All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I assumed because you're asking about custom EDIDs that you are using LLDV.

Those custom EDIDs are for LLDV and the 100-10,000nits refers to the luminance defined in the Dolby Vision section of the EDID.

If you don't use a custom EDID then it doesn't matter - the Z9X will just use the EDID from the projector.

DonnieYen likes this.
  2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

The power downgrade is Pathetic!!! I definatly will not be buying these models. They just shoot themselves in the foot with that horrible decision. Who in there right mind thinks less power on a upgraded machine is logical? Sorry but my Z9x Is better cause I can connect all my hard drives to it. "Let's give them less and charge more" Duh!

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Really have no idea what you're on about, but it's nice you're being more positive than usual.

Deano86 likes this.
  4. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

can you provide me the picture of the power supply in this link?
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/the-ultimate-psu-replacement-shared-2x-60w-linear-psu.81887/

5. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

Have a Z1000 Pro. Have a lot of multichannel albums ripped to flac. Don't seems like gapless playback works with flac. Tried with a album converted to dsd and gapless worked fine with this. Is this a problem with Z1000 because gapless works fine with flac on my Panasonic Blu-ray player.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  6. Pete B

Pete B Member

I have the Z9X and it won't play 4.0/5.1 FLAC gaplessly. Stereo FLAC/dsf and 4.0/5.1 dsf all play gaplessly though.

7. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

Same experience her + wav 5.1 not gapless playback. Have you tried DTS-CD's? I hear a couple of clicks between tracks.

8. Pete B

Pete B Member

I don't have any DTS-CDs but have noticed faint clicks at the start of some dsf's that I've backed up from SACD. Nothing too distracting though and not something that has you wondering if your speakers will pop a cog.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I always play the native SACD in ISO (a lot smaller that way too). Have a very few albums just in DSF/DFF.

Pete B likes this.
  10. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Das kann ich nicht bestätigen, habe selber einen Z9X, einen Panasonic UB824 und einen Oppo. Der Oppo stellt das DV-Bild, am kontrastreichsten und schärfsten, dar. Der Panasonic macht auch ein sehr gutes DV-Bild mit tollen Farben. Beim Z9X sieht mir das DV-Bild zu, übertrieben gesagt, zu verwaschen aus, als wenn das letzte Quäntchen Kontrast und Schärfe fehlt. Bei HDR-Bildern fallen die Unterschiede, bei allen Playern, nicht so gravierend aus, da machen alle einen guten Job. Aber der Oppo macht das Bild einfach schärfer und plastischer. Aber jeder das Seine, zB der Zidoo ist ein Allrounder und hat deshalb auch seine Vorzüge.

11. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

For those who have tried the UHD-5000 , what have you found in comparing it to the UHD 3000 which I have now, which does NOT play 4K 60 files unless they are HEVC, the video will stutter and audio out of sync. otherwise a nice player

If the model 5000 could play 4K 60 files of all kind, I would be interested in it

12. V.Florin

V.Florin New Member

Hello, can you support me and write how you connect everything?
    I want to sync lights too

13. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey Guys

I Have a Z1000Pro wondering if its worth upgrading to the Z2000Pro ? sorry if this has been asked here had a look around but cant find that specific question

Nedy71 likes this.
  14. SpykeSIK

SpykeSIK New Member

Hey

Is there any advantages in VS10 engine on Zidoo Z9X Pro over base Z9X? Will I get better picture with DV/HDR -> SDR tone mapping or SDR/HDR -> LLDV on new model?

I have a Nvidia Shield 2019 with a JVC DLA-X5900 and HDFury Diva right now.

Ben602 likes this.
  15. 5levels

5levels New Member

I own a Zidoo Z1000 pro and I have a couple questions:
    • is it worth upgrading to the new Zidoo Z2000 pro?
    • Did these hardware upgrades make the navigations faster and is it better in terms of picture quality and 4K upscaling?

Nedy71, rozel and Ben602 like this.
  16. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That's a question that I've asked - I'm wondering the same is it worth upgrading

Nedy71 likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Only if you are looking for one of the new features like AV1 display.
    I would not buy an old model anymore but keep my money in the pocket for something really new.

I my perception the new models were introduced to keep the competition at a distance.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    Nedy71 likes this.
  18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I fully agree with your perception and the upgrade won't make any appreciable difference!!

Nedy71 likes this.
  19. ulysse31

ulysse31 New Member

Good morning,

I own the neo s and the 5000 recently.
    For the moment I cannot compare them because I am abroad.

If I compare the video part, we could say that it is the same except that the 5000 seems to go further because of the new thumb.

But it's the audio part that interests me.
    I compared the neo s and 5000 audio characteristics. It seems to me, I'm not an expert, that apart from the double dac, the xlr and rca data seem better on the 5000 than on the neo s. Besides, I wonder if a double dac 9068 and a single dac, the difference is really audible.

So, I said to myself that given the price difference, wouldn't it be more interesting to take the 5000 and add a slms 9039ms pro dac or akm 4999 dac (slms ex or es) for the stereo.

What do you think?

THANKS

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

wouldnt you be better just getting the eversolo dmp a6 or the even better a8

Thatll give you an excellent DAC with ability to play MCH dsd