Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Have you checked out USB Audio Player PRO (extreamsd.com)

Im using all day long to play my dsf files or 24-192 type stuff via USB to my Topping E50 Dac
    Works fine accessing all the files from a 2 TB HDD on one of the USB 2 ports

little bit of a pain in controls cos designed for swipe access but im using the Z9X remote in mouse mode and my Panasonic TV remote for the up down scroll pages etc

2. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Yes I currently use internal Zidoo apps but there are other 3rd party ones that I really like and would like to use. I already played with all settings including permissions. It appears that Android OS is blocking external files and Zidoo and some other apps work around it somehow while the others don't.

3. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I don't want to use UAP. The Zidoo player is good enough but I like other apps due to their cool UI. Vinylage is another great looking app but doesn't work.

[​IMG]

4. hashya

hashya New Member

Hi, does anyone have a solution to this actually?

I am facing the same issue of not being able to play any files from the webdav, but they are able to be located.

5. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Meanwhile....in other news...

upload_2023-10-2_21-7-12.gif

Sorry @Markswift2003 , one of those days :)

crutzulee, Markswift2003 and xskip like this.
  6. enry184

enry184 Member

Hi everyone, I own a Zidoo UHD3000. I've never understood why some Bluray ISO files with menus start without any problem while others don't. It's a problem that they have never managed to solve with any firmware update

7. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

Since v6.4.42
    Poster Wall
    13. New Web interface and system for Poster Wall

For me this "new" web interface doesn´t work at all. I can access it only when HT on the media player (Zidoo 1000 Pro) is running, and even then I have only some minutes to change something and then it freezes. Also movie covers are not shown (just a few at the beginning) - it´s nice but complete useless. I would like to change some covers to local ones stored on my NAS, this does not work anymore (was working with the old web interface), and even changing existing covers does not work, again it freezes.

I really hope this will be fixed, and as everybody here I really hope there will be some more firmware upgrades in future

8. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Where's the final version???

9. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

The latest firmware is 6.4.62
    The Zidoo needs to be powered up in order to access the web edit app.

fsim2000 likes this.
  10. Netmask

11. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

12. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Does anyone know how fast would transferring about 800 GB of data be between 2 internal HDDs on the UHD3000 or should I do it via a USB dock? From what I understand the drivers are configured as (show up as) USB storage and not SATA storage on Android.

13. Netmask

I just clocked 101Mb/s for a 695 MB (729,098,958 bytes) file. About 4 seconds I did it from my PC, a window for each drive over the network, Ethernet and dragged and dropped from one window to the other, both internals.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. K.W.H.

K.W.H. New Member

Is 6.4.62 the last firmware ever for the 1695DR or are we going to get a newer one?

15. Netmask

I suspect there will be more but the wait between releases is getting longer.

16. vddan

vddan Active Member

SO ! let's dream.........maybe every 6 months!!!!!
    Here we are !!

17. BREY

BREY Member

Don’t forget - the previous firmware was released half a year ago (and half a year after the previous one) only because new models were being prepared. it was necessary to mislead the people that work was being carried out. so we are waiting: as soon as there is an announcement of new models, they will immediately lure people with new firmware for the previous model range.

18. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Older models have fewer bugs so less frequent releases. Mark did say there is one planned after the holidays. So let's wait few more days.

19. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

These are great players and currently provide very good functionality for the money, I really love my UHD3000. However, this seems like an odd place to stop development whatsoever to these players. There are still a few major known bugs, but lots of little quirks that need addressing as well. You’d think they’d at least get the players to a final 6.5 version that is fully stable. I’m fine if they don’t want to add or enhance any new features going forward, but at least iron out the remaining kinks.

I picked Zidoo over the other brands, and don’t regret it necessarily.. but their silence is a little surprising and definitely disappointing. Makes me reconsider upgrading or buying future products if they are going to abandon them so quickly.

20. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    Visconti12 and Deano86 like this.