Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Try a factory reset - My box went a bit berserk when I first loaded .65 last week but after a factory reset things settled down considerably.

2. bluestar2010

bluestar2010 New Member

Is it possible to downgrade?
    From beta v1.0.65 back to v1.0.52

Is that possible?

3. supermood

supermood Active Member

yep and the best is always bitstream / raw as long as you can hear something? isn't it? don't think pcm has any advantage?

4. Markswift2003

Firmware rollback has been disabled because of hardware differences in different batches which could cause the device to brick.

However, if you want you can perform an emergency flash and then update to whatever firmware you want.

This is not without risk if you don't follow the instructions to the letter.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/faq/guide_target/2k02gFiWIINKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Six66Mike likes this.
  5. SpykeSIK

SpykeSIK New Member

Looks like Dolby VS10 (SDR) is broken on this firmware. It doesn’t work on any my SDR screens. Just pink picture. When I select Auto or SDR Rec.709 everything is normal. So no DV/HDR -> SDR tone mapping by VS10 right now.

And how to enable MaxFall and MaxCCL settings? I don’t see it.

6. Markswift2003

VS10 SDR working fine here. I suggest for anybody having unexpected results with this firmware to factory reset (back up HT4 data first of course).
    upload_2023-11-17_22-59-33.png

And on an SDR display:
    upload_2023-11-17_22-59-59.png

MaxFALL and MaxCLL are of course enabled by default and the option to switch off has been removed (there's simply no need for it!).

7. geebolt

geebolt Member

What would the proper sequence be for a reset? I'm guessing here but would this work?
    1. Backup HT and music player data
    2. Remove any added drives
    3. Perform reset
    4, Re-connect drives
    5. Perform restore of backups from step 1.

I assume everything will be back as it was before the reset?

8. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Best Update ever. Picture motion is very smooth and color got better. There is only one issue I see may be other people have also noticed. Bright scenes are bit white washed and loose detail.
    There should be one more thing to change aspect ratio of 4:3 into 16:9 .

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  9. Mahesh Harischandra

Mahesh Harischandra New Member

This may be a dumb question, but how to safely remove HDDs from the console while it is on? I guess just pulling them off is not a safe option. I still get audio skips from time to time with my MKV files and some video files do not play the conversation channel in the 5.1 set-up. I have a Yamaha RX685 receiver which is connected to the setup via HDMI. The audio is set to AUTO. These files play beautifully on other consoles I have (Minix and Vidda C1 PRO)

Should I try hard reset?

What is the best external player for the console? I tried to use VIMU and VLC players, but they do not read my drives. How to grant them permission to access drive file systems?

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

the Internal one ,tbh

try full power off at back of box for 20 30 secs first and re seat the hdmi cable both ends

Ive always just unplugged my USB hdds ,even with player on (and pc) and never had an issue with them corrupting ,touch wood :p and i have all my 1o80p 4k TV and 4k movies spread across 15 -20 2 - 4 TB drives now

11. Markswift2003

Yes, exactly that but make a note of video/audio/wallpaper settings etc.

After much practice I reckon I can do it and get back to where I was in about 5 minutes.

geebolt likes this.
  12. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

I see the same thing. In my case, if I play files via the network I do not get the crashes. So instead of connecting the HDDs to the zidoo, have the zidoo see the HDDs over a network. I know its ridiculous, but for me that is a workaround to make this video box actually play video files.

13. SpykeSIK

SpykeSIK New Member

Thank you for answer. I tried full factory reset twice, but it didn’t help. Also tried on another SDR screen. Same here.

Any advice?

Attached Files:

14. Mahesh Harischandra

Mahesh Harischandra New Member

I still get audio skips from time to time with my MKV files and some video files do not play the conversation channel in the 5.1 set-up. I have a Yamaha RX685 receiver which is connected to the setup via HDMI. The audio is set to AUTO. These files play beautifully on other consoles I have (Minix and Vidda C1 PRO)

All video files with AAC 5.1 audio tracks do not play properly. No dialogue could be heard as that audio channel does not play. This was the case earlier as well. The same files play well in the other consoles.

15. supermood

supermood Active Member

. sometimes it resumes playing from pause automatically

someone knows hot to contact zidoo directly for bugs and missing standard functions? I've heard they are not checking this forum here? this box is beta will be beta some time (some months?)

imho this shouldn't be sold in the moment without 50% discount and clear informations. not everyone loves this occupational therapy.. ;)

I was not informed about my obligation for co testing and reporting or the required patience. I'm very lucky for not having some of the problems I'm reading here about.

zidoo should know that if the sold device is not working as described like playing 5.1 sound with center you can ALWAYS send it back not only 2 or 4 weeks

Kurt7 likes this.
  16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a number of files with AAC 5.1. All play centre channel OK. My audio output is set to Auto.

17. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

You could use soemthing like TMM ( tinymediamanager)

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Can confirm. With audio on Auto DTS:X plays in DTS 2.0 or DTS 5.1. Switching to RAW fixes this.

KristianR and Simon Belmont like this.
  19. nutzer

nutzer New Member

I already play over network (tested nfs and smb), but problem also persists when direct playing from local drive.

factory reset did NOT help....

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your help and this community.

But I'm angry AF as well als massively disappointed with zidoo!! I also think this is why a lot of people lose their temper here in this forum, because zidoo simply remains silent and does not take part in the discussions (which is actually the worst thing you could do)...besides from their community mole, mark, of course .. ;-)

I have a professional background in IT and Management and would science the sh_t out of their product lifecycle- and customer relationship management... :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Pete B likes this.
  20. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Not in China ;)