All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Lige

Lige New Member

Could anyone explain me why
    hevc main10@L5 yuv420 10bits bt2020 is perfectly played on z1000pro but
    avc high10@L4.1 cabac yuv420 10bits is absolutely not?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The SOC doesn't support 10-bit AVC.

3. Lige

Lige New Member

oh... How could this be? Uptodate chip, uptodate player ... doesn't support old codec?
    Top alpha has the same SOC...
    What a frustration...

4. Markswift2003

It's not an old codec, 10-bit AVC is a non standard implementation of a current codec.

Standard commercial AVC/h.264 is an 8-bit codec which of course is supported.

5. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

try ZDMC (a Kodi fork) for your 10bit AVC files, as it can use the Kodi software player for old (like some .avi's) and non-standard codecs that are not Zidoo hardware supported.

Lige likes this.
  6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Most avi’s that are difficult to play generally have ‘packed bit streams’ and can be easily fixed with mpeg4modifier, takes a few seconds.

7. Lige

Lige New Member

but if the stream has 10bit color information i doubt the mpeg4modifier could fix the issue

8. Lige

Lige New Member

thanks alot
    the last version is 20.1 , correct?

9. Markswift2003

All depends on the codec.

The wrapper - AVI, MKV, MP4 etc doesn't really matter - it's the codec underneath that's important.

10. Lige

Lige New Member

i surely doesn't know much about the stuff but 10bit AVC appeared more than 5 years ago...
    and many PC players easily decode it

11. Lige

Lige New Member

i mean the version of kodi.apk, the last one is 20.1

12. Markswift2003

Still non standard and isn't supported so it ain't gonna play!

13. Markswift2003

Sorry - quoted the wrong post. Fixed now.

14. Lige

Lige New Member

the latest mpeg4modifier is 1.4.6 (January 11, 2015). issued way too long before first 10bit AVC.

MPEG4 Modifier modifies a MPEG-4 ASP video (AVI with XviD, DivX) without re-encoding (change aspect ratio, edit userdata, remove or add packed bitstream, and change interlaced field order). It can also show information about the video such as the amount of I/P/S/B-VOPs used, whether or not QPel/GMC were used, etc. Requires .NET Framework 2.0.

doesn't sound like it could help

15. Markswift2003

No, the only way to fix 10-bit AVC is to re-encode to 8-bit AVC or 10-bit HEVC.

16. Lige

Lige New Member

well... the zidoo company may decide what to support , of course. but to add the support of 10bit AVC isn't big trouble and hard task, i suggest.
    do remember early 90s - european manufactured utems were quite selective while chinese ones were unversal all readers with no exceptions

17. Lige

Lige New Member

that's what i'am pondering . could you advise by what means?
    i has virtualdub. so i need some codec to install ?

[searched videohelp.com for an answere and discovered 10bit AVC is 14 years old at least...]

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

19. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Lige likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Age has nothing to do with it, it's a non standard format and the SOC simply does not support it.

I use Staxrip for encoding. Something like Handbrake might be easier.

Lige likes this.