Occasional jerky/choppy playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Well thats easy. Can we follow these steps or are other/extra steps needed: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-debug-log-rtd-1619bpd-players.96242/

2. What are your full settings?

Mine are:

HDMI cable: Original cable in box
    Connection: Directly connected to HDMI 2 port of Samsung TV

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Match frame rate and resolution
    Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate pause: No Pause

Display/Resolution: Lock resolution (3840x2160p 60Hz) toggled on
    Display/Resolution: Auto (3840x2160p 60Hz)
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 12BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 12BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 12BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Deep Colour compatibility mode: Open
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Signal format: Enhanced format
    Display/HDR: Mapping HDR10

Audio/HDMI Audio: RAW
    Audio/SPDIF audio: OFF
    Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: Toggled OFF

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  3. supermood

supermood Active Member

I have that every tenth start or after pausing. I wrote that 2 weeks ago in the beta chat.
    some seconds back and it's gone. impossible to reproduce for me. what I can say is I have it also on very small files / qualities, I'm currently looking into old star trek episodes, worst quality ever :)

with my set up here I can def rule out network / bandwidth issues, receiver or TV issues or the temperature topic.

of course match frame rate is always on.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Had the issue this evening watching a TV ep. Just skipped back a few seconds and all OK.

5. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi Guys
    just let you know
    I think there is a bug in the system and i just managed to sort out my framerate issue (maybe temporary). I did not have a correct framerate all this time.
    All i did
    Factory reset after that turned on HDCP and select 3840 x 2160 @ 24hz in the android settings then turned on the developer mode and just selected the framerate in zidoo settings. This setting really upscaled 1080P for me first time since i bought zidoo.
    Finally experience a smooth playback after months of buying Z2600. Now it does not drop any framrate for me.
    I think Zidoo has some conflict with android settings may be cause by some bug .

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    JackMikkers and Creator44 like this.
  6. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

HDMI cable: self bought one
    Connection: connected to receiver, receiver connected to tv

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Match framerate

Display/Resolution: Lock resolution (3840x2160p 60Hz) toggled on
    Display/Resolution: 3840x2160p 60Hz
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Deep Colour compatibility mode: off
    Display/HDR: Auto

Audio/HDMI Audio: RAW

Tv doesn't support dolby vision, only hdr10 and hdr10 plus

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes absolutely.

The thing to remember about a debug log is it's hugely verbose set of files so we need it as tight as possible.

The best debug logs are:

1. Start Debugger
    2. Immediately reproduce issue
    3. Immediately stop debugger

If the issue doesn't manifest until sometime later, we need a timestamp to see the right area.

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I checked some 1080p mkvs using direct on my Panasonic L1500Z OLEd vs the X9Z Pro VS10 for upscaling etc and definitely felt the Z9X with vs10 was better

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Match framerate

Display/Resolution: Lock resolution (3840x2160p 24Hz) toggled on
    Display/Resolution: 3840x2160p 24Hz
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Deep Colour compatibility mode: off
    Display/HDR: dolby vision vs10

Audio/HDMI Audio: Auto

Thats my setup , and getting no noticable stutter jerky choppy playback on anything

How many ppl getting the choppy etc issues used the Wizard to set up box ?

Someone on main .65 f/w thread had issues using that till they reset box and entered it all manually (if i read it right )

9. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

So, as crazy as this sounds i have to say that the framedrop bug has been mostly eliminated in my tests so far by raising the Zidoo 1cm.

I want to reiterate that my zidoo never felt hot or even warm to the touch...ever. HOWEVER, since raising it one centimeter using some lego pieces, i have watched Fellowship of the ring 3h48 minutes and another 2 hour movie and i haven't had the Framedrop happen ONCE. This is the first time after 3 months that i have been able to watch a movie without this issue.

I don't know what kind of chinese black magic is this, but could the people who experience the bug on every movie like me, try this little trick as well? Just raise your box with something and see the results.
    I will leave mine like this and see if the issue has completely disappeared or it has just reduced in frequency.

The idea of raising the box is not mine, i picked it up from another user (can't find his post now) that said that he raised the zidoo and didn't have the bug.

Edit: nope bug appeared on 4K hdr atmos "Risen" on the 34 minute mark. Raising box does not eliminate the bug.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  10. Markswift2003

Quick note - if you set your resolution to 3840x230 23Hz you'll reduce your HDMI resyncs dramatically since most content is 23 not 24Hz.

Wizard? LOL. No, never :p

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i know thats the logic Mark ,but honest im not getting any chop stutter etc ,hence im wondering if 24 rather than 23 (since most stuff is 23.976) is why thats happening ,hence why i posted above :)
    seen one person post they changed from 23 to 24 and not seeing it now

12. Gandalf67

Gandalf67 Member

It's really weird, we have just watched 2 x 45 minutes in a row, I couldn't see a single stutter. But sometimes it will be several in 45 minutes (series, simple DD+ audio tracks). Of course this makes it very difficult to diagnose.

13. Markswift2003

That's the problem.

This issue may not manifest for days at a time.

14. Markswift2003

Ok - interesting - if you see it again with frame rate set to 24, can you let me know?

Sometimes my frame rate is set to Auto, sometimes to 23, depending what I've been doing.

I've not seen it for a few days now - infuriating.

15. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Its unbelievable....since I started to enable debug log I didn't experience it even once...grrr
    Had mine at 23 as well. Changed to 60 and see if it changes anything.

Creator44 likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Great news folks!!

@Sledgehamma has managed to catch this in a debug log so we've sent this to the devs :)

Nathan W, dr4go, supermood and 9 others like this.
  17. Erling Hugosson

Erling Hugosson New Member

That very good news.
    Any info on the video file played. Resolution, audio format, etc?

18. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

1080p VC-1 at 23.976 with DD 5.1 (BD remux).

19. Erling Hugosson

Erling Hugosson New Member

Thanks for the info and that you could catch it.

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I wonder if this will now delay the firmware that was due this week so they try and incorporate a fix.