All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. rockmeloman

rockmeloman New Member

Now the Z9X is already third in line for a firmware update as an obsolete model. The first are new models, the second are NEO S/NEO Alpha/NEO X

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not really the Z9X line and the Neo line run in parallel regarding FW development. For the Neo line there are no replacement models announced yet.
    Frankly I expect/hope regarding FW this will become a 3rd parallel track. HW differences are minimal. The different Android OS + Realtek SDK as a basis per line is the main element to deal with resulting in parallel tracks.

My guess the Neo line gets at least a FW refresh with goodies coming from DMP-A6 for the music playback. That really could boost those sales. Maybe also Neo S and Neo Alpha then get a HW refresh regarding RTD1619BPD?

But yes the FW for Z9X PRO will/might probably now be released first as the try out. Other models and parallel tracks to follow relative soon (but yes may take some weeks).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    rockmeloman likes this.
  3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

OK I now have my Z9X Pro - needs setting up. Any news on that firmware? Where will it be posted. Cheers

4. vddan

vddan Active Member

Bravo great ........... you can tell us about the new parameters of the VS10 and that that gives the screen ............. thank you in advance! ;)

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not heard from anyone today... What version does it ship with?

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

V1.0.22

7. Markswift2003

Ok, that was the same I got...

8. rola

rola Member

Is it possible to transfer all settings from z1000 pro to z2000 pro? And is it the same posterwall?

9. Markswift2003

No, there is no settings export function. Also some settings are different.

It's the same Posterwall albeit a different version number.

10. rola

rola Member

what is included in the export/import function? Also is it possible to transfer sources? Or do one have to enter them all over and do a full scraping?

11. Markswift2003

Import/Export backs up the SQLite database - it doesn't backup art, so when you restore the art is dragged from the internet again.

You can also Export art and NFOs which means you can retain all your current artwork and use NFOs to rescrape instead of the backup if you wish.

Or you can use a combination of backup/restore and local art. See this video by @OlivierQC :

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-video-tutorial.93354/page-3#post-181858

12. rola

rola Member

Thanks Mark!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

Hi Mark. I read Nice Monkey's article on page 1 about dolby vision, zidoo's player supports playback of DV profile 7 MEL and FEL. I don't know if that's correct

Attached Files:

14. Markswift2003

DonnieYen likes this.
  15. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

Thank you very much. I have a few more questions that I hope you can answer! Please!
    I just received z9x pro today. The HDR tab only has DV VS10 out put HDR and DV VS10 out put SDR. I no longer see the appearance of DV VS 10 for all content.
    Is there a way to reuse that feature like on the Z9X. Hope you help! And in the EDID list 100nit - 10000 nit. How do I determine how many nits are appropriate for the projector I am using?
    Looking forward to your reply soon!

16. Markswift2003

Unfortunately Dolby stepped in here with their size 10 boots and stopped Realtek from providing all the previous VS10 options but the available options are the same as "VS10 for all content" but now you can chose the output mode, SDR, HDR or DV depending what display you have.

DonnieYen likes this.
  17. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

18. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

And EDID list 100nit - 10000 nit.
    is there a way to tell if the projector I'm using is suitable for a 100 nit or 400 nit or 10000 nit EDID file? Or will I have to try each EDID to find the right one

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  19. Markswift2003

It depends how HDR mode is invoked when using LLDV.

How are you switching the projector into HDR when input is LLDV?

DonnieYen likes this.
  20. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

I do not understand you. the projector i am using is vivitek hk2288. The HDR mode on my projector is set to normal. when i use z9x i don't choose to enable EDID i just use DV VS10 for all content. so i would like to ask how do i know which EDID is right for my projector