Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. So the latest firmware for the Z2000 Pro has not fixed video playback issues with UHD HDR10 MKV files....still some momentsleutel when playback seems to slow down.

Now the interesting part....the M2TS version of the same movie plays flawlessly.

Can someone please explain why this should matter...the only difference is the file container.

I am afraid the problems will not be fixed with HD MKV files or DV MKV files.

2. nutzer

nutzer New Member

@Markswift2003
    do you know by any chance, if zidoo.de is an official distributor for germany?
    thanks

3. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Hi I had installed the v1.0.68 (z9x pro internal test version) firmware, and that black picture (freezing) issue with profile 8 videos is fixed now for me. Finally I can play all my mkv files without any problems.

Simon Belmont and FrostByte like this.
  4. Szw

Szw Member

That's good news !!! Thank you very much. I'm now waiting for the version for Z20Pro_G.

status42 likes this.
  5. DarthPrater

DarthPrater New Member

Lots of issues with playback, especially with my 3D iso files. I cannot play any 3D files that weren’t ripped directly from one of my discs. It skips and freezes the player.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't think Zidoo have "official distributors" for specific countries, just distributors.

7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I know the owner personally and can totally recommend buying your Zidoo/EverSolo device there.

FrostByte likes this.
  8. nutzer

nutzer New Member

It's not about buying (I already bought there), it's about replacing/returning my z9x pro because of all the troubles and problems I'm experiencing with it. In the end the box is not usable because of all the crashes.

9. Michael McElyea

Michael McElyea New Member

Still Dolby vision problems. Anyone have Prince of Darkness. The white lettering on the credits in the beginning flash green. Supposed to stay just white. Tried all the different hdr settings. Im using with a C3 oled.

Attached Files:

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Not much to go on there except for the name of the movie!

11. Michael McElyea

Its John Carpenters Prince of Darkness ripped with DVDfab to MKV dolby vision. All hdr VS10 settings show the same flashing green on my UHD5000. The disc playing dolby vision does not. tried going direct to LG c3 and through my Marantz. Same issue. Is there other info that would help. This isnt the only movie ive seen flashing colors but this is the most obvious.

Thanks
    Mike

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Maybe create a 5 minute extract fro the file using MKVToolNix and uploading to Mega? I could then d/l and see if get same issue.

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What's interesting is that it does it in all VS10 modes.

My guess is that this is one of those badly encoded discs where there are visual discrepancies caused by the RPU which are compensated for by the enhancement layer.

You don't see these discrepancies in the HDR10 layer by itself, but if you add the RPU without the enhancement layer (which is what the Zidoo does in all VS10 modes and native Dolby Vision) then you get the discrepancy from the RPU but not the compensation by the enhancement layer.

I could tell you for sure if you can provide a short clip of those credits.

*Edit*

Actually it's a bit more interesting - the only discs I'm aware of that do this are Saving Private Ryan, Power Rangers and the original Total Recall and these were released in the early days of HDR/Dolby Vision when both the HDR10 and Dolby Vision workflow weren't as well understood as they are today.

I assumed this was a recent disc, but just read up on it, and the 4K restoration with Dolby Vision mastering to DCP and BluRay was done in 2018 which kind of ties in with the above... So yeah, I'd be interested to see a clip of this...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  14. supermood

supermood Active Member

if you bought there you send it back there you surely don't need a personal connect for that. let us know if any problems I'm very interested in their return handlings myself with everything you read here

15. Michael McElyea

Ill give that a try tonight. Thanks

16. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

I have the same issues, numbers of my MKV's that worked perfectly with my Zappiti Pro shows slowdowns, it's very discret but still here. So disappointed !
    This player (UHD5000) sucks

17. DarthPrater

DarthPrater New Member

Does anyone have a solution to the 3D issue? Nothing except direct 3D rips from my discs are playing now. Everything else is unplayable.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Id say , get Mediainfo tool ,a good free app
    Check the files youve burnt yourself ,that work ,vs the downloaded ones that dont
    Work out what the differences are between the two types ,then youll maybe have some info that Zidoo Dev team can actually work with

DarthPrater likes this.
  19. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Within 30 days you can return the device at your own expense, all clarified on the website: Refund policy – Zidoo

20. AlecT

AlecT New Member

It's a realtek problem. Player does not ignore EL properly. Same problem on dune hd real vision. Don't think zidoo can fix it.