Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Install that version of zdmc
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-20.2_rtk.apk
    It is a newer one.
    Open it, browse to the file you want to play, then long press the ok Button of the remote, than a menu opens select in that menu "play using..." then select VideoPlayer"
    But your .mov files will not work, because zdmc or kodi, they are the same, doesn't have a software encoder for .mov files.
    But you said x264 files, maybe they will work, if they doesn't play with the zidoo internal player.

KJC likes this.
  2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Ah, OK I thought you meant HT4!

3. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

I switched the OS to 1080p60 and the interface is smoother, there isn't much lag with the remote input now. Also, there isn't much loss in interface quality, sign that it's not actually high res anyway.

4. Mark Boddy

Mark Boddy New Member

See if you can find a Zidoo V9 remote: https://www.futeko.com/products/AC120.php

5. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

There have been a number of releases since that one. I've stopped pushing them to the github page and am only pushing them to the kodi repo. So you need to install the kodi repo. Details can be found here https://github.com/bowlingbeeg/plex-for-kodi#readme

6. KJC

KJC Member

Didn't know that!
    Thanks a lot!

Also are there any players other than ZDMC that I might try on Z9 pro?
    VLC or MX player?
    Tried installing them but I cant access HDD through it....any other way?

7. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Oh, got it. Will add that now and test. Many thanks!

8. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

True..but I have the feeling the search goes faster. At least with TMM. Perhaps placebo..lol.

9. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I don't know, many users complain that they don't have access to their hard drives if they use a player other than zdmc 20.2 or the internal zidoo one.
    I don't know if this is a firmware error or not, or if it will ever be fixed.

I think with .mov files you won't have any luck playing them with any media player

10. KJC

KJC Member

Tried transcoding using handbrake and its our unfortunate that Zidoo Z9X Pro cant handle 4K 60FPS with 50-60mbps correctly. It can only do 4K 60FPS with 20-30mbps. It seems Zidoo isn't incorporating power pack processor.

11. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Not sure what issues you have with 4K60 content, but it played fine Gemini Man for me, which has an average of 84mbps, although with 60fps content you can easily notice some stutter issues here and there, but people have been complaining about stutter for 23fps content also, so I expect that 60fps content to exacerbate that.

12. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Was your transcoded 4k60 file in H264 (AVC) or H265 (HEVC)?

If it was H264/AVC, then it was a level 5.2 profile file and the Z9X Pro does not support that format in hardware decoding and it will stutter all over the place probably because it's trying to decode it in software and it's not powerful enough to do so.

The only devices that I have that supports H264/AVC level 5.2 at 4k60 is the Shield Pro 2019 and the Apple TV 4K.

If you encode your file in H265/HEVC 4k60, the Z9X Pro will play it smoothly.

See this thread where I asked the question:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/avc-h264-profile-5-2-4k-60fps-stuttering.97339/

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    KJC likes this.
  13. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

My equipment rack has lots of metal around various devices so BT devices like keyboards do not work reliably. Bought a Rii RT518S Wireless and Bluetooth keyboard to work with my Zidoo Z9X, have USB cable from the Zidoo to a patch panel and the 2.4 GHz receiver installed there. Works well and backlit, comes in handy for dark front projection home theater.

When I try to post a link it will not post saying my post is spam.:(

KJC likes this.
  14. KJC

KJC Member

If Shield Pro can do 4K 60FPS H264/AVC level 5.2 profile then why Zidoo can't?
    That was the reason they made a media player and I had heard Zidoo does it best.

15. Creator44

Creator44 Member

@Markswift2003 told me in the other thread I linked that it is not supported because H264/AVC level 5.2 at 4k60 is not used in commercial discs or streaming apps. UHD Blu-Ray uses H265/HEVC Main or Main10 at level 5.1 for 4k60 and that is supported by the Z9X Pro.

It is not a matter of power but of support here.

I too would like the Z9X Pro to support that format but I'm not sure Mark can ask that of Zidoo and expect they will do it.

@Markswift2003 do you think it's worth a try?

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Also plays the
    As I said, the SOC doesn't support it.

Creator44 likes this.
  17. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Ok well if the Realtek chip cannot do it then it will never happen. Thanks for clarifying that out!

18. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

Hi @Markswift2003,

I've been using TMM to streamline the identification of my files. Before using it, even with the correct naming conventions, I would still get hundreds of files mis-matched. However, TMM make .nfo and all the jpgs and pngs associated with the identified films. Does HT4 need all those files or just the .nfo? Ideally the latter, since the additional files are slowing down my NAS.

19. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

How does having files on your NAS slow it down? The whole point of a NAS is to store files. That’s like saying gas in the gas tank of your car slows it down.

The point of storing all the cover art, fan art, clear logos, etc is they load nearly instantly and offline. Otherwise browsing your library will be horribly slow as it’s trying to pull them all down in realtime.

20. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

@fnhanks my NAS is the one slowing down with browsing through Finder, not the zidoo. So my zidoo is faster becoz of all the preloads, but my NAS for other purposes becomes slower