Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619BPD Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 30, 2023.

1. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    So thats the reason i do not get good picture quality while watching HDR file. ?
    Vertex 2 does give natural picture quality?

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I can only assume that you are possibly conflating Mark's partial response snippet with your issue... the lack of an HDR message (SEI) only comes into play if you are using the LLDV HDR output option. All other Zidoo HDR options are output with the HDR message as needed... You most likely have something else going on... unless of course you are trying to use the LLDV option?

3. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

My hdr option is on Auto. Dv plays so much yellowish. Even some HDR movies are too warm but when same files i play via usb in oled than colors and tone everything is fine.

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, you have something set up wrong then...

5. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

So. What shall i do? How can i fix it? Or hdfury may help?

6. Mensy

Mensy New Member

Do you use TV led or player led for dolby vision ?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  7. by96

by96 Member

Hello all. I am new here. Just received a UHD5000 today (to replace an almost defunct Zappiti). I am anxious to learn about the Zidoo, but have one initial question for the setup. I use a Lumagen Radiance Pro and want it to do all the video processing. How can I set the Zidoo to send HDR for HDR content and SDR for SDR content without any alterations. I found the setting for how to maintain source resolution and refresh rate (so the LRP can do the upscaling of resolution), but I am confused by the HDR options. I need whichever setting passes through the video unaltered from the source.

Thank you so much!

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Take a look at this thread

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...r-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619bpd-players.95967/

9. by96

by96 Member

Thank you. I had reviewed the thread and didn’t see anything about unaltered pass through of video, but I reviewed it again and saw that “auto” is used for native, which I assume means unaltered. If anyone can confirm that "auto" is the best setting for unaltered passthrough of video, that would be great. Thanks again!

10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, of course, Auto would be the choice. In addition, this should be easy to verify by using the Info button which will show you exactly what signal the Zidoo is outputting to your display or processor.

by96 likes this.
  11. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

I have a LG C3 witht the new Z2000 Pro. Are the default settings ok with his TV? Info is all over the place???

Cheers

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

13. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Match frame rate and resolution

From the first post only this above needed turning on. I'll have a go cheers

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  14. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

Is there a way to customise backgrounds for TV epsisodes? (some scraped are very low quality)

15. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

Yes, if you set up your file structure as TV Show->Season 1, if you put your pics in the folder, you can basically have per episode images. Images in the TV Show folder can be main images, and then per season can have images, and per show also. I haven't gotten that far into it, but doable I believe. You can use a program like TMM or similar to do it for you. Also, that allows you to select a specific resolution quality for the images too. Granted, depending on the show, it may or may not have the quality you are looking for, or even the images for season or episode. You can also do a screen cap of each episode and do it yourself. I believe there are guides on here somewhere that gives you the naming convention you should use. Good luck.

16. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

Thanks, I've tried to doing this by puting a jpg in the season folder, but couldn't get it to work, this is what I tried:

TV Show\Season No\Episode name.mkv
    TV Show\Season No\Episode name-background.jpg

This isn't working for me, also tried replacing - with a space and just "Episode name.jpg" but no joy

Has anyone got this working?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  17. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

Try the following:

TV Show\Season No\Episode name-poster.jpg

the only difference between the file name is the addition of “-poster”.

I believe the images you want are the following names:

-poster
    If that doesn’t work try “-portrait”

also for background specifically I think the following may work:

-landscape
    And/or
    -fanart

let me know if that helps.

also you may need to run a scan again on the drive to redo the images. Not 100% sure though. Someone else may be able to give feedback on that.

18. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

-fanart works but seems to take ages to actually show - refreshed metadata, restarted the device and re-scanned source - didn't show. But them next day when I checked, it showed up!!

edit: -thumb as default by TMM also works so good to go now

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    Onwrathz likes this.
  19. by96

by96 Member

Hello. I am new to Zidoo, having just switched from Zappiti, and I have been playing with the UHD5000 for a week or so. I am having some handshake issues. At times, when I start a movie, the screen goes blank and does not come back. I have to turn off the Zidoo and turn it back on to get a response. The Zidoo is hooked up to a Lumagen Radiance Pro, if that matters.

I first had Resolution on Auto, but changed it to be locked at 3840x2160@23Hz. I also had Auto Frame Rate set to match both frame rate and resolution. I changed it to Match frame rate only. These changes seem to be better. If set Auto Frame Rate to Off, I am getting the movie playback at 60HZz, which doesn't make sense to me, since the Resolution is locked at 23Hz. Or maybe I am completely misunderstanding the settings (which wouldn't be the first time).

At this point, I don't care if the Zidoo does the upscaling for 1080p movies, or if it is done by the Lumagen. However, I don't want to watch the movies at 60Hz.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't have one to test, but I think the ideal settings for an LRP would be:

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Match frame rate and resolution

Display/Resolution: 3840x2160p 23Hz *

Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Deep Colour compatibility mode: Turn Off
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Signal format: Enhanced format

Display/HDR: Auto

* Personal preference - with AFR on this only affects the GUI

But I think from what you've said, you've already tried this.

This would output in native resolution, native frame rate and native HDR mode as long as the EDID allows - the only caveat I think would be Profile 5 Dolby Vision because afaik the LRP doesn't support that.

If this doesn't work can you post your EDID and I'll see what that does to a box here.

The screen going blank seems to indicate either the Zidoo or the LRP producing an HDMI mode that the display doesn't like.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)