Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

think your correct, media info shows dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU for mkvs

think i wrongly assumed it dropped the el layer ( think cos the old manual cmd level we were using converted them to dvhe 08s with EL removed)

plus who knows for sure what next level players will require file wise to utilise both MEL and FEL ,ie maybe full FEL playback will require iso or full BDMV folder structures to play them

covering my basses early incase :p

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

here's an extract from one of my rips - what is missing re DV in this example

HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU,
    Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU is MEL ie Basic DV layer ,this ones used for streaming services usually so its static DV ,whereas FEL with EL enhanced layer is dynamic DV meaning frame by frame dynamic "HDR" level changes

lol think it got changed to an 07 while i was typing :p

Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU

This is usual 4k UHD bluray FEL format ie Base Level plus Enhanced (dynamic frame by frame changes)

Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU
    This i think is the MEL version no enhanced level so static DV "HDR" changes

4. Netmask

The details I quoted were from my UHD disc of 'Valerian And The City of a Thousand Planets', using my Archgon MD-8107S unit and MakeMKV. So does it contain all the necessary info for future developments in Zidoo media players?

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

It should be fine since it says it has BL to EL
    Im just being overly cautous

6. soundeluxe

soundeluxe New Member

Hello, is there official Home Theather v4.2.52?

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

dvhe.05.06 means Profile 5 Level 6, the Profile is the flavour of DV and the Level defines the pixel rate which essentially defines resolution and framerate. (Level 6 means max width of 3840px, max framerate of 24Hz and max bitrate of 130bps)

Profile 5 is not MEL - it is base layer only - there is no enhancement layer. Also it uses an entirely different colour volume so that base layer is not compatible with SDR, HDR10 or HLG playback. That's why the colours are odd when played back as such.

Profile 7 always has a base layer and an enhancement layer, either full (FEL) or minimal (MEL) and the base layer is always compatible with HDR10(+).

Again, Profile 8 is not MEL, also has a base layer only and comes in three flavours - an HLG compatible base layer, an SDR compatible base layer or an HDR10(+) compatible base layer.

You're right that Profile 5 is used for streaming, but all profiles, 5 & 8 included, always carry dynamic metadata in the RPU - either frame by frame, or more usually, scene by scene.

xskip and darkeyes909 like this.
  8. Koloss

Koloss Member

@Markswift2003 can you say me why DV on Zidoo darker as on shield TV and TV App?

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Honestly, I'm not going to get into that conversation except to say that the Zidoo renders DV correctly in relation to the base layer and the RPU.

Letmein and darkeyes909 like this.
  10. Koloss

Koloss Member

But then is DV always darker as HDR10?

11. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

When we have the next fw? :rolleyes:

12. My DV is not dark but it could have more sharpness and a bit more contrast to have the same image like the oppo

13. Netmask

My DV looks fine, if anything a tad bright on a few titles. I can manually select on my SONY dark or bright DV, but so far haven’t had to do it.

Letmein likes this.
  14. I use dolby vision iq and it looks better than bright dark in my opinion

15. Koloss

Koloss Member

Can you see The different? In reallife the different is bigger.

Zidoo TV LED(Player LED isa not really better):
    [​IMG]

Shield:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

first one looks better to me second one is looking a bit blown out with brightness

17. The zidoo looks better for me

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. The details of the Zidoo looks better. But I understand what your saying the zidoo needs a bit more contrast but keep the details

19. Koloss

Koloss Member

Please dont forget its normal iphone pictures in dark room. and not exact the same picture.

Look the jacket in shield picture, i see more details.

Edit: Exactly i miss more contrast. TV Settings are the same.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I think you and BORN are part of the reason TVs always come out of the box and on display in stores in "display" or "torch" mode... brighter just has to be better! LOL!;)

darkeyes909 likes this.