Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy New Member

Just to clarify; I am fully aware of how to convert DSD/DSF etc. to PCM. I do so all the time because I have to. Because nothing on the market until now could transport DSD over HDMI. So PCM is the fall back.

In my view, that is throwing away the beauty of DSD capture. DSD is more analog like in its methodology and in my opinion sound quality.

For what its worth, I don't have interest in purchasing a DAC to enable DoP streaming via USB. It is just one more piece of equipment that would be supplanted by DSD over HDMI. Also, I could output DSD over USB now on my HTPC. That is because JRiver supports DoP. I would just need the appropriate DAC. I just don't want to utilize that approach.

My receiver can already access DSD/DSF rips from my NAS but I would rather just dump a SACD ISO rip to the Zidoo and play it from there via HDMI.

The new Z20Pro specs imply DSD over HDMI. I am just trying to flesh this out. Nice Monkey continues to refer to older models and I am not convinced that information relates to the new models. The sister brand definitely has a new streamer that can do DSD over HDMI. So the Z20Pro could potentially do that also.

2. Dan

Dan Member

Updated and now plays correctly :)

3. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

I crossed off issues that are solved with most recent update. Won't update this any further as there is a proper FW thread now

4. Is the movie library on the z9x compatible with the z9x pro?

5. trafficlightslave

trafficlightslave New Member

Where are the Realtek developer options???

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Yes it is. The internal structure of Home Theater did not change.

7. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Good evening.
    Does the z20 pro have the black UI? ( cancer i think it is called?)
    Or is that UI used in the z2000 pro and up?

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

can be installed anyway if it's not coming with it.

9. darky_zidoo

oh that is nice ( although I am not always succesfull with apk updates)

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Developer options are not enabled by default but can be enabled in the usual way.

However there is little point in doing this since all relevant settings are reflected in the GUI.

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

darky_zidoo likes this.
  12. darky_zidoo

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Yes, it's only a launcher so no root needed.

15. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I have deactivated the animations there and the player changes menus etc. more quickly ;)

xskip likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Fair comment - Which animations does it affect?

17. Sam Abraham

Sam Abraham New Member

With android 11, are you getting auto framerate using smarttube?

18. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

Anybody know if these new Zidoo's handle large hard drives properly - I have an 18TB plugged into my Z9X and it screws up a fair bit, as I have to connect it to my main PC sometimes to do a scan, to fix disk errors sometimes, after writing to it over SMB!

I think the underlying problem is Android, but well, anyway just wondering.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. darky_zidoo

Support SATA/USB hard drives(3.5/2.5), up to 16TB; Support external BD(unencrypted)/ CD discs.

This is from the website.

gollygosh likes this.
  20. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I have the pro1000 and I am right now moving the data from a 14 TB to a 12 TB in hopes it will handle it better than it does with the 14. I used a 10 TB before and it was fine. The 14 seems to "glitch" quite a lot. Hope downsizing the drive will help.