Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you try this short clip and see if you get the same problem:

https://mega.nz/file/wOAE3awT#P3dOrz2tDy_Z-xyqrqM0yV5ELqomxfxU5i2wCDMlbZ0

(This clip is provided under Fair Use)

@blenky can you give it a go too and see if you see anything odd with the titles. Should be white ish in a fuzzy 1980s way ;)
    Definitely not green!

Fair Use Clip.mkv_snapshot_00.13_[2023.11.24_13.02.03].jpg

2. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

Yes, Dolby Vision-2160p-24hz

5. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

What's the difference between the firmware with and without the "_g" suffix?

6. Markswift2003

Great, thank you. I get the same result.

Kenshin likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

G has Google Play Store included.

Frostb!te likes this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Plays in DV and titles looked as you would expect - and as in the screen shots posted. Definitely not green.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  9. Markswift2003

Thanks for checking - as I expected to be fair.

As it happens I do think there's an issue with the RPU, just not this one!

Must admit, because of Dolby's growing inconsistencies, I'm almost at the point of sacking off Dolby Vision altogether and sticking with HDR10.

10. imeDB

imeDB New Member

your file triggers DV and it looks just fine

11. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Just checked on my LG C2 TV, Dolby Vision clip look's just fine.

12. Jim N

Jim N New Member

Hi

Just an update using this firmware.
    - My 3D content (direct MKV rip from my disks) works fine now. This is Z9XPro ----> RMC-1 ----> JVC NX9. (Playing 3D is the reason why I purchased the Zidoo, so thanks Zidoo for the fix)
    - Stuttering and lockup of non 3D files ie 4K HDR (eg Dune 2021) seems to have gone away for me
    - Connecting to unRAID using SMB still needs to have netbios active on the server for it to all work
    - grey bars are still visible
    - 2.4:1 Gui seems to be stable now

13. Markswift2003

You absolutely should not have grey bars on this release - the black (16/64) video background is now set correctly for cropped overlays so something else is going on if you see them.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Also can confirm the occassional loss of custom EDID ,down to say 1080p 60hz Auto is still occuring in this firmware

15. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@Markswift2003 there appears to be an issue with Hi-Res FLAC soundtrack files when played automatically in HT4 poster wall. The sound will play but with super loud static noise. "Normal" FLAC (16-bit 44.1 kHz) and MP3 soundtrack files played fine. This issue did not exist in previous firmware.

I put some examples in the link below. All of them are 24-bit 48kHz FLAC files.

Zidoo

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I dont use HT ever
    I did d/l the equalizer flac and it played fine on normal media player

Next i thought id try it in HT mode so moved file to my mixed viewing daily watch folder of TV epis and scanned it in to HT

Large folder with many files so it was taking ages to scan but it popped up i could start using it

With the currently scanned files up (so partial maybe 10 15 "posters"up
    The first poster when the active one would have that exact high level static noise
    This happened on a couple more "posters" media info showed ones i looked at as earc 6 ch 48khz audio ones
    Rest of the "posters"played normal audio and those were older epis with like 2 ch (edit in im not sure if they played audio tbh now BUT those ones wernt staticcy

I then Deleted my still currrently scanning Folder in settings so a fresh clean start

I made a new folder and moved 6 epis from diff shows and diff audio types and scanned that in ( so fast scan cos small folder )

These all had no background audio playing while up on each even thou its on by default in settings
    But i didnt have the static on any, more importantly

Wiped ht library again

Moved all files back to original folder and its rescanning again same as first test

Quick run thru on posters now and im getting no squeling this time and no background audio (Posterwall plays soundtracks is on )

Not knowing HT im not sure if audio is supposed to play while in Poster mode

But it seems like static issue may be tied to scanning so maybe a fresh scan will fix issue?

17. Markswift2003

I'll have a look at those tomorrow - but must admit soundtracks are not something I've ever tried.

So to be clear, 24-bit, 48KHz FLAC don't work in v1.0.65. Which firmware did they definitely work in?

There have been a lot of regressions in firmware recently so need to figure out where the problem started.

18. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Big issue: Z9x Pro wifi disconnects when uploading...
    I received my brand new Z9X Pro today and updated it to the newest beta firmware, immediately. Unfortunately, wifi disconnects occasionally. It won't even reconnect on its own. I have to turn off wifi and turn it back on in the settings menu. I made some tests to find out what causes the issue. Due to another issue (see below) I made some wifi speed tests. Thus, I hosted an OpenSpeedTest server on my LAN, to test the wifi speed (can be setup in a minute with Portainer/Docker Compose). The download speed is pretty nice 536 Mbps (actual net throughput tested with a browser app on Zidoo, compared to 180 Mbps for my Z9S). But as soon as it starts the uploading test Zidoos wifi connection gets lost after like 1 or 2 seconds. It's not like I am trying to do heaving lifting data from Zidoo to any other device on my network on a daily basis, but loosing the entire wifi connection after 1-2 seconds full speed uploading and even w/o any reconnect isn't acceptable. My Z9S doesn't have this issue. It uploads with 180 Mbps (same as download) just fine.

ISO Blu-Ray playback over wifi is still stuttering
    Also, I was hoping for some improvements there compared to my Z9S. But it's still worse the same. Slow motion stuttering and mostly no sound. When I press pause and wait 2-3 seconds and resume again, the video plays fine for some seconds until it starts to stutter again and doesn't play any sound again. I've tested various different files. With Ethernet it works way better. I am not even talking about 4K content. It's just 1080p Blu Rays isos. Unfortunately, due to the spatial conditions in my rented apartment, I cannot lay a network cable permanently.

Is the wifi disconnect issue a common issue with the device or this firmware (I used the _G version). And is this going to be fixed in a couple of days or shall I just refund this brand new device as it may be an hardware issue? I'd appriciate if someone can test it, too.

19. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Correct. They definitely worked in v1.0.52. I am on a Z20 Pro if that is relevant.

20. AJAForEver

AJAForEver New Member

hello, on the UHD5000 player, I'm still having problems with weak voices in movies. I have an LG SQ95 sound bar connected to an LG C2 television. I have no such problems on Netflix or other sources not using the player. Can you help me with best parameters ?