Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Yes. But only one time today.

Edit: make that 4. (3 in a row)

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  2. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

15 pages of HT4 issues, what happened to the PGS subtitle bug that was confirmed by @Edworld and @Markswift2003 on the first pages?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I said in my post, it has been reported.

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

under >>>File<<< the data is no longer updated if you press >>>Refresh<<<

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@bob @mirror
    Why is the .nfo in >>>Hometheater <<< not updated when i use update? you always have to delete or remove the folder if you want have a refresh.. that is totally pointless.. take a lot of time.. you can not change that?

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  6. thivame

thivame Active Member

To refresh a video click on the menu button and at the bottom "refresh".

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Refresh isn't implemented for nfo files yet.

gymnos likes this.
  8. thivame

thivame Active Member

I had not understood .....
    Following a small problem of slow display since the last update:
    -I reset the player
    -reinstalled HT4 v.4.2.51
    result:
    when I start the zidoo (out of standby) the "categories" take 5 seconds to display ... and 5s is a long time for a display.
    It has never been so slow with the old versions (before firmware version 62).
    I don't know if it's a problem of disk management where there are my videos (2 HDD connected in USB3) or just loading the images of the icons (my images are on the zidoo and not in the external HDD.) but what is sure is that this problem appeared with the version .62 of the firmware.

vddan likes this.
  9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

My hard drives that are plugged into my Z9X all still go to sleep even though I have it in settings to KEEP AWAKE! this is a major pain that if I want to watch something, I have to wait for all my hard drives to wake up. which takes about 30 - 40 seconds every time!!!!!!

vddan likes this.
  10. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

If you are using something like WD elements drives there is no defeating this unless you are constantly pinging the drive, it is built into the controller, I tried with those drives plugged into Shield, PC, Oppo Clone, everything they always went to sleep, now i have a Unraid NAS and a QNAP 10GBE router I'm happy.

gymnos and DIKKE like this.
  11. thivame

thivame Active Member

I don't know if it's a coincidence or directly linked to the firmware, but since I switched to the new one, my transfer rate in SAMBA ETHERNET has gone from 60-105mo/s to 30-70mo/s....

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

and the reverse seem to occur with HGST NAS drives..... they just don't want to sleep and are always spinning!! A lot can also depend on external drive cases and the hardware/software combination contained inside.
    I set my NAS's to sleep after 2hours, so waiting a minute or so for them to spin up as required to watch something, is not a big deal when using a media player :)

13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I am using an Orico 5 bay enclosure with WD drives and while on Oppo it never sleeps, on z9x it sleeps about 5 mins later of browsing even though set to an hour. Thankfully it only takes about 8 seconds for it to wake up and start playing the movie after clicking play.
    And an idea as I type this, if folks have the option to auto update content, maybe it'll never sleep. I cant do that cuz my 18tb drive spins hard and noisy and if i scanned constantly itll be constan grinding of it. But if others dont have such issues they can just run them constant and never let em sleep while z9x is on.

14. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

After the update I had a few problems with HT4 crashes, freezes and sudden reboots during Chrome navigation (even after a few reboots). Also some bad behavior in some playstore media applications and APKs.
    However the worst thing was that after a few days one of my two connected external USB drives became unreadable (the 5TB audio drive failed, I also have an 8TB video drive that did not fail). All the data was backed up so there was no panic, but it took me a few Window tools repair attempts on my PC to somehow revive the drive and it seems OK now.
    So I did a factory reset after backing up my libraries, reconfigured my settings, and since then the system works much smoother overall.
    However I will not reconnect my drives back to the Z10 Pro until sometime after the next update.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  15. thivame

thivame Active Member

I find it more difficult to identify the TV shows

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Dude that sucks and yeah the latest FW did a real number on drives too but thankfully I took them off soon after and waited for the new version of the HT apk, which came prompt by Mark's speedy work and that has not given me/drives much issues. Its not flawless as it used to be pre-FW but its at least useable now after that fiasco.

17. thivame

thivame Active Member

in any case this version contains bugs, which did not exist before.
    I have the impression that by advancing one step (refresh metadata), we go back 3... (slowness, crash and return to the home page, identification problem .... of course the mentioned problems did not exist before)

vddan, B0RN and Letmein like this.
  18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Tell me about it... I was so careful to avoid the latest FW but somebody said their hard drives were actually running smoother after the FW so I said that's always good so why not... BIG MISTAKE. Whatever goodwill Z9X had with me went out the window with their latest release... Won't be upgrading until fully vetted in the future.

Lesson learned the hard way.

19. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

So, I resisted the temptation to download this latest update... Question - will I eventually have to install it in order to install the next upadate?

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nope. You can jump any number of versions ahead but one canĀ“t reverse to a previous/lower firmware. It still puzzles me why of that policy. With a data clear or factory reset this should work without any problem whatsoever. Other brands are doing just that using the same SOC.