Beta version v1.0.52 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jul 21, 2023.

1. geebolt

geebolt Member

Well since you mentioned that Markswift2003 is the only one here saying they don't have the issue I will add that I can't replicate your issue either. Not saying that you or others do not have problems but it isn't something that affects all users. Z2600 user here.

2. rola

rola Member

Well, I’m not having those problems either. I have a Z2000.

geebolt likes this.
  3. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Just replaced my previous z10x with the pro and it’s a dumpster fire unfortunately. When it plays videos (all 4k blu ray rips), they stutter, and about 50% of the time when they start to play, it’s just a black screen and the device goes completely unresponsive. Also, SMB shares don’t connect on startup which is extremely irritating. I have to browse to them in the media browser to force the Zidoo to reconnect.

Never had these issues with the previous Zidoo. Wish I hadn’t sold my previous Zidoo, as it was much better then this new one. I’ve gone back to the shield for now, which plays everything fine for now and doesn’t have all these teething problems.

Tarantula likes this.
  4. xskip

xskip Active Member

I’m not having those problems either.

geebolt likes this.
  5. Albaintor

Albaintor New Member

Clearly indeed we are several people who suffer this issue (I would say many) although not all of us do, so you (Zidoo) have to investigate and fix it because this device is unusable (daily reboots to make it work is a pain)

It is not a HDD matter (I have an internal HDD but the problem occurs with samba shares), although it may be a possible cause (having a HDD)

Previously I had a DuneHD real vision 4K (wich is similar to Z9X) with exactly the same configuration (hardware, video library ...) and I didn't have any problem with it.

Tarantula and Venmaster like this.
  6. nutzer

nutzer New Member

just to chime in here as well: having huge problems with z9x pro: playback freezes after 3 sec. not for all files, but many (mkv).
    just can't seem to troubleshoot the issue.
    already "reported" it in another thread and sent email to zidoo-support. was asked if i was on latest firmware...funny :mad:

also offered debug log...but nothing...

not really a help. I can second forementioned argument: we paid decent money for the boxes...and i can live with some "beta" bugs...but this is alpha-stage of firmware!
    and even this would (!) be acceptable if customers were taken seriously by support and the issues were actively being fixed in a timely manner. but this is outrageous.

Sorry to be this frank, but customer support is cra.... really disappointed, thought zidoo had higher standards..

by looking into the debug logs, problems should be solvable for the devs...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

How do I replicate it then?

Or maybe a debug log?

If you do supply a log - only include this issue - ie, start the box, start debug and immediately play a file, allow the fault to manifest then immediately stop debug.

So far all we have are a couple of anecdotal reports which, because the problem is limited to a few users, appears to be environmental rather than endemic to the box/firmware.

There's quite obviously an issue here but in order to fix it we have to identify what causes it and the information provided so far (whether typed in capitals or not) is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

8. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Hi !
    What is truly scandalous is to deliver a new device with buggy firmware.
    I have slowdowns on my mkv's (H265 remux 4K), and sometimes they doesn't starts, i have to restart the device

fnhanks, Tarantula and Venmaster like this.
  9. The only thing that is absolutely clear for anyone who is following this forum and their threads is that various Zidoo models from older to the latest suffer from all kinds of different problems.

And though not every problem affects everybody and some of them are hard to replicate by others it does not mean they don't exist.

I believe that not a single customer here who makes notice of the problem(s) they encounter does that for fun......

Time for Zidoo and their administrators to take this a bit more seriousley.

10. I experience the same problems with MKV files to.

However when using tsmuxer to transfer the content of the MKV container into a M2TS container the problems are solved.

Perhaps this works for you too

11. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I do not have the sleep setting active it is turned off.

Also, I originally used a 10TB HDD and had the issue and swapped it out for the 16TB and the issue persists. This is in no way an HDD issue, the problem persists with files not just on the internal HDD but with files also on my NAS and or USB devices.

I have tested all files and they are not the issue either as they play fine when pushed to other devices such as my laptop, my TV, or Firestick.

The Zidoo O/S / PosterWall / Player is the clear issue here in what seems like a memory leak.

I've even tried a fresh install to try to resolve it but sadly the problem remains with this current firmware.

This along with the SAMBA internal HDD bug is becoming extremely frustrating and makes me question how a company can release hardware with this current set of software bugs knowing full well that it's not working 100% and it angers me.

These boxes are far from cheap and to warrant their price tag with the current issues seems scanderless.

12. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I will create a debug log for you but from looking at the debug log thread from another* having the same issue there has been zero response from devs.

13. I dont have playback issues whit my uhd5000 never have to restart it.but I don't use samba to my nas and I have a really big library 200tb the uhd5000 is working perfectly

14. Markswift2003

Which debug log thread?

15. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    dr4go likes this.
  16. DrGiggles

DrGiggles Member

@Markswift2003
    About when is the new firmware for the Z9X Pro expected? We would like to finish testing the picture quality of the device, but we can't because of the greyish black bars.

17. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

It's very strange indeed
    The slowdowns I'm talking about are really very subtle, and almost imperceptible; for example, my partner didn't notice them.
    Those files are very clean, and works perfectly on my Zappiti Pro.

18. Markswift2003

I've been told to expect it this month but the grey bars shouldn't affect you - It's only the video background layer that's raised so it only affects cropped content. The video overlay levels are correct.

dr4go likes this.
  19. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

I've also grey bars, when I play a cropped mkv... Very ugly...

20. Markswift2003

dr4go and xskip like this.