Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. gladiator

gladiator Member

order z9x pro ( selled my z9x)
    cant wait to get it....

2. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

bought mine from Futeko and the service was excellent.

blenky and Markswift2003 like this.
  3. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Yea not even the normal Z9x is available on Amazon USA anymore. What happened?

Edit: still available on the official store

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  4. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Would prefer to buy from Amazon. Z9X feels slow... navigating menus, scraping movies/shows... even if Pro is a bit faster, I'll take it.

Had Dune Pro for a week and liked option to use Android TV interface, and box felt much snappier than Z9X, but Kodi just didn't work right with external player set-up... and their support... well, sucks... as there is nothing. No reply to emails, no support forum.

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I agree Futeko are great. I had an issue with my Z9X when new. It bricked when trying to roll back a firmware. They replaced it without an issue.

darkeyes909 and vddan like this.
  6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

anything about QMS being added to the new boxes or maybe to the old ones too? now that I got the OLED C3 that supports QMS would be nice to get rid of the black screens when start/stop media.

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

QMS req Hdmi 2.1 for a start
    So old boxes no
    New ones we have no idea if they are in fact Hdmi 2.1
    How does one test the port ?

8. Remco

Remco New Member

The sales page for the Z9X Pro states
    "*Support BD/BD3D/UHD full Blu-ray menu and complex MPLS structure Blu-ray seamless branching playback."

Is this improved over the old Z9X? Does this now include the Java menu's?
    This would make managing my library of ISO files a lot easier, right?

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

yeah I guess they would have added QMS to the specifications, I think it's a must have function for the next boxes after the Z9X Pro etc.

10. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    Has anyone noticed any significent improvement in z9x pro picture quality as compare to old gen?
    What other improvements?

11. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

no it's just only another beta player

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

According to Futekos web site first batch of orders to be despatched from tomorrow.

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

It's not out yet. I'm sure there will be comparison discussion when people get there devices in the next few days\weeks

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I don't think Zidoo will ever improve full BD handling. Zidoo should state that although its supported it's not guaranteed.

leviathan likes this.
  15. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Been looking for a while on this but the New Android 11 OS will it allow bigger hard drives to be installed without the faffing about just format to Ntfs or etc

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Only if the Android 11 OS is now a 64 bit version. That in fact could run nicely with 32 Gbyte Flash and 4 Gbyte RAM. No other advantages as far as I am aware as all APP's are 32-bit.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Despatch info on Futeko web site says 27th & 28th June. Anyone got shipping confirmation yet?

18. Jehanzeb

Jehanzeb New Member

Hi everyone, I am new to Zidoo family as I have been a diehard fan of Zappiti players and Plex Media Server. I now want to upgrade to a future proof hi-end media streaming. Please help me make a wise selection. Is UHD5000 the best of the best that Zidoo has to offer? Or should I settle for Z9x Pro as most of the users have great reviews on Z9x. Look forward to your thoughts.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Just got email. Z9x Pro will be with me tomorrow!

rozel and Jehanzeb like this.
  20. Jehanzeb

Jehanzeb New Member

Do let us know your first-hand experience. All the best.

rozel and blenky like this.