Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

for a couple ppl it seems but for myself ,im seeing no issues at all with .75 BEYOND MP7 issues

Using it 4-5 hrs a day no stutters no freezes ,in fact its still on with only the normal power off restart after f/w has been done (on all 3 hashtag versions of .75 too :p
    so its been running non stop 5 days plus so far

2. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

that's good, you're lucky, my box has become completely unusable !

3. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

It works flawlessly for me too. The previous beta version often gets glitchy such as stuttering or mismatched fps videos. This. 75 version has better stability. I'm a very happy user now.

DennisTheMenace and xskip like this.
  4. KJC

KJC Member

Thanks again! :)
    Not at home right now.
    I will try this setting tonight.

5. KJC

KJC Member

Has anybody noticed the heating issue with the Zidoo Z9X Pro?
    My device would heat up really badly within half an hour of use. I've never seen any device that would heat this abnormally.
    Is it normal behavior?

6. KJC

KJC Member

Can we open .zip file or .rar file on Z9X Pro that contains media file?

7. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

No. Mine is cold or just barely warm.

8. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I didnt have that problem till now
    When does it happen?

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

26.4 degrees on case top. Box is on 24/7.

Try it.

No

10. Gandalf67

Gandalf67 Member

Fingers crossed, not a single stutter so far.... to be continued....

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

when i first got mine ,it swapped out the Z9X and ended up with 2 HDDS sitting on top
    it was unstable then ,but i assumed it was the early f/w

couple weeks in i was resetting box due to MP7 lockup issues and noticed the top of the case was VERY hot to the touch

since then ive moved the HDDs off the top and added some feet underneath to give an inch of air flow

Had no heat on box since ie runs around 24 -28 ish ,and of course zero stutter freeze issues etc (still just MP7 ones :p )

12. KJC

KJC Member

I wished I could measure the hotness but its really really hot sometime untouchable. What might be causing this?

13. Volker G

Volker G New Member

UHD 5000:
    Stutter bug after Version 0.58 0.65 0.75
    VC1 Video Codec in .mkv movies stutters!
    The same movies in VC1 .iso files stutter not!

Fix it!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I took my boxes heat as lack of airflow around it ,hence removal of the hdds on top and adding like an inch of unrestricted space underneath (used an old cpu mount i think ) plus its in an open backed tv cabinet

15. Tibiajax

Tibiajax New Member

anyone about this?..

16. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I can also say that this firmware is the first where I can say that the player is finally usable.
    Before that I had black screens on some files and stuttering in true HD Atmos.
    The stability can still be changed somewhat, but in my opinion the firmware is significantly more stable than its two predecessors

Sanctrum likes this.
  17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I would like to play 96kHz and 192kHz music through the digital coax output, but I can only get ALWAYS to 44.1 and 48kHz,

Cant you just send the audio 192khz out via the hdmi to the NAD

i use hdmi for flac 192 or usb audio to my topping dac for either the flac 192 or DSD audio files

18. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

New issue, random video signal drops as soon as I hit play on random movie and it stops responding. I have to reboot it every time. 4th time that happened since update. Went to play the same movie after reboot and it played fine...

19. Digidog

Digidog New Member

@KJC

I had same issues with 3D when i got my Zidoo, plugged it in and no frame packing. Spent ages and it did seem to be issue with it picking up incorrect EDID.

I resolved by using Custom EDID, then switching it off again, it seemed to force it to reload from PJ and it worked after this ?
    think i may have even loaded one of Mark's custom ones from here, several reboots (had to remove full link as spam detected forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/edid-thread-rtd1619dr-players.86856/page-45#post-208177)

I now have custom EDID switched off and it always says "3D: Not supported" this doesn't seem to matter

Not sure if related, but you can try.

Once running, it will play your Full TAB files as frame packing also

3D does make UI slow though, but plays flawlessly

20. supermood

supermood Active Member

? I have it reported it now. I have other things to do then stumbling on these sites here. I will check the site every 4 or 6 weeks to see if there's an update. that's more then I do for 30 other things I'm using. in 22 months this device will go back anyway