All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Majoha

Majoha New Member

Looking at the futeko links for the Z2000 and the Z2600 but there is no mention in the info how many usb ports there are (i need 4).
    Does someone know ?

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

What ive found
    1 x USB 3.0 * 2 x USB 2.0 *

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Waiting for some clarification on this - the specs on the Zidoo website indicate 2xUSB3 and 2xUSB2 on both but that can't be right.

I haven't seen either model yet, only the Z9X Pro which has 2xUSB2 and 1xUSB3.

My assumption is that the Z2000 has 1xUSB3 (on the back) and 2xUSB2 (on the side) and the Z2600 has 1xUSB3 and 1xUSB3 on the back and the same on the side meaning 2xUSB3 and 2xUSB2.

Note - The images on the website are renders & don't show anything on the side.

Confused?

"You won't be after this week's episode of ... Soap"

4. Majoha

Majoha New Member

yes confused :p i hope it to be the same as the Z1000 pro, if you google search "zidoo 2600 specs" you come on the zidoo site and it says:

1 x 3.0 and 3 x 2.0 (it wouldn't let me link it)

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Z2600 Photos 2X usb Ports 2.0 / 3.0 859E36AE-5655-4F1E-BD39-390F46CD71CB.jpeg
    Z2000 PRO 1x Usb 3.0 on Rear and 2x usb on front drop down flap ?
    Z2600 2x usb on rear and 2xusb on front drop down flap ?

or 2x usb ports to the side like the older Z1000 Pro ( no photos to confirm side ports yet )

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I found one more USB3 missing. One only is not enough!! :( In my own experience, I'm suffering finding how to use/share the available USB3.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

USB3 Hubs and also Switches work just fine with Zidoo players.
    Have a 10x and a 5x USB Docking Station in use. These allow individual plug & Play per slot plus even power on/off.

But anyway strange to see this reduction of USB3 ports.

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I think the transmission speed won't be the same but it maybe a solution for old devices.

9. Nice Monkey

No USB3 is fast enough to keep many HDD's running at their top speed concurrently. DMP-A6 I/O is the limiting factor here.
    On my PC do up to 3 concurrent copies/moves involving 6 HDD's with a single USB3. As fast as doing so via SATA (have a 4 port SATA Docking too).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  10. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

What I don't understand is that they don't change the interface a little, at least that it looks different.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

According to Futekos web site first batch of orders of 1619DR models to be despatched from tomorrow.

xskip likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

RTD1619BPD is meant I guess.

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Doh! :oops:

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

GREAT !! Soon feedback!

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Received despatch email from Futeko. Z9X Pro will be delivered tomorrow.

16. Markswift2003

Look out for new firmware posted tomorrow...

xskip likes this.
  17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Good timing!

18. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

i assume Z9x Pro wil have a different FW , and not compatibel with the current model?

19. Markswift2003

Absolutely!

20. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Looking forward to all the feedback on how different the boxes are.......:oops: