Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Does the same on a Z9X Pro on latest beta but confirmed working on v1.0.58... Reported.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    AngryVirginian likes this.
  2. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Even with this, still have the same issue where SMB shares aren't auto-connecting on boot. I have to open the media browser first, open any folder on the share to have it connect, then HT4 / Kodi can play files just fine. The Zidoo can connect to it just fine, it just needs a push to do it on boot which is extremely frustrating.

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

How do you get soundtrack files to play in HT? Not something I've ever tried

geebolt likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

This will be something to do with drive sleep and how caching works on the share - if a share isn't available, it's not shown in HT, however, booting up the box should allow the shares to be seen because even though HT isn't running in the foreground, the scraper is working in the background and continually queries the HT shares.

Do you have "Automatic updating sources" switched on in preferences?

5. Markswift2003

Put MovieName-soundtrack.ext in the movie folder and "Poster Wall auto plays soundtracks" switched on in Preferences.

It's really annoying ;)

6. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

I use HT4 and Kodi with the zidoo2plex mod. In both cases, when the box boots it doesn’t work. In HT4’s case, the libraries show as unavailable and the library appears empty. In the Kodi/Plex case, when it tries to play, it says “Cannot play file” or something along those lines. In both cases, I back out, open the media browser, open a file, then both work.

This has nothing to do the share / the NAS. The zidoo z9x (non pro) worked fine with this, and so does the shield and the apple tv. The z9x pro is the problem. The share works fine, the share isn’t sleeping as there are other devices reading/writing to it constantly (seedbox).

7. Markswift2003

Do you have "Automatic updating sources" switched on in preferences?

8. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Will check this and report back.

But with that being said, that would be an HT4 exclusive setting, no? IE this would just be a bandaid to an underlying problem as then Kodi/Plex would still have issues?

9. Markswift2003

Not sure what's going on - it's not a known issue so just checking the basics first.

10. Markswift2003

If the audio is passed as a bitstream (Dolby Digital, DTS and variants) the Zidoo plays absolutely no part in the audio level - the amp/soundbar etc decodes and outputs at relative levels defined by the bitstream, baked in during post.

If it's passed as PCM, it'll be a stereo downmix only and center channel (dialogue) processing is done by the amp/soundbar.

So it depends on the abilities of your soundbar and audio settings in the Zidoo and how it's all connected which will define what the soundbar is doing and with what.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

mmm. Did that with the Oppenheimer flac file so I have

Oppenheimer (2023).mkv
    Oppenheimer (2023)-soundtrack.flac

in same directory and set 'Poster Wall auto plays soundtracks' to on. But nothing happens when I go to film page for the movie.

12. Markswift2003

It plays on the poster wall, not the details page, when the movie is highlighted.

It has to be highlighted for a few seconds to stop it kicking off on every move!

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Ah so it does! And distorted as already reported!

14. DarthPrater

DarthPrater New Member

I think I found my issue with playback. My Z9X pro is wired into a mesh router that has wireless to the main router. I do have a 700mb/s connection, but it still appears not to be enough because when I wire it right into the Synology NAS, there are no issues.

are there any settings that can help alleviate this? Or am I stuck with wiring an Ethernet cable across the house (and a tiny attic space)

15. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Same for me (if you mean stuttering, no audio etc) with standard 1080p iso Blu Rays. It's not related to this firmware. Not even to the device. My Z9S has the same issue. I just never noticed, because I was able to use Ethernet cables in my old home.
    500 Mbps+ is way above the needed bandwidth. Even for 3D. It's just still not fixed.

16. supermood

supermood Active Member

@Markswift2003

can we get something like an excel table here in the forum? possible?

track bugs, issues, wishes, ideas... when or if it will be considered, status, replicability, with additional info columns and if it's confirmed /seen by zidoo

no one is able to follow that here. this endless text is surely the most diletant management without tracking that is possible..

you can't read x posts and y pages. and even if you do to avoid double posts. it's just not working like this?

just a guess..

Six66Mike and sandyj like this.
  17. Markswift2003

Yep - another regressive bug after v1.0.58.

Just to add to all the others...

We seem to be getting to the point where regressive bugs outweigh the new ones and I'm pretty much at the point where, after a week in, I'll be relegating the Z9X Pro in my cinema back in favour of the Z9X again....

That's not to say I don't think the Z9X Pro has potential - it absolutely has - the picture quality is definitely superior - it's just the firmware has a long way to go before we're ready for prime time here.

One step forward and several steps back. Very frustrating.

18. Markswift2003

You might be surprised how on top of all this s**t I am ;)

19. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Honest words. Well then, I'm going to refund my device tomorrow. Might give it a try later again. I thought it'd be a good point in time now. After so much months.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. DarthPrater

DarthPrater New Member

Are there any good alternatives that play what the audio players play? 4k, 3D, NAS “compatibility”