Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. nutzer

nutzer New Member

maybe we can redirect all people experiencing problems with files to a transparent source, everybody has access to: the kodi wiki sample files:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

this way devs and users are at least always talkin about the same files and nobody has to upload cumbersome stuff...

maybe this would be even helpful as "sticky" instructions..

from my experience: if you encounter problems, the sample files on kodi wiki have every taste to replicate it.

and to be fair here, most people probably can judge, if their network is OK or not...and if they tested it with network play and direct play, odds are high that really the zidoo box is to blame..(i mean c'mon, i run 7 different mediaplayers over my network, of whom every single one works flawlessly except for zidoo, have a proof concept that detects even the slightest irregularities on my NAS and have all the network troubleshooting bells and whistles..)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not really sure what you're asking for here.

I use the Kodi Wiki demo files a lot, but only to find a specific video/audio format that maybe I don't have. I don't think I've ever found one on there that causes problems.

And my problem here is repeatability - As I've said before, I've tried the files you posted on your EDID - so my box reacts the same as yours to the same file with what it thinks is the same display. And no issues. So what's different between your setup and mine?

It's not the player, it's not the file and (because of the EDID) it's not the display.

I'm really beginning to think there's a hardware problem at play here, but to be honest that's just clutching at straws.

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Couple days ago ,didnt you mention something like , : theres some issue with factory resets because theres several different chipsets being used in the new range of PRO boxes "
    Could this be why theres a couple ppl having some issues NO ONE else is or can replicate
    Maybe we need a way to identify these "variant" boxes and can add that info to posts when having issues

ie so maybe we can break down some issues to specific "chipset"models

4. Markswift2003

No, factory resets are fine - I think you're thinking about my comment I made about firmware rollback which has been disabled due to hardware differences in different batches - or so I was always told. This harks back to the 1295 boxes.

I don't know of any variance in the BPD boxes.

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

nps :)

did see some micro stutter in Planet earth III 4k HLG epis when panning across large open horizens ,but i think its just those files and the filming ie it was almost a regualr pulse every 2 secs or so as it panned across .
    Once it was in closer with more details and movement it wasnt noticeable at all

Ie i havent seen it in ANY other movie or tv epis ive watched on these new boxes

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

If I had the issue that some of you are having I would return the box as faulty - assuming its still under warranty. What I read here, a lot, is that the files have issues on the Zidoo but play fine on other makes of player; but then when sent to Mark they play OK for him. In that case return the box for a replacement or refund.

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Mark isnt the only one having no issues with playback thou (minus my above post where i say i beleive its the files at issue )

So far ,since getting the Z9X Pro (from Z9X) the playback has been as good or better than my previous Z9X on everything ive played on it

Theres been only ONE issue that affected things ,which was the occassional EDID loss ,issue
    That seems to have been fixed on .65

There really only seems to be a handful of ppl having issues on the forum ,most of which have been tied to stuff fixed over last 2 f/m updates ,or faulty vid files or NAS issues

by96 likes this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The main issues I have now are with HT4. It's good but has a lot of niggles. I just work round them.

On latest firmware I still get the issue where the resolution resets itself to 1080p@23Hz (from locked setting of 3840x2160p@23Hz) and HDR resets to Auto from Dolby Vision V10 Engine (Output DV).

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Bummer , i hadnt had the EDID change so far with latest f/w ,so was hoping it was fixed

I never use HT ,so theres a lot of the minor issues ppl do get, that i always totally miss out on :)

11. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Not good news about the lack of reply on previous gen players, that's kinda disappointing and gives off a heavy Zappiti-style vibe o_O

With the reports, as a moderator could you edit them with a custom tag of some sort that can later be searched? Like #ReportedIssue or #ConfirmedIssue? Then hopefully forum search would help keep track/find them and users can look for them too?

I definitely see similar problems in the Jellyfin forum, once support there has exhausted all options it goes to github as a bug. They haven't solved a way to collate issues against a specific version or anything either, so it's definitely not an easy fix

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

looking back at the earlier model ranges, it looks like they get 2 yrs of firmware development ,then zidoo moves on to newer models

z9s was 2018 - 2019 ish
    z9x was 2020 - 2023 (may)
    Z9x pro 2023.......

and UNLIKE most of the media box companies out their ,that ive owned over the yrs ,Zidoo have done a lot of f/w updates in those periods and fixed majority of fixable issues
    and honestly the earlier ranges like Z9s are so far out of date with latest audio and video and HDMI Lan Wifi standards etc ,that there is no point in any further development
    Z9X range was finished at a very rock solid stable point in its development ,and even thou i still use that and my pro version daily ,i have zero issues with no more dev time spent on the Z9X range ,and more spent on the new Pro range

blenky likes this.
  13. sandyj

sandyj Member

I agree and believe a lot of issues is not the zidoo but outside of it.

14. xskip

xskip Active Member

Zidoo Z9X Pro alpha firmware v1.0.68 on mcbluna.net

Changelog:
    1.VS10 engine is incorrectly used with SDR or HDR display (partially fixed)
    2.Switching from SDR to HDR10 does not resync HDMI properly
    3.Video and audio jitters with some Dolby TrueHD soundtracks

dr4go and Siju Thomas like this.
  15. Markswift2003

blenky likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

It's not an Alpha. It's an internal Beta for my box and shouldn't be in the public domain.

Simon Belmont, Six66Mike and xskip like this.
  17. Markswift2003

I can tell you for sure there's no Zappiti style vibe going on - that was simply a small business put into compulsory liquidation by creditors while the owners set up a sneaky phoenix operation under the same holding company.

Whether R_Badge is a success or not remains to be seen, but Zidoo are a far bigger and more successful concern.

Zidoo were almost a victim of their own success - I think the level of success of Eversolo was unexpected and took them off guard, but they've expanded to flex into the demand and while there's no doubt this has affected the media player side of the business in the short term, we're starting to see the benefit now.

Oldpainless, by96, Six66Mike and 2 others like this.
  18. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

The comparison was more around quickly moving on from hardware releases and FW/software updates in favour of something newer and shinier. When you described that, it reminded me how quickly Zappiti moved on from dropping software support for older players and how poor the support was for relatively newer player, despite being wildly outdated by the time they released their final product range.

19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

20. Markswift2003

xskip and Temearoo like this.