off. There is definitely something strange going on here.

The way I would expect the A6 to behave is:
    • If no start-up volume is set on the A6, the A6 should sync to the LMS volume setting when it boots (which should be the volume the A6 was last set to before it was turned off, unless this has since been changed in LMS).
    • If the start-up volume has been set on the A6, then the A6 should set this on start-up and then sync the LMS volume setting to it.
    Both of these follow the same basic rule, which is that the last volume setting to be made is the one that is synced across the system. Does this make sense?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  17. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

This happens both through the application and by controlling it directly on the device

18. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

An update is great when it introduces something you did not know you were missing : I love the changeable shortcuts at the bottom of the screen!

as I won’t be using the eq (use Roon for the room correction) I thought the update would not bring me much as AirPlay2 for multiroom was not announced in the log.

loved to be proven wrong

Stereo666 likes this.
  19. stradi62

stradi62 New Member

Ok , I already downloaded it on ota , perfect !

20. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Does anyone know how to restore the CAST mode to be full screen on your remote device rather than the shrunk down version in the latest Android control app?