Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. thivame

thivame Active Member

Good morning,
    I am under the firmware 6.4.60 (apk 4.2.43) since my last message...
    The result: less reactive than the APK 4.2.32 version but I can refresh series and movies... so I keep it. I only had one bug when I was browsing between several video files... but I must admit that I didn't use it much because of some personal problems.

ATTENTION:
    maybe a way to have no (or almost no) bugs : I reset everything and I started from 0, it was a bit long but it's ok I only have 8TB to process for the moment

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So, 6.4.60 (apk 4.2.43) is working fine for now? If so, thats great! I really need this FW as this fixed the HDR view full BDMV Menus.

3. thivame

thivame Active Member

I wouldn't say that it works well because I didn't use it much, but what is sure is that starting from 0, I have much less bugs than before.

4. Koloss

Koloss Member

Additionally:

I tested the same DV Content(Black Panther 2) on ShieldTV and Disney+ on LG CX TV APP.
    Zidoo(Player LED/TV LED) DV Content is the darkest, its not very good.
    Why make Zidoo the DV content so dark?

gymnos likes this.
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Make sure you are on the latest FW and the color setting is 16-235 and not Auto. This should help with the combo of TV LED setting. Player LED should not be used.

In comparison, yes Zidoo DV is darker in many cases as I am finding out across a lot of content. Could be due to Zidoo not doing FEL layer of the DV but thats just a guess on my part and it could be something else.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Not seen this at all. I have d/l of some Apple TV+ shows and also have a sub to Apple TV+ - don't ask. The d/l played on the Zidoo and streams played from TV app and Apple TV look identical to me.

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Where do you stream the Apple TV+ content? I am assuming TV app but want to confirm.
    I tried Shield, Roku, and Z9X, none were as bright as my C9 app up until last 3 FW updates on Zidoo... now Z9X is as bright as tv app.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I stream from my LG C2 app and my Apple TV box. All three (inc d/l on Zidoo) look the same in terms of brightness.

B0RN likes this.
  9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

That's good and I can confirm this was not the case a few FWs ago on zidoo... now its in line with TV app.

10. Koloss

Koloss Member

I have actual FW and set 16-235.
    Tested all options in Zidoo Z9X but the video are not the same brightness as shield and tv app.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Isnt this just because Zidoo spent like a yr on the Dolby Vision Black levels untill they got them close to reference standards

ie
    its not so much that zidoo is showing too black ,More that the other brands are no where near reaching the reference black levels

i know after they posted the firmware with the Correct black levels for DV etc lots of us ran the spears and munsel type black level tests and were getting close to best possible results

ie from memory lowest blacks is around 16 ish which for some of the tests my Panasonic was showing ( the results were also dependant on TV manufacturer ie LGs ? and some others werent testing as low as say Panas )

darkeyes909 and Letmein like this.
  12. Koloss

Koloss Member

I think the better way were a brightness setting for DV.
    So the user can decide.

Other TV other setting.

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Tv already has a DV settings ie on my Panasoni i can choose DV vivid plus 2 or 3 other levels of brightness
    So no real need for Zidoo to replicate that id guess

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. Koloss

Koloss Member

I have activated the brightest mode on my tv. In German it is „Lebhaft“

Also i tested on zidoo always force hdr but the black bar top/bottom have wrong color, not black.

15. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

hey guys do i need the CERTIFICATE folder to play my UHD discs in BDMV?

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

No you don't need that directory. Just tested on Dune (2021) UHD by renaming CERTIFICATE folder to 'temp' and it played just fine.

Paulo Pedullo likes this.
  17. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

The certificate folder is needed for burning a disc....and do yourself a favor and rip your movies to MKV and eliminate the silly menus.. you will be much happier. When you want to catch a special feature after the 1st go around for some reason or have a desire to navigate time wasting menus, pop the disc back in your normal player.

Paulo Pedullo and Netmask like this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is always good to have the original in 1:1 and can be burned again for whichever reason. You still can skip the crap and start the movie directly which I honestly mostly do but occasional watch those extra's.

Paulo Pedullo, darkeyes909 and 3DBuff like this.
  19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i love the space saving of mkvs but im doing everything as complete images now for 2 reasons

1 no issues with DV playback now with MEL and FEL sources
    2 the next gen of players will supposedly have full FEL playback natively ,looking at the next chipset data ppl have posted already, so why not prep collection now to have full usage of all the DV info ,rather than have to redo all the mkvs ,later

20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Curious as to why would you have to re-do your MKVs later? From what I have read, when you rip a Dolby Vision title with MakeMKV, both layers of MEL and FEL info are intact.. we just need the next generation player to have the ability to process it fully....

B0RN, xskip and Edworld like this.