Beta version v6.4.65 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000, v6.7.85 for NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Edworld

Edworld Member

I guess I should only fear the walking dead

2. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

I'm happy on 42. I'm generally of a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" disposition.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Exactly.

4. 56k

56k Member

i need downgrade

hdmi in not working

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I am also getting choppy playback on some films that were fine before..... makes watching a movie unbearable... Some films are not affected, most noticeably The Original Batman films by Tim Burtton are fine, but Sleepy Hollow, and Dawn of Dead 2004 have serious problems. I have only played those movies so far and most of them stutter now. i may look into downgrading cause this is seriously unacceptable seeing as there may be no more updates and if so it could take 5 or 6 months.....

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I own these movies (the 4k versions) and after a test of 20 min for both of them, I didn’t notice any stuttering issues. Same with the 4k movies watched since I have installed this firmware.

How many time before the issue starts to occure? Did you try a factory reset just in case?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I am watching in Dolby Vision and no I'm not looking forward to a factory reset and having to deal with spending another 2 months building my library again. Is spend more time re-building my library then I do watching movies since I got this box. I've had enough!!. I'm slowly migrating my collection to using local content using TinyMediaManager. I have 120TB To go. There is always problems with these boxes. I have reset my box and library prob about 12 - 14 times in 2 years and it is sickening to think about another one.

To answer your question sometimes it's around an hour in that it starts acting up and sometimes it's when I stop the film after about an hour then the next day starting from where I left off, then it starts suttering 20 - 30 min in from where I continued.

Edit: I'll add that I tried two different sources for The Dawn of The Dead 2004 before coming here. I thought maybe it was the file, but trying a brand new one from a different source gave me the same stuttering.

8. kovacsgergely83

kovacsgergely83 New Member

Guys, long story short: subtitle downloader up until and including FW 6.4.62 used the legacy Opensubtitles.org API that has been deprecated on 31st of December, so if you try to download subtitles now, you will end up with a constant, fake Danish "Become VIP member" subtitle:

20240102_175819.jpg

Since you cannot enter your Opensubtitles.org credentials into Zidoo, doesn't make any sense to follow down this path (for VIP users, the legacy API is still available for an extended grace period). Instead this player generation needs to be updated to the latest 6.4.65 December FW update, in which Zidoo has implemented the new Opensubtitles.com REST API, that works. Unfortunately now the subtitle download window only shows the movie/series name, but not the year / edition / release details, which is probably a shortcoming in the Zidoo implementation, as the updated Opensubtitles.com plugin for ZDMC (Kodi) still shows all these.

20240102_212723.jpg

20240102_212803.jpg

Galactic likes this.
  9. burton

burton Member

That's good to know, but i am afraid to go to 6.4.65 because of the glitches and problems i have read about in the forum........i am on 42 and very satisfied so far......honestly do not know what to do....

10. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

If 42 is ok then stay on it. There are dozens of subtitles sites to download on to a PC or MAC if required. I’m on 62 and it is solid on my UHD3000 so I’ll sit it out until the subtitle fiasco is sorted. I rarely have to use Zidoo to download subs except if a friend pops in with a video sans subs. As I’m hard of hearing I need them. So a quick on the fly download hoping it is the correct frame rate

11. rockmeloman

rockmeloman New Member

Stopped working on this firmware (v6.4.65) after two weeks of use Samba Server
    The computer no longer sees the drive (SSD Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB) that is connected to the player Z9X
    Repeated settings and reboots on the computer and player did not help.
    I have not seen anything like this before on any of the firmwares.
    The problem was solved by rolling back the firmware v6.4.62
    I apologize for my bad English. I hope you can understand me

Letmein and Reflex like this.
  12. thivame

thivame Active Member

Hello everyone,
    I have no problem with this firmware (I don't use the subtitle recovery).
    I'd even say it's more reactive...

13. Michael Cloude

Michael Cloude New Member

I’ve had a handshake issue that causes vertical black bars for some time but with the new firmware in home theater up dating posters is a mess. When I choose something different it doesn’t display unless I completely back out to the main menu. I’ve tried doing a factory reset (twice!) due to an attempt to reflash the device but it wouldn’t accept that either. I guess I’m just stuck lol

14. Galactic

Galactic New Member

So if it's from Zidoo, we can only hope they will fix it. Thanks for the info!:)

15. vipkekko

vipkekko Member

tutti questi aggiornamenti inutili ma i problemi di questo lettore non sono risolti

menu bluray impossibile da aprire

immagini a scatti

continui bug nella lettura

poster wall che trova copertine mai corrette

uhd3000 totalmente inutile

16. TDB

TDB New Member

What about Z9S is there any new firmware to solve subtitle download problem (API)?

17. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

Guys I updated my z9x to the latest v6.4.65 because of the problem to download subtitles, but now I can’t download any subtitle, it just says: search for subtitles failed, and nothing shows up, tried several movies and all are like that, what should I do? The latest version shouldn’t fix the subtitle download problem?

18. Netmask

Search and download on your PC or MAC

19. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

I have 400 movies, dont want to download on pc since is way more time consuming and I don’t know what movie I gonna watch next

20. Netmask

Well at least downloading them yourself you know if they are SDH or just dialog or forced. Also often the frame rate of the film. Nearly everytime I downloaded via Zidoo back when it worked the sub I picked was the wrong frame rate of forced. I suspect it will be many months before it’s fixed going on the time interval between firmware updates.