Upcoming Zidoo Model Z9X Pro and Z20 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by McBluna, Apr 26, 2023.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Just checked that link and it says €204,10. Waiting for Futeko pre order

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Bodes well..

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. gladiator

gladiator Member

hi guys , i have today the z9x and i dont need hdd bay
    the z9x pro will be good for me ( playes all the media from my nas )
    i see the Comparison and its basicly the hardware is the same ?

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

if you have Z9X today no need to buy Z9X Pro, wait for next boxes.

6. gladiator

gladiator Member

you realy think i will not get any improvment ?

7. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Notable changes to previous generation are:
    • AV1 decoding
    • Android 11
    • All models come with 4GB RAM
    • ARM Cortex-A55 quad-core vs. hexa-core but clocked higher
    • Mali-G57 GPU vs Mali-G51
    • NPU: 1.6TOPS
    • Bluetooth 5.2 vs 4.2
    • WiFi 6 (ax) support

FrostByte likes this.
  8. gladiator

gladiator Member

i think its worth to upgrade ... dont you ...?

9. Markswift2003

I've been testing one for quite a while and yes, I think so.

Ok, It's not a major upgrade so it's not strictly necessary to upgrade, but if you want something shiny and new, then yes it's worth it.

There are a few firmware niggles at the moment but hopefully they'll be sorted soon.

One thing to be aware of is that the VS10 options have changed - instead of choosing the VS10 mode based on the input file HDR format, the VS10 output format can be chosen based on the EDID.

This is at Dolby's insistence apparently and not under Zidoo's control although it does make using VS10 easier as you don't have to mess with the EDID to output in a different HDR mode.

upload_2023-6-17_15-10-58.png

darkeyes909 likes this.
  10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I do. It's not a massive upgrade and I can understand a lot of people with a Z9X may hold on until new generation. I've had the Z9X since launch and fancy a new shiny box! Hopefully with more RAM and overall increase in specs it will be a bit slicker in HT4 etc.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Hopefully I will get a Z9X Pro shipped at the end of this month. Are these niggles a major issue? Do you think they will be sorted by launch?

12. gladiator

gladiator Member

hi friend , hope you clearfy to me few things ...
    today my music files + video locate in my nas .. with the z9x + denon avr2800

1. i want to improve my music files quality what player will do the best ? and if its really worth it ..? or its just fiction and just buy the z9x pro ?

13. Markswift2003

I've been promised a new firmware next week, so I hope so.

14. Sledgehamma

The speed is definitely welcome :)
    I always like to play with new toys so it’s a sure yes from me ;)

15. vddan

vddan Active Member

Currently I get out of the zidoo with an edid 'SDR BT 709' and in the Settings I check 'all vs10' .......
    If I understood correctly with the 'pro', no need for edid and I check 'Dolby Vision vs10 Engine (Output SDR).
    That's right ?
    And that she improved image?

16. Markswift2003

Tone mapping to SDR seems better with the Z9X Pro - I don't know why that would be but there's a scene in Wall-E (chapter 7 from memory) where EVE blows up some ships - in HDR and Dolby Vision the specular highlights are well picked out, but in VS10 SDR on the Z9X they are blown out.

The Z9X Pro does a much better job at rendering those highlights into SDR, showing far more detail in the explosions.

DELUCAS likes this.
  17. eddy88

eddy88 New Member

Is there any difference in picture quality between the Z9X PRO, Z2000 PRO and UHD5000?
    If there is no difference in picture quality and I'm not considering audio, is it right to go with the Z9X PRO?

18. lanz

lanz Member

Someone with Z9X Pro could say me if SmartTubeNext is fully working? Are VP9v2 4K HDR videos working perfectly?

19. Sledgehamma

Can you please post a specific video that should be tested?

20. Sledgehamma

I do not expect that as they all you the same SoC. I tested the Z9X against the NEO Alpha and there were no differences, either.