1.2.40_BETA/1.2.70_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I have played many locally stored files now (FLAC) and have not seen ReplayGain kick in on those yet.

How does it work on local CD rips?

I did a rescan of my music folder hoping that would do the trick, but no. Do the files need to have this info stored ‘in them’?

2. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

I don’t use it but when I rip a CD I use Tag on my MacBook which gives an option under Tools to embed the Replay Gain tags in the files. Other ripping software like dBPoweramp offer this option.
    [​IMG]

3. Bergholdt

Ok. Thx.

I did not see that option in my ripping software. Took me 3 weeks of 8 hours per day to rip 1000+ CDs, so I don’t want to redo it :)

4. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

If you use Roon it will analyse all your files and calculate Replay Gain without adding the metadata to your files, you have to select it to use it. I believe it can do it “on the fly” too, in real time but I have never used it either, maybe for using with streaming services.

5. Bergholdt

Well, I guess that’s just one more thing from Roon that Eversolo should copy - that and hybrid playlists :)

I’ll wait a bit before I buy a Roon Core. Roon sounds very interesting but I want to see what happens to them after Harman has taken over.

darqman and Fergus like this.
  6. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I have tried everything with Apple Music after turning off Sound Check, and ReplayGain does nothing. Also using Apple Play to stream Sirius XM did not activate ReplayGain either. I am not sure in my system which is limited to streaming only these apps that it is supposed to work anyway because they are not internal apps like Qobuz.

7. Bergholdt

Exactly. And it does a good job… but it is not an Eversolo thing…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

8. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Yes thanks, I just realized there is a Google doc explaining it

9. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

One of the things I learned early on with a new piece of equipment is to do a search on line to make sure there is not information already there. In fact, I find that frequently if I put Eversolo in the question it takes me to this forum where I find the answer usually. The forum has a search function too which I have never used but just started and it is excellent too.
    I am going to read the article now that Bergholdt sent who strikes me as a person who loves to teach. I am very impressed by this wonderful Dane! Thanks to all the wonderful team also who makes the A6 really sing! Happy New Year to all of you for a wonderful time listening to the A6.

Eki Shaw likes this.
  10. Bergholdt

Ha ha. Well thanks.

I’m here to learn and share the few things I do know something about.

ReplayGain was new to me too.

PS. I lived about a year in the small town of Ayer, MA. (1994)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  11. Matild

Matild New Member

Is it possible to set the EQ PEQ settings to only one channel (left or right)?
    For me, the left speaker (room) has a peak at 45Hz and the right one does not, that setting would be quite useful.

12. edliw

edliw New Member

Well, I noticed that too. Now comparing A6 internal DAC to my external DACs there is not much difference, what happened? :)

Miki222 likes this.
  13. Troykm

Troykm New Member

I’ve noticed on this firmware the unit says at room temperature. When I got it and it was running 1.1.75 it got quite warm. Now, nothing. Very good.

14. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

15. Bergholdt

If you downloaded the prior Alpha firmware, this beta should be pushed to you.

Otherwise, you have to download.

16. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Thanks, I think I might just wait for the eventual upgrade.

17. ummario

ummario New Member

Thank you @mirror for the really nice update! The Queue function works really well! Better than expected actually! Great, great work. Thank you!

Just one thing is missing to become the perfect streamer:

I wish that Apple Music could have the same functionality as Tidal internal app, instead of external app being controlled on Cast. I know it probably does not depend on Eversolo but on Apple itself, but one man can dream :) Would be great to have Apple music feeding the Queue list on Eversolo as well.

Bergholdt and Dr. Audio like this.
  18. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

A first-world problem, minor glitch: when using Autoplay at Start-up (great function :)) and returning to an Amazon Playlist, all of the cover art is lost throughout the Playlist on the A6 (still visible on my iPad). The playlist cycles as it should but, as the tracks progress, the cover art never returns. This issue is easily resolved by coming out of Amazon, using another platform briefly and then returning to the Amazon playlist, but I thought it worth flagging.

For my purposes and living with this update over Christmas, I couldn’t be happier - great job!

Lennart Andersson likes this.
  19. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hello. Can you send me a video?
    The same way, I tested it normally.
    thanks

20. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Hi Bob. Thanks for coming back. It may be a couple of days, but what’s the best method - email bob@zidoo.tv, or Upload a file?