Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Wen will zidoo implant

Sharpness
    Random noise reduction
    Digital noise reduction

Dune has it and my oppo and it makes a big difference to make it a bit sharper and take the noise out whit bluray

gymnos likes this.
  2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Try vivid mode on your tv for sharper image?

3. Vivid mode wil not make it sharper

It's about to configure your images ad your own tast like on a oppo I can configure it so it wil be alot better then the zidoo much sharper and no noise in the image but whit what you can do now whit the image ist not much

4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Side question, do you run a NAS for both Z9X and Oppo? or any other way you feed data to both the devices?

5. I have a 200tb nas but use the oppo manly for disc playback. Because the oppo can only play dolby vision from a iso not from mkv

6. I have a zidoo z1000 pro a z9x and a oppo all running from the nas

gymnos likes this.
  7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Oh wow! a 200TB NAS, what did that cost lol Probably took forever to build too. And yeah, only if Oppo did MKV DVs, we wouldnt need Z9X and Oppo prices would be even higher haha

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

you only need 10 20TB harddrives.

9. I have 15 18.2 tb hard-drive in it running a Z pool for wen a disc is broken I can just replace it

10. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Haha yeah or ONLY 9 22TB drives. Curious what enclosures he's got for that many drives still.

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Can you pls elaborate what a Z pool is? I've been trying to find a solution for a long time now but cant seem to land on anything that is either too time consuming or too expensive.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

no need to use enclosures, just get a PC case that can take many harddrives, on my unRAID server I use Fractal Design R5 that can take 12 harddrives, atm I use 4 14TB.

13. Just take a pc and install truenas it's free and works perfectly for zidoo you can go as big as jou whant only need a old pc whit alot of sata ports

gymnos likes this.
  14. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

NFS is supported on

Zidoo, (Posterwall)
    Oppo
    Kodi
    Jellyfin
    Infuse ( i think)

so yes, same nas and media structure can be shared across all those apps. Works great.

15. lanz

lanz Member

Will the Z9X get Android 11/12 or is it dead because it will need a bunch of Google and Netflix certifications?

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

nope, Realtek SoC is stuck at Android 9, but I'm sure they could do it if they wanted. :)

17. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

If you req Android 11 you will need to get the Newer Zidoo Box

18. Alen

Alen New Member

Hey,
    Are we able to do the following now? (the movie mode experience ) which is when you hit a play on a movie it will do the following " Play 2 trailers from the web, play a video of your choosing on your local network, play another video on your local network, then play the movie "
    Eg. Play 2 trailers > video you have that asks people to switch off their phones > Demo of a 7.1 or THX clip > the movie plays ?
    Regards :)

19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

It has something to do with licensing with Realtek SOC, I am not aware of any Zidoo box in existence that received an OS upgrade. from what it was shipped with. Seems backwards for Android but that is the deal they have panned out with Realtek is my understanding.

20. mirak

mirak Member

At last, the new version of the Zidoo Controller App is here !
    With an upgraded Search Function mode (sorted by albums).

Thank you Zidoo

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    B0RN likes this.