Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

What set of problems are you experiencing with using ZDMC? Are you using v20.1 now with this current v6.4.62 firmware?
    I am using SMB with multiple sources and all my mkv's have been playing fine :cool:

2. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Thank you for your kind help.

So I decided as recommended to re scan all the items in my remote source folder.

Exported the library as NFO to the source folders with art, checked a few random folders and saw that fresh NFOs were created for each folder along side jpeg posters and backdrops, reset the library, deleted the hometheatre folder in the remote source folder, in the settings prioritized NFOs, set custom folder path to storage://Pictures, set the library poster storage to Custom folder exclusively (the bottom option), re scanned the SMB remote source folder.

1 - storage Pictures is empty, where are the locally stored posters and backdrops as defined in the settings.
    2 - the good news is that there was no HomeTheatre folder created on the remote source folder.
    3 - If I reboot the device while disconnecting the LAN cable, then I go to HT4 main page, there is nothing there, no posters shown, empty library. Reconnect the network and the posters appear on the main page.

So is it apparent that Zidoo is not storing or reading posters and backdrops from the Custom storage as specified, but rather from the slower SMB network? Or am I missing something or doing something wrong?

So far after the procedure things seem to be running smoother regardless, no substantial freezing so far. Will see how it holds up over time and normal daily use.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This is unrelated to the database storage location. HT will not show you movies from disconnected sources compared to any other media app.
    We are asking for this features for years. Cast your vote here if you like the idea.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but I don't have any HT crashes on this firmware using original HT that came with the firmware. I don't use NFO and folder path is pointed to storage:// . Trailers are blend of local and online streaming. I have 3 local Zidoo connected drives and 2 on remote SAMBA, NTFS formatted NAS. All of them sleep and I'm used to waiting a bit longer for the movie to start playing.

It's just my 2 cents that this is not all bad version of HT.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

When you use local resources, the .hometheatre folder is only used for settings and logos, although you can also save logos locally as well it's just they are not included in the NFO export because they are only retrieved online at runtime when you access a movie's details.

Once the posters have been cached for the first time they do not need to access the network for that poster - that's why I always recommend scrolling through the posterwall once to cache all the images.

You'll find that the next time you add a movie, the poster and fanart will be retrieved online unless you put art in the folder first, so then the custom folder will be used. Every now and again run the export (I always untick overwrite) so any new posters get saved along with NFOs.

Yoram Ariel likes this.
  6. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Same setup. Took hours setting up to my liking then ZDMC refused to play anything (click, nothing happens). Uninstalled/reinstalled and now I can’t change skins for some reason. I try and it just switches right back again.

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Well, FWIW @Markswift2003 ... last night after turning OFF automatic local trailer playback, I had no crashes. Obviously very limited sample size. I did manually play trailers and then exited out and started the movie a few times... no issues. I will keep like this for a bit and see.

8. Markswift2003

Ok, interesting - so maybe it is something to do with DVDPlayer being used for trailers...

So to confirm you left local trailers on but switched off auto playback?

Can you let me know in a couple of days what happens.

9. thivame

thivame Active Member

I've also set it up in the same way for testing and feedback.

On the other hand, with the last two FW (.60 and .62) HT became (too) slow, has this problem been taken into account to be repaired ??

vddan likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

What do you mean by slow? I haven't seen any difference in performance at all.

What changed in .60 for you?

11. thivame

thivame Active Member

Since FW 0.60, the zidoo has a higher latency between when the remote is pressed and its reaction. HT4 is slower to display categories, widget... with FW 0.42: 1 to 3 seconds, but from firmware 0.60: between 3 and 5 seconds.
    I think it must take longer to load my two small USB3 HDDs.
    In addition, there is a latency in the display of images from the posterwall and yet personalized folder in the root of the zidoo and this each time the posterwall returns (less important after 2 times, but I still notice the loading of the images even after 5 or 6 times). all this did not exist on the 0.42.
    I confirm it because I had returned to 0.42 to control these problems.

Hope that was understandable...

vddan likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

I agree that kind of latency is completely unacceptable but I've no idea what's causing it.

This is my test Z9X on FW v6.4.62 and HT v4.2.51. I used the remote next to the phone so you can hear the remote clicks clearly:

https://streamable.com/21hgro

13. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

The only slowness or lack of immediate response I notice, is when there is going to be an actual crash back to main HT4 screen. Otherwise everything seems to react and respond normally. Unfortunately, I will be out of town until this Thursday evening for additional testing and yes @Markswift2003, I still have local trailers enabled, but just turned off the Auto playback.

Jimibxl likes this.
  14. thivame

thivame Active Member

indeed, on your video it is reactive, for me certain actions on the remote control make a latency of one second before it reacts. however I reset everything, and spent a few hours redoing everything properly with 0.42, 0.60 and 0.62. I went back to 0.60 because too many problems with 0.62 however there is always this slowness which does not exist with the 0.42 I will try to understand why.. would it be because of the usb3?? because even the loading of HT when I start the zidoo is long.. (longer than with 0.42)

vddan likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

I can't see why using USB would make any difference to the GUI speed.

You haven't got any other processes/apks running have you?

16. thivame

thivame Active Member

I don't think it's coming from the USB either, but I'm looking for clues..especially since these symptoms never appeared with the 0.42... as I've already said, I even went back to the 0.42 to check...
    Regarding APKs, I don't have any APKs installed on my zidoo (not even ZDMC).

17. Markswift2003

I'd suggest a database that's been corrupted in some way but that doesn't explain why .42 works fine but .60 onwards doesn't.. Can't see how it would be different, but your HT version is HT v4.2.51 isn't it?

18. thivame

thivame Active Member

yes i've the v4.2.51
    I've just discovered something... when I go to advanced settings, the zidoo finds a corrupted Seagate USB key in storage.
    I don't have a Seagate key, and my two hard drives are well recognized...
    I think I'll do a factory restore to see what happens...
    well, after factory restore , when I connect my HDD 2.5 Maxtor zidoo detects it well with its contents, but at the same time, on the bottom line, it tells me "Seagate key corrupted".
    I checked it on Windows and no problem.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Kcoenen and Koloss like this.
  20. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

Sometimes I lost the samba shares on HT. Sometimes is it enough to restart HT, but other times I have to reboot the whole Z9X