Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. KJC

KJC Member

Unfortunately again this file too is playing in 2D :(.
    Not a single format is playing in 3D.
    Looking for a solution.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, so that's a straight MVC file so that kind of proves the TV doesn't do Frame Packed.

3. KJC

KJC Member

Anything can be done?

4. KJC

KJC Member

When I played this file directly on TV by connecting HDD. It would trigger 3D.

5. Markswift2003

Yeah I expected it would do that - this is all to do with what it'll accept on HDMI rather than what it can actually play.

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

You don't need to rip them that way to get full 1080p each frame.. Just rip them as normal Multi-view AVC format frame packed 3d rips and you will have full 1080p 3D video. But since your TV doesn't seem to support frame packed via HDMI source, then your hands are tied.

KJC likes this.
  7. KJC

KJC Member

Every other TV is supposed to support Frame Packed 3D and the set im owning has been stated the best 3D TV ever made by so many users n reviewers. I'm wondering how come my E6 doesn't support Frame Packed via HDMI but USB.

Should I try connecting HDMI to different ports of tv or hard resetting TV would help?
    I had oppo 105D, never had any issue playing frame packed 3D on it. Oppo would automatically trigger 3D via HDMI.

The issue I'm facing is not existing with 2019 released Z9X.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  8. Bit Decay

Bit Decay New Member

I installed the update on my Z9X Pro and noticed that for some UHD disc backups I have like Total Recall the movie just goes to a black screen yet other movies play correctly when played as a blu-ray disc. Offhand, I think there may be issues with how some discs with FEL are being handled. In the meantime decided to switch to using mkv files to sidestep these issues as that still works fine for me.

9. Tibiajax

Tibiajax New Member

Hi! I bought a z2600 player and I have a big problem:
    I've installed this newest v1.0.75beta FW, and I would like to play 96kHz and 192kHz music through the digital coax output, but I can only get ALWAYS to 44.1 and 48kHz, no matter what I set and how!

I've already tried all combinations in the Audio Settings, but no results. In the Music Player, the setting is also set to native maximum resolution.
    Of course, my DAC (NAD M15 HD) knows hd sounds, I had no dust problems with other players.
    It's very important for me, can you help me with this, what and how I should claim, and what I don't know?
    I pass the HD cinema sounds through HDMI, but and I want to listen to music with the coax output, because that have musch better sound.
    Is this possible with the z2600?
    Maybe someone could try it for me, before taking it back to the store, does the higher sample rate work with the latest or older FW?
    many thanks!

10. KJC

KJC Member

@Markswift2003 Any update about this?

When 3D movie is being played, why is the UI becomes too much sluggish/laggy which is not the case with older Z9X?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  11. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I have the same. Sometimes switching region helps. ( press 1 2 or 3 on remote)

12. Markswift2003

Hang on a minute - so you've tested both an Oppo and a Z9X on your TV and 3D worked on both?

13. KTR

KTR New Member

Same issue here with Z20 Pro, with the UI under 3D.
    And it was Not present this problem with my previous Z10 Pro.

My guess is that this is software issue, because the hardware is "stronger" on the new gen.
    And "IF" the issue is software related, when it will be fixed? ...

KJC likes this.
  14. KJC

KJC Member

Indeed!
    I had an Oppo 105D on which I could play frame-packed 3D movies without any issue (no need to manually turn on 3D); I never had to play with that 3D button on the remote. It will just automatically trigger 3D (Never saw two different images on my Oppo 105D).
    I never had a Z9X, but some Z9X users recommended the Zidoo device over Shield because, as per their update, Zidoo could trigger Frame-Pack 3D on the very same LG E6. Also they mentioned that Z9X's support for 3D is awesome and can do all types of 3D without any issue, that was the only reason I bought newly released pro model over Z9X.

15. Markswift2003

You didn't say that earlier - that changes things somewhat.

So the EDID says Frame Packed not supported but evidence would indicate otherwise.

So what I therefore don't understand is that I have a Z9X and a Z9X Pro here and both behave exactly the same - if you play a file with either SBS or TAB in the filename, they both output Frame Packed 3D as shown by my Vertex.

As I say, I don't have a 3D TV to test this on but the very fact that the Vertex recognises the output as Frame Packed (and my Samsung says it's an invalid signal) would indicate that this would trigger 3D on a 3D TV.

What is odd is that the very fact that you see a Side by Side & Top and Bottom images on your TV rather than a full frame with my test files means that the output is not being Frame Packed at the Zidoo output.

Humour me here and just double check that you don't have 3D to 2D switched on because that's the only other thing I can thing to produce the problems you have and quite literally the only way I can replicate what's happening to you:

upload_2024-1-13_13-51-55.png

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  16. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, I would definitely pursue all options with your TV as well. But if indeed, like it appears, that your Pro does not send proper frame packed 3D to your TV and other sources do, then...... well, add that to the lengthy list of bugs with this very poorly developed 1619BPD series. I myself was very much considering purchasing the new Pro Z9x, but held off while I figured that some of the early little bugs would get worked out. But, clearly for some reason Zidoo has taken a major step backwards with this series and I am mystified as to exactly why... I figured since it seemed to be based the same chipset type(1619), that this series would hit the ground running much better that other new series based on total new chipsets... that is clearly not the case.

KJC likes this.
  17. KTR

KTR New Member

As there are not many active 3D fans here now, I would like help as much as I can. And I also have LG 3D Tv.
    I have running multiple tests and I can confirm 100% the following:

To summarise:
    .iso ripped 3D movie, the name doesn't matter! The 3D signal is received!

Mark, I downloaded your test .mkv files.

- Test SBS.mkv
    - Test TAB.mkv
    With these specific names above you gave, they did NOT triggered 3D signal on my system! With this names, they played as 2D file with both pictures on the screen.
    Only TAB or only SBS in the name will NEVER trigger the 3D signal. It is also required to add in the name "3D"

I added also 3D in the name and renamed them to:
    - Test 3D SBS.mkv
    - Test 3D TAB.mkv

And they WORKED! 3D signal received from my LG Tv.

This test was replicated multiple times and always with the same results.

18. Markswift2003

That's interesting - I only need SBS or TAB here and Frame Packed output is triggered.

What player is that?

19. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

I just gave the firmware a try:

the wifi upload issue / crash persists.

Also, I've noticed something minor (might be an older issue): when I play an iso files, the intro sequences that are played back before the menu is shown are often skipped suddenly deconds before they are finished.

20. KTR

KTR New Member

My current player is Z20 Pro

But I have my files since I had Z10 Pro and the rules I explained above, also applied to Z10 Pro

You are right that it's is interesting to have different outcomes.
    What is your player? Z9X?

KJC likes this.