Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Or the ZZZ9Z, or the AI Y9!

2. antr

antr New Member

Spec and pics are from Zidoo website, so either spec or pics are wrong since pics show only one USB3

3. Pateco

Pateco New Member

1 * USB 3.0 on the back and 2 * USB 2.0" on the side, as show on the picture of the Z9X PRO

4. eddy88

eddy88 New Member

People say that the picture quality is the same between the Z9X PRO and Z2000 PRO, so is there any reason to buy the Z2000 PRO?
    I want to watch movies on the projector through my multi-channel speakers by connecting it to my receiver with an HDMI cable.
    Will the Z2000 PRO perform better than the Z9X PRO in terms of audio quality when watching movies, and if not, is the only reason to buy the Z2000 PRO or UHD5000 just because it's better for listening to music?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Image quality and bitstream audio quality will be the same between all models.

Reasons for choosing a Z2000 Pro, Z2600 or UHD5000 include form factor, internal hard discs, internal power supplies, audio only HDMI, DACs etc but for the basics of watching a movie, they all perform exactly the same.

6. delamelon

delamelon New Member

okay for the video, but the change in power supply really has an impact on the sound (on my equipment).

7. eddy88

eddy88 New Member

Is the sound better when watching movies?

8. delamelon

delamelon New Member

clearly.
    I have a Z1000Pro whose power supply I changed to a linear and the sound is better now.
    I think I'm at the level of the UHD3000.

why do all the manufacturers put linear power supplies on the high end ones?

9. eddy88

eddy88 New Member

audio is better, but the picture quality is the same, right?
    Interesting

10. Markswift2003

USA, xskip, Yohmi and 2 others like this.
  11. delamelon

delamelon New Member

"stop the forums and trust your ears"

Julius Caesar 1842

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Tried a big 12V 5A linear PSU with my Z9X (and other brands with 12V plug) but never could hear an improvement via HDMI. it is now stored in my attic.
    Also UHD3000 sounds the same for me via HDMI (Hybrid PSU).

I think the sound via HDMI is the best with the Eversolo DMP-A6. Al least on par with Neo X and Neo Alpha. Did not do real A-B hearing tests yet.

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

1842? He lived 100-44 BC!

14. Markswift2003

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"
    Isaac Newton 1674

blenky likes this.
  15. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

The bluetooth remote only comes in the Pro models, correct?
    i.e. Z2000Pro, Z2600, UHD5000?

16. Markswift2003

Yes, the Z9X Pro comes with an IR remote.

clueluzz likes this.
  17. eddy88

eddy88 New Member

When will the Z9X and Z2000 PRO be available for sale on Amazon(USA) or official Zidoo store?
    Why is the official Zidoo store delayed when other dealers are having pre-sales?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  18. Markswift2003

19. Markswift2003

I assume it's just how the supply chain works - stock goes out to main dealers first and then finds its way to Amazon. Not sure about the Zidoo store, but again, I'd expect main dealers to take priority because they can handle the volume.

eddy88 likes this.
  20. eddy88

eddy88 New Member

I am waiting for amazon because I have to pay with amazon only.
    Thanks for the answer :)