Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Mario Luiz

Mario Luiz New Member

Hey, Can you explain to me how you went back to 1.0.52? I updated to v1.0.75 and now I can no longer play the files on UHD Blu-rays

joey_corleone likes this.
  2. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Out of curiosity, how do you roll back? I tried via USB and after reboot it failed to apply the update. Error said something about the update timestamp was older than the current.

3. KJC

KJC Member

Yes, but mine is even worse sometimes while movies is being played it will abruptly stop and exit to home screen and this happened about 4 times last night when I was watching 1080p content.

4. KJC

KJC Member

Anyone playing 3D movies on Z9X pro?
    Does it automatically recognize 3D signal and kick start 3D mode ON?

I was having problem playing 3D movies so I contacted Zidoo support team and they wanted me to share EDID logs so that they can fix the issue in the latest update and they assured me that they will fix it in the .75 firmware but unfortunately this issue has not been resolved and it still shows 3D not supported in menu.

Any input will be appreciated.
    Thanks!

upload_2024-1-11_11-1-44.png

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I've got twice reboot (Z9X Pro .75) while back from playback but not reproducible. Like a remote control multiple button counter-order.

6. SpykeSIK

SpykeSIK New Member

Dolby TrueHD and Atmos cannot be downgrade to its DD 5.1 core on 1.0.75. There is no such problem with DTS HD/X and base DD 5.1.

7. Robus_PL

Robus_PL New Member

Elo,
    What is the reason, that i have installed app from google play and icon of this app is not visible in the Z20 Pro system?

Robus

8. KJC

KJC Member

Anyone...?
    @Markswift2003 ?
    @blenky ?

(was having a problem playing 3D movies...Z9X pro was unable to automatically recognize and start 3D movies....)

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Sorry don't have a 3D TV so can't comment.

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Seems to be a lot of issues with this release. However I'm not seeing any of these issues.

11. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

Yep not seeing anything here as well. Everything plays smoothly. I bought zidoo to play my mkv high quality remuxes and it performs perfectly for my task. Using HT4 and no extra apps at all. Do one thing and do it well :)

darqman and xskip like this.
  12. KTR

KTR New Member

Hello,
    I have LG 4k 3D TV and Epson Projector EH-TW9400 (also 3D) and my player is Z20 Pro with .75 firmware
    On the section for EDID it says
    - LG TV (Support)
    - Epson Projector (Not Supported)

It is weird as the both support 3D
    Still when I play 3D file, the Z20 Pro switch to 3D mode with both of them.
    The only problem with 3D I have so far that, while the player is in 3D mode, any of the menu is VERY slow and VERY laggy
    Did not have that with my previous Z10 Pro
    Was assured from the tech support that this will be addressed in future firmware.

KJC likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Never used 3D but if I play a 3D MVC file, the output is recognised by my vertex as such and I get no signal on my (2D) TV. I'd assume this would trigger 3D.

upload_2024-1-11_11-16-45.png

14. KJC

KJC Member

Yes, Its VERY slow and VERY laggy with 3D and DV content as well.
    Why z9x pro lags heavily in 3D mode...is it a software issue that can be fixed in future updates or not enough powerful processor that can't handle 3D content?

I have no faith in Zidoo support team as they haven't fixed any of my issues in this latest firmware.

15. KJC

KJC Member

The biggest problem is when I manually turn on 3D mode, it will make the UI in 3D making it completely unwatchable. You experienced the same issue? Can it be fixed?

16. Markswift2003

There's a 3D flag in the EDID and then also extended 3D information (VICs, 3D modes etc) and the Zidoo seems to ignore the 3D flag and look for the extended information.

Problem is that not all TV manufacturers include all the correct information in the EDID so the Zidoo misses it.

But this is just in the EDID report - it doesn't affect the ability of the TV to display 3D (or the Zidoo to send it)

KTR likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Don't manually turn on 3D?

18. vj4mqntm

vj4mqntm New Member

Download image file not update package it shuld be (*. Img) form official website, I will try to make a another post with details.

19. KTR

KTR New Member

In my opinion is Software issue. The processor is strong enough to handle the 3D.
    I had Z10 Pro, which technically has slightly weaker processor then the new Z20 Pro model.
    Z10 Pro did no have that problem with the menus in 3D mode. It was all smooth as it was in 2D. Also there is option in the 3D settings (while is in 3D mode) to set the dept of the menu and separate dept setting for the subtitles.
    I set them all on "0" zero so they don't display in 3D. On the previous firmware was not keeping that settings and every time I play 3D, the menu and subs were in 3D default dept settings.
    I will test tonight to see if this particular thing is fixed with .75 firm.
    The slow and laggy menu in 3D mode can be fixed as the new players are technically stronger.

Still, I have to admit that I am very stupid
    Was soo excited about the new line players, that I replaced my Z10 Pro with the new Z20 Pro without hesitation, thinking that I will get all same good Z10 Pro functionality, but with stronger hardware. And.... here is the big slap in my face...I did not get what I was expecting.
    I really miss my Z10 Pro which was perfect for me, but is no longer in my possession

emy110, cbnbmore, KJC and 1 other person like this.