EverSolo DMP-A6 beta firmware v1.2.05

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by McBluna, Oct 9, 2023.

1. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Did you join the beta (open the App page in the Play Store in your phone)?
    upload_2023-10-9_15-44-55.png

Scratch that - it's probably a manually loaded apk

2. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Patience was never an audiophile’s virtue:D

Alan Rutlidge and N00brx like this.
  3. kc001

kc001 Active Member

:D:)

4. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Fyi, no change in the screensaver function (in this beta)

5. Yaniv Dayan

Yaniv Dayan New Member

You can disable the spectrum in display settings (new checkbox)

6. kc001

kc001 Active Member

You mean the playback details one? It worked, but isn't it supposed to be for the Internal Player? I was using Roon :confused:
    upload_2023-10-9_16-14-55.png

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For multiple updates to work also the updated Eversolo Controller is clearly needed as reflected by the the change log.
    The Google Playstore is not updated! One needs to go to the Eversolo site (not Eversolo on the Zidoo site) and get it manually there.
    Next one needs to ignore the version info on the download page as it is neither updated. :eek:
    But doing all that it next downloads and installs the correct version. :rolleyes:

1) The Spectrum analyzer is very nicely implemented as I frankly expected.
    - It has various themes which can be swiped.
    - It can also be turned on as a background for the music player (which I immediately disabled).\
    - Does not combine with MCH DSD (not so strange as that mode eats up the total CPU)

2) Music player got a 3rd theme (turning disc added replacing the cover display on the left).
    - Nice addition :)
    - The promised "Text Only" theme is not included yet. :(

3) Handling huge folders and playlists (above 200) did not improve. Maybe it is even slower?

4) Internet Radio got a big update and is looking a lot better regarding functionality. Starting to like it above all the "Local Stations" selection and support for "Custom stations".

5) Mute of the first second of the title of a playlist (and repeated after audio source format changes within a playlist) was solved? This to be reported by those having big troubles with it.
    Can only state that I did not hear it yet.

6) Using my External USB CD-player works a lot better but still needs attention:
    - The long/hard seek noises when loading and changing tracks are gone. Much faster doing so too. It in fact is usable as a real disc player in this state with my dirty cheap USB-player. It found the metadata including the covers too.
    - But it still does not like all my discs: With some discs the CD-player APP crashes and exits at loading, it keeps trying cycling in a loop it seems? Problem with multi-disc releases only? Specifically my double CD's failed totally to read each time only one of the discs curious enough.
    - Not always the metadata is found.
    Reading a CD that is not audio only (enhanced CDs, very common in the past). The Eversolo remains searching for CD information, like in an infinite loop.

- Ripping worked and was fast as on a PC. Discs that played also could be ripped. The option to include numbering was not remembered.

7) Plex and Emby choices indeed pop up under Main => Streaming Services => Music Cloud Drivers.
    The link for the tutorial:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMdHq7AxL7BcSqrC8OW3UVrGoDiLYZyZ/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs
    Enough media players around to use one as an Emby server (=under Android).

8) Using the VU meters when playing DSD sources will lead to a crash of the Music Player.

9) With some albums I still do get " No playback content" on my Android Eversolo Controller. It plays and shows up normal on the Front Panel.

It is a good update and looks stable enough to give it a try for those waiting for specific changes included.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    Ericks, Korvenwin and jonnn like this.
  8. NWN

NWN Member

How do you even update? Downloaded the zip file, extracted onto an USB, then a6 says he can't find an update file although there are files unzipped on my usb and upgraded client with the beta apk

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It writes nowhere that you need to unzip it. Leave it as is!

10. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Don't unzip the FW file. Leave the whole ZIP file on the USB.

11. NWN

NWN Member

I thought that too but then the A6 says that it doesn't support that kind of (zip) file.

neoitata likes this.
  12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Where doesn't it support it? You don't upload it through the browser interface, do you? You copy it manually on the USB stick using the file manager of your computer / laptop.

13. NWN

NWN Member

It works now. Thought I had a corrupted download so downloaded it again which adds an (1) in the filename. The a6 doesn't like that an expects the exact filename as downloaded

14. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The Play Store hasn't updated yet. I've got the latest version from the EverSolo download page. Downloading the APK to your phone and install it from local storage should work.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks'

OK One needs to go to the Eversolo site not Eversolo on the Zidoo site which I tried before.
    Next one needs to ignore the version info on the download page as it is not updated. :eek:
    But doing all that it next downloads and installs the correct version. :rolleyes:

McBluna likes this.
  16. Dusty

Dusty Member

I installed the beta because I need the custom url radio. And it works except it’s limited to 320kbs. The stream is a FLAC stream yet the dmp-6 says it’s 320kbs. This should get addressed. Also, you should be able to edit an existing radio station or reorder the favorites.

17. Dusty

Dusty Member

The sorting of favorite albums in tidal does not get stored. Every time I access favorite albums in tidal I have to select the preferred sorting. Also, the 0.2 sec of not playing the beginning of every song is still there. Just play a playlist on tidal and press next, wait 3-5 seconds, press next again. It will fail to start the song from 0:00.000. This beta doesn’t really help me much. Although I have my favorite radio station it isn’t FLAC and I’m paying a subscription for nothing now.

Let’s hope these issues get sorted.

18. Dusty

Dusty Member

Small correction: the flac radio seems to be flac. My router displays 1mbs download (for this device alone) when streaming the flac version and 300 kbs when streaming the 256 kbs aac version. So it seems it’s only a label issue.

19. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Good news and lots of stuff. But I'll wait until its official. I guess I'm not an audiophile. ;)

20. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

First of all, it's great to see Eversolo/Zidoo being active with these firmware updates!

I installed the beta firmware V1.2.05 to see if the issue of skipping the beginning of a track was fixed.
    From what I understand a 200 ms muting is used to suppress pops and clicks when changing between different sample rates and formats.

The issue seems to have improved a bit but the A6 isn't quite there yet. I still have FLAC, DSF and streaming files that won't play from the very beginning, just less of them.
    I remain hopeful!